Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did VG Close the Poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Total: 1 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Seeing confirmation bias being shut down is always amusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i feel like Optic has taken up the mantle of the one true NA dota team just cuz PPD and CCNC and EG is now old and lame as poo poo

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

sugar free jazz posted:

i feel like Optic has taken up the mantle of the one true NA dota team just cuz PPD and CCNC and EG is now old and lame as poo poo

And uni!

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

sugar free jazz posted:

Optic lost to vgj and eg

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

OG will beat both EG and Optic in a crushing display of superiority

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Ponchis listening to music

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Knowlue posted:

Optic lost to vgj and eg

thats fine

it's not about winning and losing, it's about true na dota spirit and optic's got it.

like can you imagine rooting for a team just because they're better than another team can you imagine being that person, disgusting

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

sugar free jazz posted:

thats fine

it's not about winning and losing, it's about true na dota spirit and optic's got it.

You mean claiming non Americans as their own? You got me there sir

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

the sheer power of ppd and ccnc being on the same team together is enough to make any team na

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sugar free jazz posted:

the sheer power of ppd and ccnc being on the same team together is enough to make any team na

definitely

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

sugar free jazz posted:

thats fine

like can you imagine rooting for a team just because they're better than another team can you imagine being that person, disgusting

They're called patriots fans

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

turboraton posted:

Ponchis listening to music

what the gently caress

Taffer posted:

OG will beat both EG and Optic in a crushing display of superiority

You didn't read the second post so here is OG losing to Immortals on the same weekend as Summit with March standing in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prNMK_iSAR8

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Aug 3, 2018

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

OG eliminating EG from TI would be really funny so I'm all for it

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
If anyone is on my friends list already and wants I have the following extra that I can gift away:

2 WK sword immortal
1 Lich hand skull immortal thing
1 golden riki helm immortal thing

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

If anyone is on my friends list already and wants I have the following extra that I can gift away:

2 WK sword immortal

I'll take a WK sword : )

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Kild posted:

I'll take a WK sword : )

Donezo Kild my boy

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

mikeraskol posted:

Donezo Kild my boy

ty : )

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
the grind is real but having ranked roles allows for better odds, especially when the game matches 5 battle pass users against a team of randos. If im laning as offlaner and my supports don't buy wards and take last hits and push lanes I just spend next couple games playing support properly as a way to cool off

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Ranked roles is like buying MMR if you play support. If you don't the people who usually queue support pick SB or Pudge and want to roam and expect the other person to do all the "real" supporting while they jerk off somewhere. That being said, I've gained 200 MMR doing ranked role Tree in the last week, and you get a lot less mouth breathers than in regular queue

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

I enjoyed the cavern crawl and doing it through turbo games. I only have skywrath left and I'm 0 for 7 so far :shepicide:

Whats the queue time like on ranked roles?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

RisqueBarber posted:

I enjoyed the cavern crawl and doing it through turbo games. I only have skywrath left and I'm 0 for 7 so far :shepicide:

Whats the queue time like on ranked roles?

Support queue is like two minutes, mid and safelane carry is like 7-8. I'm pretty sure the matchmaking algorithm was broken at one point because I gave up on ranked roles after a couple of 99 min queues but that hasn't happened in a long time

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

2 WK sword immortal

Soy yo tu hermano peruano.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You didn't read the second post so here is OG losing to Immortals on the same weekend as Summit with March standing in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prNMK_iSAR8

I look to the future, not the past

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

turboraton posted:

Soy yo tu hermano peruano.

Which do you want here? And remind me what your current steam display name is?

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

I haven't played ranked in well over a year and have been mostly enjoying my dotes. Since the battlepass came out I have exclusively been playing underhollow and turbo (for the sweet sweet cavern heroes).

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
There's going to be a 5 man OpenAI showmatch tomorrow

https://twitter.com/gdb/status/1025060277543305216?s=19

Why can't there be dota today :negative:

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
So if Veggies is playing, who's casting?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lurksion posted:

The AI

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you don't the people who usually queue support pick SB or Pudge and want to roam and expect the other person to do all the "real" supporting.

Umm roaming 4 pudge is like the best support in DotA right now.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

lurksion posted:

ODP and Purge.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Firebatgyro posted:

Umm roaming 4 pudge is like the best support in DotA right now.

If you can actually land a hook. You trust your pub players to land hooks?

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I think its also more that if you queue support you may hope you wont have to play the 9 position unless you are really ready to do that. hard support people you don't know is probably the least fun way to play dota possible. You should never do it. you really just should'nt play dota with people you dont know full stop.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Iran been a bad day friends, any good dota from the quals that I can watch?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you can actually land a hook. You trust your pub players to land hooks?

do you trust your pub players to dodge hooks?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

funmanguy posted:

Iran been a bad day friends, any good dota from the quals that I can watch?

The NA quals were the only ones worth watching.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

botany posted:

do you trust your pub players to dodge hooks?

The last time I had a pudge on my team, they opened with "dont worry, pudge is OP this patch" and then died 7 times in 10 minutes in the offlane while getting no kills or assists, to which everyone on the team began copy/pasting "dont worry, pudge is OP this patch" until he abandoned

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The last time I had a pudge on my team, they opened with "dont worry, pudge is OP this patch" and then died 7 times in 10 minutes in the offlane while getting no kills or assists, to which everyone on the team began copy/pasting "dont worry, pudge is OP this patch" until he abandoned

"stay near tower I pull dem fukers in.gif"

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

lmao

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone have the rules for the openai showmatch today handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone have the rules for the openai showmatch today handy?

http://smerity.com/articles/2018/n_things_to_look_out_for_in_openai_benchmark.html

I guess the crossed out stuff is a limitation for an earlier iteration of the bots.