Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

logikv9 posted:

i can tell you right now all your stupid conspiracy poo poo is stupid because I did 9/11 do not try and take away my credit you hack

o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

ok now do one on the vast conspiracy of why scalise's dick and balls needed to be shot off

I don’t think “steve scalise’s business had to be shredded into a chunky red mist by a righteous hero” is in any sense a conspiracy, or indeed at all controversial

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

sick av material

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oiled and Ready posted:

No, the first attack in 1993 was the excuse to wire the explosives.

Wait do you think they wired the tower with explosives in 1993 and left them there until 2001

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Mariana Horchata posted:

sick av material

Indistinguishable from a Chuck Tingle cover

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Oiled and Ready posted:

Also, JFK was not taken down by a "lone dipshit loser". No one knows exactly what happened but the idea that that is what happened defies the odds.

There's something almost quaint about JFK theories these days. Like, they acknowledge Lee Harvey Oswald was a real person, who actually shot the real JFK, who actually died, they just think there might have been another shooter and that maybe someone told him to do it.

These days they'd think there was no such thing as Oswald and that JFK switched places with Rock Hudson and then personally shot him from the grassy knoll, and how that one Hudson movie Zizek (who's in on it) talks about in the Pervert's Guide to Ideology is an elaborate confession of the whole thing.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Uh, they pretty explicitly believe that Oswald did NOT shoot JFK.

Anyways, JFK shot himself with a flesh colored gun. Suicide disguised as murder.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Mantis42 posted:

Uh, they pretty explicitly believe that Oswald did NOT shoot JFK.

Anyways, JFK shot himself with a flesh colored gun. Suicide disguised as murder.

:rolleyes: they don't think this. Obviously the twin towers acted as a time portal that sent the planes into the past to make impact with JFKs brain. At the same time the bullet from Oswald's, actually MLK Jr., gun was sent forward into the thermite in the towers installed by RFK. The planes appeared smaller in the past because everything used to be giant.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

my personal fave 'believable' 9/11 conspiracy theory is that flight 93 was shot down and the 'passengers stormed the cockpit' thing was just a story to put a happy face on the air force killing 300 americans but it's still not plausable because the fighters protecting the capital's airspace weren't even armed and would have had to ram it.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
New conspiracy: the 9/11 hijackers were radicalized by reading hamprince's posts

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Fallen Hamprince posted:

my personal fave 'believable' 9/11 conspiracy theory is that flight 93 was shot down and the 'passengers stormed the cockpit' thing was just a story to put a happy face on the air force killing 300 americans but it's still not plausable because the fighters protecting the capital's airspace weren't even armed and would have had to ram it.

Sounds like you took their bait, hook line and sinker

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Oiled and Ready posted:

Sort of. When a steel building collapses, pieces of steel should splinter off in various directions, the steel should stack up at the bottom instead of collapsing flat, and it should take longer than the few seconds it took to collapse. Obviously at some point the steel will collapse, and the steel will then bear down on the steel below it. That doesn't mean it will fall like nothing at all was below it.

have you ever actually worked with metal in real life or are you just basing this off watching thousands of youtube conspiracy videos finally exposing bush's lies

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The conspiracy iceberg I posted last page has some great 9/11 theories.

"9/11 was an accident"

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I am convinced 9/11 was an accident now

I mean, it was a large coincidence for sure but that is part of the 9/11 singularity that bonds reality together

LET THE FAA DO THEIR JOB PRESIDENT BUSH

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Oiled and Ready posted:

Why bother with explosives if you're doing the planes? Probably because the planes burned up within a few minutes, and no steel building has ever collapsed prior or since as a result of fire. If I were doing that, I would be sure to wire the buildings, and when one plane went down as a result of "terrorist error", I would pull that building down with explosives anyway (building 7). That building was the target of the 3rd plane. That building fell, at near free-fall, from a fire caused by debris from the first two towers. Those two towers fell straight into their footprint. Another plane hit the loving pentagon. You really think 17 morons from Saudi Arabia pulled that off without at least tacit approval? If they had tacit approval, why not employ explosives as well? Why leave it to chance?

Why do the buildings need to collapse for the plan to work? Is the idea that if the towers were still standing then people wouldn't have given a poo poo about 9/11?

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

logikv9 posted:

i can tell you right now all your stupid conspiracy poo poo is stupid because I did 9/11 do not try and take away my credit you hack

Thank you for your service from a grateful LF

:patriot: :911:

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Mantis42 posted:

I don't believe any 9/11 theories but if I did, I'd blame Mossad. Remember that time they planned to bomb a bunch of British and American citizens and blame it on Egypt?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavon_Affair

Lol

quote:

Israel publicly denied any involvement in the incident for 51 years; however, the surviving agents were officially honored in 2005, being awarded certificates of appreciation by Israeli President Moshe Katsav.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dairy Days posted:

have you ever actually worked with metal in real life or are you just basing this off watching thousands of youtube conspiracy videos finally exposing bush's lies

Oiled and Ready posted:

I'm not an expert,

Oh wow really??

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Oswald shot JFK with a time-traveling radon bullet, but JFK hit him with the omega sanction at the last moment and sent him hurtling into the twin towers

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

*rearranges sweaty t-shirt* arguing about the plausibility of 9/11 truther scenario is the wrong approach, this confuses the form for the content of the fantasy, otherwise the analysand will never *sniff* traverse the fantasy.

think about how in the mind of a wwg1wga boomer, the spectral image of Q arose directly after the initial disappointments of the trump presidency: the contradictions inherent in maga ideology *sniff* could only be resolved by a transgressive figure who both exists outside of the Law and appears in order to uphold the Law

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Man the global elites are hiding the free energy devices they got from the aliens in order to preserve the power of capital just like Posadas predicted and y'all talking about 9/11 like you never played Jenga smdh

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA07gYh6tEg

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I believe any and all conspiracies that relate to the spelling of the so-called "Berenstain Bears."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
it's cool how a thread making fun of a conspiracy theory cult is now about people talking about the stupid conspiracy theories they believe in

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Conspiracy theories are fun. I spent all day listening to Dead Rabbit Radio, it really scratches that Unsolved Mysteries itch.

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
conspiracy theories are for people with unfulfilling lives

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Guys. Guys. WHAT IF the government started all the conspiracy theories because the real truth is even more meta?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fake 9/11 and apparently gently caress it up so badly you then need to fake the Iraq wmd stuff to get your war?

(Does lying about Iraq having wmd's count as a conspiracy fact?)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

it's cool how a thread making fun of a conspiracy theory cult is now about people talking about the stupid conspiracy theories they believe in

now is the time to post about GBS.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

thing about conspiracy theories is that even if some rando stumbled into the key real explanation for things, there's gently caress all they can really do about it

like journo outfits who do good rigorous verifiable work have failed to convince people that real stuff that's happening is bad- tapping Abrams for Venezuela, for instance. There's nothing fringe about accounts of what PInochet and his men got up to, but ask around: who cares?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Peanut Butler posted:

thing about conspiracy theories is that even if some rando stumbled into the key real explanation for things, there's gently caress all they can really do about it

And that rando's name... Was Karl Marx

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dead Beef posted:

conspiracy theories are for people with unfulfilling lives

And people who want to feel smarter than everyone else but aren't up to pretentious language

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I knew Toblerone Triangular

And you sir are no Toblerone Triangular

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fallen Hamprince posted:

I just wonder about the whole cell phone conversation thing... at what point have cellphones ever worked while in airplanes? Even back then before smartphones stopped being good at actually being phones.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I kinda believe the thing where the government was developing HIV as a bioweapon and homeless people they were experimenting on got out somehow or maybe were released not realizing what would happen.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
weirdly I would say that seems off just because HIV doesn't have the trappings of a great bioweapon. It's slow-acting and while it's pretty horrible it's not really something you can just ruin a population with visibly in a way that says "you have been hosed by America, have a nice day"

like, when you've got aerosolized Ebola what do you need HIV for?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I don't think it did what they wanted I think they were loving around like the FBI did with lsd and then scrapped the project

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Fallen Rib
oh word yeah that could work I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRIZbtcjBPg