Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Crane Fist posted:

Wait do you think they wired the tower with explosives in 1993 and left them there until 2001

Well Securacom/Stratasec had the security contract from like 1993 to 2000 so any time in that period really. Probably closer to 2001, but who knows.

Dairy Days posted:

have you ever actually worked with metal in real life or are you just basing this off watching thousands of youtube conspiracy videos finally exposing bush's lies

The youtube videos one

Pizza Segregationist posted:

Why do the buildings need to collapse for the plan to work? Is the idea that if the towers were still standing then people wouldn't have given a poo poo about 9/11?

The idea is to do something so brazen and obviously unmoored from reality that the intelligence community has no choice but to cover up the conspirator's lies. The alternative is to let the truth be known: the truth that elements within America were complicit, as well as important people from our allies Kuwait and Saudi, which would risk a complete and total breakdown of American civil society, oil markets, the stock market, etc

This then means the conspirators could threaten to expose the truth if they were ever held accountable. Meanwhile, they are free to paint the "sponsors of terror" as whoever the gently caress they want, which ended up being almost every enemy of Kuwait/SA, the actual sponsors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Incompetence is a bigger threat than competence. Incompetence will always have a habit of killing millions more than a detailed plan. Hitler's camps, Stalin's purges, Cambodia's killing fields, all were the result of multiple levels of idiots in a convergence of incompetence. 9/11 was a convergence of incompetence. There was no genius behind it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

the Holocaust wasn’t an accident, they wanted to kill Jews and they did it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Smirking_Serpent posted:

the Holocaust wasn’t an accident, they wanted to kill Jews and they did it

there was plenty of incompetence involved in Hitler getting power in the first place, however

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Oiled and Ready posted:

Well Securacom/Stratasec had the security contract from like 1993 to 2000 so any time in that period really. Probably closer to 2001, but who knows.

Okay so you know literally nothing about building demolition. I mean it seems like you're imagining the movie version where you stick some blocks of C4 on a strut with a big ol' timer, instead of real life where it takes thousands of separate charges and six plus months of impossible to hide setup work and cable rigging

You absolute dunce

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
so did this guy get advice from a highly respected expert guy on his facebook group to 'redpill' people by asking the most believable conspiracy theory stuff first and then jumping straight into 911 truther bullshit lol

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

it's natural that people turn to conspiracy theories about 9/11. it's v counter-intuitive that flying an enormous airplane filled with highly combustible fuel into a building at full speed could cause critical structural damage to said building

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Fallen Hamprince posted:

it's natural that people turn to conspiracy theories about 9/11. it's v counter-intuitive that flying an enormous airplane filled with highly combustible fuel into a building at full speed could cause critical structural damage to said building

This but unironically

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/travis_view/status/1106963236673327104

Carl Von Awesomwitz
May 2, 2006

Sisko Lied, Romulans Died
the only true 'conspiracy" is the """conspiracy""" not to open our third eyes to the truth of the inter-dimensional visitation hypothesis advanced by Jacques Vallée and also the suppression of the movie Communion (where are the retroactive Oscars??)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GfDXeEpSRs&t=765s

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Morpheus, Orpheus, Walruses, Choruses

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Oiled and Ready posted:

so when were they able to take a substantial portion of people capable of designing the demolition and installing/wiring the explosives out of the industry for a good 6-8 months (assuming they're only working when no one is there), and did they have people going back and doing maintenance to ensure nothing has deteriorated or connections failed, and then how did they make the controlled demolition look like the building was brought down by metal fatiguing from fires

if it was a conspiracy to demolish buildings it is a hell of a lot more convoluted to blow the building up instead of crashing a plane into it

its chemtrail level of lunacy that is completely divorced from practicality just for the sake of people on the internet to be high on their own supply of how smart they are. like, poo poo, just believe vaccines cause autism so you can get a better grift on. those people have t-shirts and all sorts of merchandise, you don't see poo poo from 9/11 truthers

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao how could 9/11 have happened in the first place, you cant even fly that high

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Themage posted:

lmao how could 9/11 have happened in the first place, you cant even fly that high

:hmmyes:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/QanonAnonymous/status/1107744755612422144

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

I'm betting it's the 21st century version of this:
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/cr...From%20%251%24s

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
the real conspiracy is thinking that reality makes sense in any way shape or form and isn't just a series of random absurd events

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Neutrino posted:

Incompetence is a bigger threat than competence. Incompetence will always have a habit of killing millions more than a detailed plan. Hitler's camps, Stalin's purges, Cambodia's killing fields, all were the result of multiple levels of idiots in a convergence of incompetence. 9/11 was a convergence of incompetence. There was no genius behind it.

I don't know. 9/11 seemed pretty well planned and executed from the terrorists' side. Making jokes about not landing in pilot's school and one hijacker not showing up is pretty small potatoes in terms of organizational failure.

Depending on if the air force shot down flight 93 or the passengers actually took control of the flight, they messed that up.

Better planned and executed than any CIA op that's ever been declassified.

Edit: regarding my previous statements about terror group Al Qaeda, you don't, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

ikanreed posted:

I don't know. 9/11 seemed pretty well planned and executed from the terrorists' side. Making jokes about not landing in pilot's school and one hijacker not showing up is pretty small potatoes in terms of organizational failure.

Depending on if the air force shot down flight 93 or the passengers actually took control of the flight, they messed that up.

It was well planned as a result of many failures prior to that but they had such incompetent people as part of their group that it is amazing that it happened at all. That's why it was such a convergence of incompetence.

The strangest thing about the conspiracy regarding explosives and that jet fuel doesn't burn. It would still be much more believable to substitute the planes fuel for something that did burn. If I had to invent a more plausible conspiracy it would be that the jets were not flown by the terrorists but were remotely flown and had explosives in the aircraft nose along with fuel that would melt steel beams.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plank Walker posted:

the real conspiracy is thinking that reality makes sense in any way shape or form and isn't just a series of random absurd events

ya this is pretty much it. I can’t imagine going through life trying to explain every goddamn thing that happens, it would be so exhausting.

it seems like the longer these paranoid people are into doing this the more likely they just get lazy and start blaming everything on jews.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Capitalism, "the invisible hand of the market" etc is essentially the fact they are grappling with but can't distinguish. It is also not very easy to narrate.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1107674137302962177
a very interesting episode, but one wonders why he doesn’t post as the original Q

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/CraigSilverman/status/1109506603420532736

qanon people are basically super-boomers so it makes sense that their image macros are next level

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

There are rumors out there that I ate a live chicken. It's true. Did you hear what I said? I said I've eaten a live chicken. If that triggers you, I apologize.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Offbrand Wint Insta.

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

ikanreed posted:

Edit: regarding my previous statements about terror group Al Qaeda, you don't, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

lol do you literally believe this or are you just shilling for your maga buddies again

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The dead rise

Persiflagist
Mar 7, 2013

Regarde Aduck posted:

The dead rise

just thought it might be nice to look back and see who was shilling for fascism in this thread a couple years ago, no big deal

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Persiflagist posted:

just thought it might be nice to look back and see who was shilling for fascism in this thread a couple years ago, no big deal

can you compile a list of posters who are fascists, I'll need it. thanks champ

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Regarde Aduck posted:

The dead speak!

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
what's going on with QAnon these days? is it dead or has it just been driven underground by google and facebook or something?

I was watching a youtube clip of the adrenachrome scene from fear and loathing in las vegas the other day and there were a load of loving #WWG1WGA comments from 2019 and i was like jesus, remember when everyone was up on that loving poo poo

I mean i'm nursing a pet theory that the extremely online males have all gone to NFTs and now they say GM and WAGMI to each other because the aesthetics are very similar but i dunno

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

my bony fealty posted:

can you compile a list of posters who are fascists, I'll need it. thanks champ

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

I did NOT under ANY circumstances say that you got to hand it to Q

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

whats all this then

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the QAnon Continuum

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Saw a Q window sticker on the way to work Friday, along with a black and white American flag sticker with a single red line, which I am unaware of but which I assume is fashy as hell.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Azathoth posted:

Saw a Q window sticker on the way to work Friday, along with a black and white American flag sticker with a single red line, which I am unaware of but which I assume is fashy as hell.

the thin adrenochrome line

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Normally the red line is for firefighters, as a counterpart to the blue line for cops. Firefighters can be chud-y, but hey, at least they're actual heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

what's going on with QAnon these days? is it dead or has it just been driven underground by google and facebook or something?

I was watching a youtube clip of the adrenachrome scene from fear and loathing in las vegas the other day and there were a load of loving #WWG1WGA comments from 2019 and i was like jesus, remember when everyone was up on that loving poo poo

I mean i'm nursing a pet theory that the extremely online males have all gone to NFTs and now they say GM and WAGMI to each other because the aesthetics are very similar but i dunno

Q doesn’t post anymore. But 95% of the stuff Qanoners believed is just what the Republican Party base believes now.