Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Premise:

quote:

Sasquatch are relict Neanderthal populations. Being adapted to cold woodland environments, their range was restricted by climate change after the last Ice Age and they were mostly wiped out in Western Eurasia, but there are still populations in North America and some parts of Siberia. Their lifestyle has changed greatly over the centuries as a result of the arrival of European colonists in the Americas, forcing them to retreat into the depths of the forests and vigilantly avoid humans, to the point that they now live in a constant state of guerrilla warfare. Imagine people as intelligent as modern humans in many ways, but with limited social structure, the mental abilities of autistic savants, great physical strength, and impressive natural abilities of wilderness survival. A Sasquatch like a cross between a bear and the Viet Cong, employing tactics of survival honed over the course of many years that allow them to remain largely undetected.

They were not taken seriously by authorities until the excavation of mound sites by archaeologists in the late 19th century yielded giant skeletons that provided physical proof of Sasquatch habitation in the Americas. The Smithsonian was involved in the concealment of this information and these remains, largely with the goal of avoiding public panic. At some point in the 20th century (possibly under the Carter administration) protective policies were instated based upon the scientific conclusion that the Sasquatch are _homo sapiens neanderthalensis_ and thus humans, thus also having human rights. Part of this policy is to avoid public panic that might result in their genocide. This has been achieved through a disinformation campaign that floods the dialogue of Sasquatch research with wild and outlandish theories that serve to both descredit those who research Sasquatch independently, as well as to mislead them and conceal the truth. This policy has been an amazing success. Independent Sasquatch researchers are so mired in disinformation that they are rightly the subject of ridicule, and belief of the existence of Sasquatch has become nothing short of taboo. The Sasquatch would be in great danger of extinction if ever they became known to the general public, but this unique and peculiar population of Native Americans is protected by the fact that most people adamently refuse to believe they exist.

Points of discussion:

How would society react if authorities declared the existence of a race of monstrous semi-humans in North America?

As a fellow taxonomic homo, would a captured Bigfoot be protected by the Geneva convention?

Should they be classified as a Native American tribe?

How would we as a society prevent them from being quickly hunted to extinction?

Should they be prosecuted for attacks on people, or vice versa?

What policies should be enacted regarding Bigfoot and the study of bigfoot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Bigfoot Stats

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

dont stop im almost there

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyZZfVe014

According to GOP candidate Denver Riggleman, JFK was killed because he learned that the US army was conducting weapons tests on Bigfeet

twoday
May 4, 2005

Are Sasquatch eligible to vote? Which party best represents the interests of Sasquatch?

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH82NOH14ok

quote:

Christopher Noel is a Burlington, Vermont-based sasquatch researcher.
Noel brings to his study an academic tone, and rightly so. For two decades, this Yale philosophy graduate taught at the Vermont College of Fine Arts.

Noel, a writer and author, as well as a well-known editor and writing coach, was among the early adopters of the habituation method, embracing spending time in the forest to camp and better understand the Bigfoot species and its behavior.  

His books include:  “Our Life with Bigfoot: Knowing Our Next of Kin at Habituation Sites,” “The Mind of of the Sasquatch: Expanding the Savant Theory,” “Impossible Visits: The Inside Story of Interactions with Sasquatch at Habituation Sites,” “The Sasquatch Savant Theory,” and “Our Life With Bigfoot.” His latest, published in 2016 with co-author Zoe Christiansen, is “A Field Guide to Sasquatch Structures: The 50 Most Common Types in North American Forests.” He has also written books about processing grief and children’s tales.

Are the Sasquatch autistic? Should we treating or medicating them? Does a Sasquatch have the right to healthcare?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Is it gay if you suck a sasquatch penis??

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdw1KSkO1tI

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

The Sasquatch would be in great danger of extinction if ever they became known to the general public, but this unique and peculiar population of Native Americans is protected by the fact that most people adamently refuse to believe they exist.

If this is true then I guess the purpose of this thread is to accelerate the genocide of the Sasquatches?!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPM-bDxG1sA

twoday
May 4, 2005

twoday posted:

Are Sasquatch eligible to vote? Which party best represents the interests of Sasquatch?

oh poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrv-VLsS0G0

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I present you with an important source of primary documents about Sasquatch.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

good poo poo

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The term "Bigfoot" is problematic: in proportion to its body size, its feet are relatively normal sized.

After all, you wouldn't call a horse BigDick, would you? (Unless you were Mike Pence, that is...)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
technically sightings in florida are classified as skunk apes. whether or not they are distinct from bigfoot is debatable.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

anyone who thinks bigfoot lives anywhere other than the pnw is a god drat idiot

twoday
May 4, 2005

I just read a pretty interesting paper by an Archaeologist named Rudy Reimer. He has a PhD in Archaeology and teaches at Simon Fraser University in British Columbia, and is also a member of the Squamish first nation people. He did his PhD thesis about findings of evidence of stone tools and other signs of ancient habitation in remote high-altitude regions of BC. A few years later he wrote a paper called Smaylilh or Wild People Archaeology, where he attributes similar findings to a tradition that is still practiced by his tribe. It pretty much involves someone going into the wilderness alone on a spirit quest for 5-10 years. Over that time the Squamish spirit quester takes on a pretty wild appearance, dressed only in animal furs, and lives off of hunting and gathering, avoiding contact with humans, and roaming around hundreds of miles through the mountains.

So at least some sasquatch encounters in the pacific northwest can be explained by the obliviousness and insenstivity of the white man to a continuing First Nations tradition. Also it's pretty to mind-boogling to think about the people who are doing this, which is confirmed by the tribe as something they do. I watched an interview with him where he theorized that maybe at some point in the past some of these "wild people" just stayed in the wild and reproduced, effectively making them an uncontacted tribe in North America. Pretty neat.

The paper can be found here, and is a good read:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Rudy_Reimer

twoday
May 4, 2005

So if Sasquatch are just a tribe of native americans, it puts everything in a radically different perspective that makes bigfootologists look even more like idiots and assholes

"They can't be natives, we killed all those. it must be an apeman!"

twoday
May 4, 2005

Oh my god
I was wrong
It was man all along
You've finally made a monkey out of me

twoday
May 4, 2005

Double post

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

twoday posted:

So if Sasquatch are just a tribe of native americans, it puts everything in a radically different perspective that makes bigfootologists look even more like idiots and assholes

"They can't be natives, we killed all those. it must be an apeman!"

this is just the Pygmy Theory explanation for fairies and little people but somehow dumber

twoday
May 4, 2005

Whay is that and why do you say so

twoday
May 4, 2005

Also for the record, I do not believe in bigfoot but find it fascinating for the sheer amount of time and effort that people put into it. Also as a thought experiment, I find it nice to imagine what it would imply if any of these theories were true

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

twoday posted:

Also for the record, I do not believe in bigfoot but find it fascinating for the sheer amount of time and effort that people put into it. Also as a thought experiment, I find it nice to imagine what it would imply if any of these theories were true

i'm glad you too are finding copious amounts of time to keep doing this thing you like to do :cheerdoge:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm both amazed and disgusted by how little this thread talks about Sasquath loving

https://mobile.twitter.com/jameswackenhut/status/898326984945573888

twoday
May 4, 2005

I will only discuss sasquatch loving in a scientific manner

The main circles for both sexes in comparison to the black circle to the right indicate the degree of sexual dimorphism in size (the relative body size of the male and the female within each species). The main circles for males of all great ape species are larger than the female comparison figure, and the main circles for females of all species are smaller than the male comparison figure. This is because males of all great ape species are larger than their females.
The pair of smaller circles indicates the relative size of testes (for male) and breasts (for females) across species. The appendage indicates the relative size of the penis (for males) and ovaries (for females) acrossspecies. As I mention in my last post, men have testes which are larger than gorillas and orangutans (whose females are largely sexually exclusive to their mates) but smaller than bonobos and chimpanzees (whose females are highly promiscuous). Incidentally, the figure indicates that, relative to males of other great ape species, men have an unusually large penis.

As humans have by far the biggest dicks of all primates relative to their body, my question is this: would Sasquatch dicks be bigger or smaller than human dicks, given their greater body size? Do Sasquatch have human-like ratio of dick to body size? Or do they have tiny primate dicks?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im a bigfoot maoist

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

answer is to organize with the sasquatches and wage a guerrilla insurrection from the mountains and woods with them eventually driving the capitalists into the sea. same struggle same fight.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i hope it's true bc then i might be able to live my dream of having a big strong hairy neanderthal waifu :q:

twoday
May 4, 2005

I believe that whenever there is a sasquatch/non-sasquach couple, the non-sasquach is always the waifu

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Given that Shabani the Gorilla exists, ladies have already demonstrated a penchant for large hairy hominids.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i once heard the hooting sound that big foot 'researchers' associate with big feet while hiking at night in the woods in the puget sound area

i think it was just the mythical beast known as other people in the woods

twoday
May 4, 2005

It has been theorized that when Bigfoot researchers in the forest beat loose branches against trees in an attempt to replicate Bigfoot “woodknocks” and communicate with bigfeet over large distances, and they actually hear a reply, that the reply is usually coming from other Bigfoot researchers. Thus it seems that they have developed a novel but primitive form of medium-distance communication that they use to alert each other of their presence in the area

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
OP you forgot to mention that the Squatch (that's what people "in the biz" call him) subsists entirely on Jack Links beef jerky. Primarily original and teriyaki flavors, but will eat peppered if no alternatives can be found.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

wait there are bigfoot sighting reported in loving florida

wth

vvv look man i'm not the one saying those are bigfoots

Prav has issued a correction as of 01:37 on Aug 7, 2018

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Prav posted:

wth

thats not bigfoot you dipshat, thats the skunk ape. different species of hairy wildman hominid (he smells like cuban baby diapers)

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

also i'll go on the record as saying that the patterson film is fake as fuckkkkkkkk

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Prav posted:

wth

It's Florida. Why not?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Florida Hominid attempts to trade live allligator for beer

Florida Hominid breaks into house, masturbates, falls asleep, and is discovered by homeowners

Florida Hominid disappears into forest after throwing feces at gas station clerk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

• Locked thread