Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Silly Burrito posted:

It's just bullshit. Thursday games are usually the stinkers. Plus it screws up fantasy football. Go back to Sunday/Monday like God intended. :argh:

works for me since my weekends start thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

god gently caress off ray lewis

The only reason to watch this game is on the field now.

e: not Ray Lewis to be clear.

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is like methadone.

this is like drinking mouthwash

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
stop talking Ray

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also leading a three and out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

kiimo posted:

At least you have methadone. I have no options for viewing and reborn4hdlive died and I'm pretty sure it's Trump's fault

https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

What was that zoom

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I know it's pre pre season but you really can't put the future of your franchise out there with that hologram left tackle.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1025197694493573120

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I didn't realize this is where Tyler Bray ended up.

I'm sure it'll work out this time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The shapes lurch in the form of football but it is somehow not, this is Platos the cave but with Football

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Tyler Bray tattooed his last name on his back

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yeah that's a pretty clear foul

Pulchritudinous
May 19, 2005
It means "to reduce by one-tenth."

Yesssss, another turnover

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tom Sellout posted:

With stars.

If those are the calls that are made I'm ok with the rule, although I don't suspect there was any ill intention there. That's just what the guy learned to get him to this point.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Jackson is better than RG3. I know, piping hot take over here

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It's a weird experience watching football for the first time in my thirties and knowing that nearly every single player on field is significantly younger than I am

Watching football in my 20s was weird with all these players who could've been my peers and I always had the vague sense of "Why didn't you succeed like they did?" but now that feeling is gone

Grittybeard posted:

If those are the calls that are made I'm ok with the rule, although I don't suspect there was any ill intention there. That's just what the guy learned to get him to this point.

I mean the rule isn't about malicious intent, it's just specifically to stop helmet-to-helmet strikes, and if that's the type of play they're gonna penalize then good, we'll have fewer helmet contacts this season as players catch on.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Tom Sellout posted:

I mean, if he ever forget his last name he's all set.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SKULL.GIF posted:

It's a weird experience watching football for the first time in my thirties and knowing that nearly every single player on field is significantly younger than I am

Watching football in my 20s was weird with all these players who could've been my peers and I always had the vague sense of "Why didn't you succeed like they did?" but now that feeling is gone

I mean the rule isn't about malicious intent, it's just specifically to stop helmet-to-helmet strikes, and if that's the type of play they're gonna penalize then good, we'll have fewer helmet contacts this season as players catch on.

Just wait until the football players are considered old, and they're younger than you. Drew Brees is one year younger than me, and they talk about him like he has one foot in the grave.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
this new rule is terrible

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

No I get that, I was just noting it wasn't a situation like...who was it who blew someone up for no reason last year?

That last one seemed a lot more questionable to me.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
This new rule is going to cost a team a big game, and it will be bullshit

Imagine if they make it reviewable

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Quiet Feet posted:

I mean, if he ever forget his last name he's all set.

Unless he has an rear end in a top hat floating skull for his friend.

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
this rule is uhhhh.... dumb

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Just wait until the football players are considered old, and they're younger than you. Drew Brees is one year younger than me, and they talk about him like he has one foot in the grave.

I remember when Vince Wilfork went to the Texans, I was thinking about him as this wily veteran and sensible family man and came to find out he's a year younger than I am. :negative:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Luv Jerry Kramer

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Abugadu posted:

Luv Jerry Kramer

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007
He went full Forrest Gump there for a minute

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Forrest Gregg, actually

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

well yeah when you're head coach of a team for nearly five decades you get to see a bunch of good players

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
I hope they do these awkward zoom ins after every interview for the rest of the season

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

when did Suggs get new teeth

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I think the big question here is what's all the spiders in my basement?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Of course he checks down

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Quiet Feet posted:

I remember when Vince Wilfork went to the Texans, I was thinking about him as this wily veteran and sensible family man and came to find out he's a year younger than I am. :negative:

I had relatives defend Adrian Peterson by saying he was "raised in a different time". Fucker is only slightly older than I am...

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

You know what

I'm gonna watch every single Packer preseason game this year, start to finish. In the past I've usually skipped out after the first quarter (let alone the first half), but I'm actually really pumped for this season for the first time since 2011 and the Packers have a whole load of youth and depth that I'm curious to see how they perform

TURNOVER

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Lamar got baited there.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

well yeah when you're head coach of a team for nearly five decades you get to see a bunch of good players

No I meant that he literally sounded exactly like Forrest Gump in the middle section of the interview.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Marty had his printouts and was straight up ignoring the dude with the tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1025204515631448064

:thunk:

• Locked thread