Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Is it just me or did Bray have at least two open guys there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Grittybeard posted:

Is it just me or did Bray have at least two open guys there?

The guy to his right was definitely open out of the backfield

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
You could just feel how much Al and Chris wanted to smash Andrea

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I posted earlier tonight about being 30 and having a different perspective on football games, and I think part of it is that I've watched so many pros play against each other in both physical and esports that by this point I pretty much see NFL athletes as just kids playing a physical esport I guess -- they're really extremely good at this particular game but it doesn't inform the rest of who they are or what they are to society

like pretty much what I'm saying is that there was some switch between how I saw kids playing video games and these players playing pro football and it got flipped and now I'm having a hard time distinguishing them (wrt physical vs virtual, anyway)

grumble ramble

Did you just make a get off my lawn post invoking esports?

Congrats for making me feel older than I already do I guess.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

b0ng posted:

You could just feel how much Al and Chris wanted to smash Andrea

"First working class mom in the Hall --"

" :smith:"

" :black101: "

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

wyoak posted:

Is Jackson fun to watch still?

4/10 32 yards

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Someone will win this drat game

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

All that matters is Chicago will beat the spread

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What's the GSH on the Bears sleeves?

Is that George Stanley Halas for no particular reason at all other than Bears?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I will never tire of Al telling Howard Cosell stories :allears:

Grittybeard posted:

Yep, p much.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

Golden State Haters

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Did you just make a get off my lawn post invoking esports?

Congrats for making me feel older than I already do I guess.

Not so much "Get off my lawn" as "These players really understand football and how to play the rules of the game against each other and maximize gains over losses" which, to me, is distinct from my earlier impression of "WOW that guy is SO ATHLETIC and accomplished these amazing FEATS no one could do that!!" and is a lot closer to my reaction watching esports players go for maximum gains over potential risks

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

God Tyler Bray throws like poo poo and it pisses me off watching him

Every single pass is him flinging his arm and cracking his elbow as hard as he possibly can and it always ends up either just barely in reach of his receiver, slamming into his receiver's chest, or vastly out of reach and out of speed for the route

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

News: The Bears are trash

Views: Ditto

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Every single pass is him flinging his arm and cracking his elbow as hard as he possibly can and it always ends up either just barely in reach of his receiver, slamming into his receiver's chest, or vastly out of reach and out of speed for the route

He's the cut-rate Josh Allen. Only because his arm isn't as strong (even though it's really strong--gotta give Allen credit).

:rip: Bills.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I find Cris and Al's banter nauseating

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Grittybeard posted:

Its been on there jersey for years, but yes it refers to him.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Play posted:

I find Cris and Al's banter nauseating

Make no mistake, they are truly awful.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
What was the spread?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Watching this? Ya'll are sickos

:yeshaha:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The game was alright though. I've seen worse from bona fide nfl teams during the regular season.

Jackson was exciting to watch but clearly not ready to take over. Wish they would've had him throw more, small sample size.

loving Cris and Al basically ruined what little enjoyment I got from the football game though with their awkward, smarmy nonsense. They spent a good long while criticizing TO as well which pissed me off.

I seriously don't get why we have to listen to these shmucks when there are infinitely better announcers that mostly do smaller games.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

The game was alright though. I've seen worse from bona fide nfl teams during the regular season.

Jackson was exciting to watch but clearly not ready to take over. Wish they would've had him throw more, small sample size.

loving Cris and Al basically ruined what little enjoyment I got from the football game though with their awkward, smarmy nonsense. They spent a good long while criticizing TO as well which pissed me off.

I seriously don't get why we have to listen to these shmucks when there are infinitely better announcers that mostly do smaller games.

Tony Romo can't call every game.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

There's a bunch of guys that are good. Ronde Barber is great. Chris Spielman is good. Charles Davis is fine. Everyone else who does it is better.

More like Collingsworst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is Mike Tirico calling any non-Thursday night games this year?

• Locked thread