Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They recently had sales on collections, maybe that was the last time you looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Some vintage Byrne weirdness.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
YIIIIIKKKKKKEEEESSSS.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Samuringa posted:

Luckily it is the entire base of superheroes so we're still fine

Eh even Superheroes are usually motivated by their own interest.

Peter Parker is the most famous example.

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I recommend anyone who wants to get into Swamp Thing to just read the 24 issue Lein Wein series and then skip to Moore's run.

Bissette and Totleben's art run starts a few issues before Moore actually takes over, so there's some justification for looking at those. And from what I remember the earlier Pasko Saga of the Swamp Thing issues have some nice art from Tom Yeates. The really bad Bronze Age Swamp Thing IMO is the original series after Bernie Wrightson and then Len Wein both leave the book, so I'd only read that up to issue #13. Wrightson's artwork was really well-regarded by fans back in the day.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Paging Gavok to the General Chat thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsakbFt4XcM

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1026367103249539072

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

A Strange Aeon posted:

Some vintage Byrne weirdness.

Sadly, this is canon. Reed is about 6-10 years older than Sue. Most writers ignore it, or at least pretend they met when Sue was already an adult.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Oh gross, is that supposed to be Reed and not some random dude she had a crush on?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Soonmot posted:

Oh gross, is that supposed to be Reed and not some random dude she had a crush on?

"A love that will burn true and pure through all the years to follow" for a random dude she had a crush on?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

A Strange Aeon posted:

"A love that will burn true and pure through all the years to follow" for a random dude she had a crush on?

Namor

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Doom

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
My brain wouldn't process that text because it reeks of grooming.

Also this:

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

I seem to recall a story somewhere where Sue dished to her friends about the guy she secretly had a thing for, and the twist was it was T'Challa and not Namor. Anyone else remember that or am I coming in from the Berenstein Bears universe?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Should I make a thread about reading all of 2000ad

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's a reading progress thread you could bump https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3854028
or use this one https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846145

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 7, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Sadly, this is canon. Reed is about 6-10 years older than Sue. Most writers ignore it, or at least pretend they met when Sue was already an adult.

6 to 10 years is fine if she's in college and Reed is returning to finish college after spending 4 years killing Nazis with Nick Fury.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/Pale_0ntologist/status/1026287575789645824?s=19

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jesus Christ, Brubaker and Fraction's run on Immortal Iron Fist was over a decade ago.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

I saw this earlier today and was immediately furious it didn't occur to me until I read it.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Sooooo, what are y'all reading?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Currently Human Stain by Phillip Roth. After months of reading cheap graphic novels on Comixology I am forcing myself to actually read a novel like I used to do.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've been having difficulty just sitting down and reading anything lately, which isn't usually a problem for me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Vincent posted:

Trying to get through this week's stuff.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Vincent posted:

On top of my pulls for the week, I'm going through Wolfman's Teen Titans. Plan to follow it up with Young Justice. Then John's Teen Titans.

Going to finish Cate's God Country. And get caught up on Birthright.

Also plan to read Aztec and Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Also want to get caught up on Black Science and Star Wars.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I've been working my way through Sam's first series as Nova and IDW's Transformers (currently at the aftermath of Dark Cybertron).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Vincent posted:

Flintstones, but I'm taking my time because it's too drat good.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I don't mean to brag with made up titles and accolades but that is exactly what I am going to do now. I am going to say, without any research or actual knowledge, that the library that I work in has the best graphic novel selection of any post-secondary libraries in the pacific northwest. I take pride in this achievement I just made up.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Every issue of Wolverine, I'm in the early/mid 90's currently, just finished the issue after he gets the adamantium ripped out of him.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still working my way through Marvel, up to '72. But that's on hold just a bit for now as I pick through Izneo's French bande dessinées catalog (I'm gonna post something about Blast once I finish it; that book is incredible). I also need to sit down and do a full read of Kill or Be Killed now that it's over.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I just read all the way through Dan Slott's Doctor Wh -- I mean, Silver Surfer.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vincent posted:

2000ad, still and forever

One more issue to go in Necropolis and I'll have read 302 issues of 2000ad, total

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I just read all the way through Dan Slott's Doctor Wh -- I mean, Silver Surfer.

This was great. I think I still need to read the last issue because it wasn't on MU for some reason.

I'm reading Fraction's FF, some early romance comics by Kirby, the Dark Horse reprints of Conan the Barbarian, and a book of Marianne Moore poetry.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vincent posted:

I'm reading Fantastic Four from the very beginning. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Everything Stars Wars that Marvel is printing because I'm a massive fanboy.

I got some trades I picked up for super cheap I still need to get to: Moon Girl, The Unstoppable Wasp, Korra, older Thor stuff, Infamous Iron Man, some Dark Horse Star Wars stuff.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vincent posted:

A lot of Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson. Also Denise Mina's run on Hellblazer which isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Currently reading this weeks nancy drew while sitting and waiting for my girl in sw galaxies to slowly heal up

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

A lot of Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson. Also Denise Mina's run on Hellblazer which isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Isn't that the stuff where Constantine goes to live in a hippie commune? I loved that arc.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't that the stuff where Constantine goes to live in a hippie commune? I loved that arc.

No, that's the Delano run. Mina's run is where he goes to Scotland and kills people by standing near them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

No, that's the Delano run. Mina's run is where he goes to Scotland and kills people by standing near them.

I don't remember that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I don't remember that one.

A sect builds an empathy machine that makes everyone feel what the person near them is feeling. This is predictable pretty disastrous of you're standing next to John Constantine.

• Locked thread