Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

I don't remember that one.

I think it's immediately after Mike Carey's run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Alhazred posted:

A lot of Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson. Also Denise Mina's run on Hellblazer which isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

No it's bad

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

I think it's immediately after Mike Carey's run.
It is

It goes Ellis, Azz, a two issue thing that's really good, Carey, Mina

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

No it's bad

It's fine.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Skwirl posted:

It's fine.

Wrong

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nope.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yeah

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

OK, that's quite enough children.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-O posted:

OK, that's quite enough children.

gently caress you Randy you're not my real dad your just loving my mom,

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/warrenellis/status/1029437461380980738

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Something of a dick question to ask, but props on the answer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Warren had friends at one time but he lost all the contact info on a laptop crash. Oops.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Something of a dick question to ask, but props on the answer.

Really, kudos to Chip for doing well with it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I should point out I only saw the tweet because Chip Zdarsky retweeted Warren Ellis with a winky face.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's that time of year again when Disney company ESPN has Disney company Marvel draw homage comic covers for the start of college football!

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/08/espn-marvel-join-forces-for-2018-college-football-playoff-comic-covers/

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Endless Mike posted:

It's that time of year again when Disney company ESPN has Disney company Marvel draw homage comic covers for the start of college football!

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/08/espn-marvel-join-forces-for-2018-college-football-playoff-comic-covers/

The Miami vs. LSU one is pretty cool.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's a real shame about Aretha Franklin. RIP to one of the all-time great singers and performers. :(

Wheat Loaf fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 16, 2018

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Apparently this is her one comic appearance, other than Mad Magazine.
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/justice-20-creeping-paranoia/4000-51720/

Should ask Lee Weeks if he has the page.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Aug 17, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uggggh god drat it.

I listed some books on Ebay and because I was too drat specific in my listing title I hosed myself out of easily $100.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Rhyno posted:

Uggggh god drat it.

I listed some books on Ebay and because I was too drat specific in my listing title I hosed myself out of easily $100.

What do you mean?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Strange Aeon posted:

What do you mean?

I listed a run of comics "#1-113 + THIS BOOK and EXTRAS." I got a decent sum for it but I felt it could have gone for more. I just checked and the same manner of auction listed as "#1-100 + extras " sold for nearly double what I got out of mine.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

I listed a run of comics "#1-113 + THIS BOOK and EXTRAS." I got a decent sum for it but I felt it could have gone for more. I just checked and the same manner of auction listed as "#1-100 + extras " sold for nearly double what I got out of mine.

That other listing was probably money laundering

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Guy Goodbody posted:

That other listing was probably money laundering

I don't think so, based on similar listings over the last few months they value was in the books. I was just too specific in my listing. Looks like I will be generalizing a bit more to get better search hits.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Yeah, a search for "COMIC BOOK #100" wouldn't have turned up your listing even though it had it.

If you don't want to overpollute your listing title, just make sure to get all the SEO stuff in the descripton; I think eBay checks that too for searches. So you can fill up the description with every search tearm you can think of, like, "includes landmark issues COMIC #50, COMIC #100" etc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, a search for "COMIC BOOK #100" wouldn't have turned up your listing even though it had it.

If you don't want to overpollute your listing title, just make sure to get all the SEO stuff in the descripton; I think eBay checks that too for searches. So you can fill up the description with every search tearm you can think of, like, "includes landmark issues COMIC #50, COMIC #100" etc.

Yeah I feel dumb as poo poo. I mean, I broke even on it so it's not the worst but the Ebay fee puts me into the red. So that sucks. I'm honestly shocked at how well this is going, 36 listings in a month and only one non payer so far.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Restraining order issued to protect Stan Lee.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm not really a fan of Kevin Smith, but I kinda wish Stan Lee had moved in with him, he's got enough money and respect for the man that he wouldn't have taken advantage of the man in his last years.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
They're taking my grandmother off life support tomorrow. The only reason they didn't do it today is because my cousin's birthday is today and they didn't want that to happen on the same day. So that loving sucks and I've been drinking.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm sorry dude.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Covok posted:

They're taking my grandmother off life support tomorrow. The only reason they didn't do it today is because my cousin's birthday is today and they didn't want that to happen on the same day. So that loving sucks and I've been drinking.

I'm sorry, man.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry covok.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Covok posted:

I'm truly sorry for what you must be going through.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I just got word we're not doing it today. I'm not sure why. But I think it's because it's such a loving hard decision to make for my mother and her brothers. There probably holding out hope even though the doctors have said that it is hopeless. I don't blame them. I don't know if I can make the decision when inevitably it becomes my decision to make for my parents. It's really kind of hosed-up that we are expected to make these kind of decisions at some point. When my grandfather went last year, we actually were holding out hope the whole time because they're actually was a lot of signs that he would recover and then he just passed suddenly. In a way though, I suppose I was easier on my father because he didn't have to make a decision and he still was with his father the whole time so he got to say goodbye. Probably made it a lot easier since there was no push for decision, he was spending a lot of time with him, and there was hope. Actually that last part probably just made it worse but still.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dang, sorry you're going through this.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Covok, I'm so sorry. If internet goons can be of any help or comfort, don't hesitate to talk to us.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. I really am not good with dealing with death. And a lot of that has to do with my own deep-seated fears with mortality. And my disbelief in an afterlife. So this is never easy for me and it's always very stressful. And it is the second funeral I'll have to go to this year and we lost my grandpa last year. So it's just seems to be happening so often.

Honestly, though the situation just keeps getting more hosed up. My mother and her brother decide not to take my grandmother off life support and just let it run until the medicine keeping her alive no longer works. They don't want to pull the plug. They can't bring themselves to do that and they know the medicine will wear off on its own. And they just see that as more natural.

But it kind of seems wrong.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
It is, but grief isn't rational and nothing I can say about my experience caring for those tires of patients during my time working in ICU will help you or your parents. See if the hospital had grief Consolers you can speak with. I'm so sorry for the pain your going through.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I haven't finished this yet but it's a longtime topic here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bshNOtERfVI

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Land is a piece of shiiiiiiiiiiiit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sorry to post sad news on this page right now. Not meaning any disrespect to you, Covok.

Artist JG Jones (Final Crisis, Wanted, lots of covers) has horrible health issues after a long fight with blood cancer. He's stopping work while he recovers from a stem cell transplant.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/interview-jg-jones-on-why-hes-taking-a-break-from-art/

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Aug 21, 2018

• Locked thread