Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Teenage Fansub posted:

I believe the recent Morrison Batman omnibus did something interesting with the one crossover in that run.
The crossover storyline was kinda crap and Grant only wrote one or two parts of it, so instead of including it all or dropping his issues, they got a few new summary pages of the missing stuff written by him (I think?) and drawn by one of his usual artists.

Text and some relevant panels. Dialogue is changed, I think.

They could have easily cut out those issues, but they were good, so I'm glad they were included.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

There is that one darkly funny scene where the CIA agent guys is remotely operating the king's plane, and he sees that he's getting fired at by another spaceship, and he's like "Put me back in"

It's like, wow, that guy is so brave. He's literally risking his life to save white supremacy.

Not the kinda black humor you expect in a Marvel movie.

Getting put back in is risky because his remote location is under attack.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Black Panther isn't American.

EDIT: Beaten like anyone that ever messed with Jack Kirby.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 30, 2018

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Aw. My friend got me a framed poster of comic covers from the month I was born as a late birthday gift.

I don't have the heart to tell him about the month on the cover being the pull date.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yeah! I'll proudly own the month For the Man Who Has Everything came out.

Idea for September thread: Post the best comic that came out the month you were born.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Post some of the covers from that month, and people will tell you if something significant happened.

August 85 had Spidey go to the suburbs, and Barry Allen was found guilty for murder.

• Locked thread