Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should i buy a gun
yes
no
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rad-daddio posted:

That seems fine. Restrictions are good.

I wish we had pistols for target shooting, and guns / license requirements were cheaper.

Oh well. Pistol calibre carbines like lever cowboy guns are pretty popular, as there's some quiet ex - pistol ranges where those calibres can shoot targets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Matinee posted:

I'm glad I live in a country where guns aren't A Thing (any country other than America), but I really want to go to a range where you can do crazy poo poo like fire a Tec 9 out of a moving car or dump an entire belt through an M60.

Could you not just do that OP? Actually having one in your house sounds so stressful

You sound like a massive pussy

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Macnult posted:

buy a kimber

if I wanted jams, I'd just get a few jars of it at the store and put it on toast

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Hell no lmao

Spend 5 seconds in tfr and you'll see

:yikes:

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

You should buy a gun and try it on yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Creamed Cormp posted:

if I wanted jams, I'd just get a few jars of it at the store and put it on toast

I’m trying to save op’s life

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

I wish we had pistols for target shooting, and guns / license requirements were cheaper.

Oh well. Pistol calibre carbines like lever cowboy guns are pretty popular, as there's some quiet ex - pistol ranges where those calibres can shoot targets.

How much does it cost to buy all the necessary poo poo, including a 9mm say? And shoot at a range.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Burt Sexual posted:

How much does it cost to buy all the necessary poo poo, including a 9mm say? And shoot at a range.

Pistols are no go at all here. Someone shot up a school in the 90's.

I don't know the costs for a license (for rifles / shotguns), but afaik you need a gun safe attached to a floor - I'm renting atm.

You need to renew every 5 years too.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Aug 6, 2018

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I agree; females are too emotional to own weapons.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Did she shoot the guy with his name painted over in Red

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
You should buy a gun and try it out on a target range. Otherwise, keep it locked in safe somewhere you do not have to rely on it. The reality is, is that if you are a leftist their is a huge probability that you use it on yourself. Keep it somewhere you don't have quick access to.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Guns are fun and more people should hunt. We've done a drat good job of wiping out a lot of the natural predators and culling the deer population for delicious meat is a good thing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Did she shoot the guy with his name painted over in Red
While driving, she shot at two girls in another car. She shot through her own back window, shattering it.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
OP if you feel like buying a gun, then go buy a gun. If you're on the fence or don't see yourself investing a bunch of time to get good with the gun, then don't buy the gun.

naem
May 29, 2011

buying a gun is exactly as meaningful or exciting as buying a new kitchen appliance

It's just a thing

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Flamboyancy and guns don't mix

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
If you get one you gotta have a good place for it. Somewhere that it's gonna be ready to go. This is my little 9mm.

I found just the place for it.

Some rear end in a top hat comes through my window looking to take my freedom all I gotta do is offer them some toast and oh poo poo, 30 seconds later surprise gun!

You might be saying, what if you need more ammo! My method has that covered too

Drop that empty mag and catch another when it pops up! Hot and fresh.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
If you throw bullets into the oven. Do they explode?

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Yes!

https://youtu.be/ApUb7WFWLYU

https://youtu.be/BFnSiaTsYag

But my toaster has been fine so far for every single intruder situation I've encountered.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:perfect:

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

How do you hunt in other countries? Are you allowed to have hunting rifles and shotguns, or has every other country outlawed everything but dull butter knives and sarcasm?

I'm not sure about mainland Europe where there's wild boar and bears and poo poo, but the UK doesn't really have a big hunting with guns culture because we basically don't have any animals where anything more than the bare minimum of firepower could be justified. Small-calibre bolt action rifles and double-barrelled shotguns are allowed for hunting/farming wild game, but it's extremely rare, difficult and time-consuming to acquire a license. It basically has to be your source of income, not something you do with the guys and a few beers on the weekend.

Also, whereas in America hunting seems to be something of a rural working class pasttime (I'm probably generalising here), in the UK the only people who are interested in it for sport are the worst sort of landed gentry upper class twats.

So if you hunt in America, people might think you're a rugged outdoorsman, if you hunt in the UK, people will just think you're a posh wanker.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hosed up how the UK still has a slave class and a owner class

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

If you like cheap food that's cruelty free. Yes. You should own a gun and hunt with it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sending a hypersonic chunk of metal deep into living flesh, entirely cruelty free!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sending a hypersonic chunk of metal deep into living flesh, entirely cruelty free!

Compared to factory farming? Yeah.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Creamed Cormp posted:

hosed up how the UK still has a slave class and a owner class
Exactly

Props to a friend for getting a tatty Mossberg and taking it clay pigeon shooting, pissing them all off.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you don't shoot like poo poo pain is pretty minimal to the animal. A heart shot pretty much obliterates the organ and crashes their BP so hard that they're not conscious for more than a second or two.

spacetoaster posted:

Compared to factory farming? Yeah.

So yeah, this.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
You a good guy OP? If so you are just what we need! If not, please try to coordinate your purchase with a good guy so we can keep the system balanced.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Deers are so stupid they eat up their entire food supply so a bunch of them starve to death slowly and painfully

hunting them is a humane solution to deer overpopulation

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
No guns, OP.

Slappers Only + License to Kill.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I wanna buy a gun but my dumb canadian city doesn't have any shooting ranges within a reasonable distance and I'm morally opposed to hunting.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
make friends with a farmer

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

I'm morally opposed to hunting.

Why do you hate tigers?

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I wonder if hunters back in the day got all angry rear end exploded when Bambi's mom was killed by a hunter

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Wait Bambi came out during ww2 so any dudes still at home prob kept a low profile...?

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

why would anyone buy an instant death contraption... sounds dangerous?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Matinee posted:

I'm not sure about mainland Europe where there's wild boar and bears and poo poo, but the UK doesn't really have a big hunting with guns culture because we basically don't have any animals where anything more than the bare minimum of firepower could be justified. Small-calibre bolt action rifles and double-barrelled shotguns are allowed for hunting/farming wild game, but it's extremely rare, difficult and time-consuming to acquire a license. It basically has to be your source of income, not something you do with the guys and a few beers on the weekend.

Also, whereas in America hunting seems to be something of a rural working class pasttime (I'm probably generalising here), in the UK the only people who are interested in it for sport are the worst sort of landed gentry upper class twats.

So if you hunt in America, people might think you're a rugged outdoorsman, if you hunt in the UK, people will just think you're a posh wanker.

I never looked at it from a class perspective. In my part of California, we have mountain lions, bears and other things that easily knock you from the top of the food chain. We have wild pigs and tusked boar hogs that, I poo poo you not, are as big as full grown cows. There are so many goddamn deer that I've hit one with my car an average of once every four years.

poo poo, I think I'm talking myself into buying a gun...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hunting in america is absolutely a rich redneck thing as well

• Locked thread