Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
should i buy a gun
yes
no
goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tace Vim posted:

why would anyone buy an instant death contraption... sounds dangerous?

but enough about motorcycles, we're talking about guns here

edit : alternative joke "but enough about pitbulls"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rad-daddio posted:

I never looked at it from a class perspective. In my part of California, we have mountain lions, bears and other things that easily knock you from the top of the food chain. We have wild pigs and tusked boar hogs that, I poo poo you not, are as big as full grown cows. There are so many goddamn deer that I've hit one with my car an average of once every four years.

poo poo, I think I'm talking myself into buying a gun...

Even an ornery raccoon can gently caress you up, bringing a gun to protect your soft pathetic flesh in the wilderness just seems prudent

Just avoid the Harold Fish type situations

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tace Vim posted:

why would anyone buy an instant death contraption... sounds dangerous?

I need a car to get to work though.

Blast of Confetti posted:

hunting in america is absolutely a rich redneck thing as well

Holy poo poo.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
if you don't lie in bed at night with the gun muttering to yourself and conjuring terrifying visions of revenge then idk why u even got one

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Nerses IV posted:

Even an ornery raccoon can gently caress you up, bringing a gun to protect your soft pathetic flesh in the wilderness just seems prudent

Just avoid the Harold Fish type situations

I forgot to mention the badgers and venomous reptiles. I was on a hike up by Big Sur, and I counted 7 rattlesnakes in one day.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rad-daddio posted:

I was on a hike up by Big Sur, and I counted 7 rattlesnakes in one day.

This post legitimately raised my blood pressure.

Rattlesnakes are loving terrifying if you actually run into them on the reg. So are cotton mouths.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Is arming yourself against snakes a thing tho? Because isn't the interval between "hmm i've gotten into a fight with a snake" and "oh no it bit me" about one millisecond. If you can actually see the snake in a advance you can go around it instead of shooting it?

Disclaimer: i have never fought a snake

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Icochet posted:

Is arming yourself against snakes a thing tho? Because isn't the interval between "hmm i've gotten into a fight with a snake" and "oh no it bit me" about one millisecond. If you can actually see the snake in a advance you can go around it instead of shooting it?

It really depends. If you're hiking, yeah, you can probably just avoid it.

But if you work in a place (I've ran into tons of poisonous snakes beekeeping and at a fishery) then yeah, you're gonna need a way to kill the suckers.

I've also heard utility workers run into them all the time too.

Also, there are poisonous snakes that will come after your rear end. Like, actually chase you down and kill you.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it takes a good guy with a snake to fight a bad snake

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

spacetoaster posted:

This post legitimately raised my blood pressure.

Rattlesnakes are loving terrifying if you actually run into them on the reg. So are cotton mouths.

I went hiking out to Calvert Cliffs in Maryland, to get there you walk a few miles on a wood walkway in a marsh. Theres was a (venomous) copperhead about every 5 feet on the way out. It was early and cool on the way in so they weren’t out yet. There was no other way out, snakes don’t bother me but that was terrifying

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Mozi posted:

it takes a good guy with a snake to fight a bad snake

relevant content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7oRcYcwnJU

she provoked that snake

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

hunting in america is absolutely a rich redneck thing as well

No it's not you doofus. I live in rural VA and an absolute assload of poor people out here are hunting because it's cheap meat. These dudes hunt deer, turkey, ducks, bear, and so on.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

No it's not you doofus. I live in rural VA and an absolute assload of poor people out here are hunting because it's cheap meat. These dudes hunt deer, turkey, ducks, bear, and so on.

Yeah for the most part its how extremely poor rural people are able to eat and supplement their income. However, I'll will agree that rich suburban "rednecks" where I live in Maryland at least have turned hunting into a who has the most expensive best equipment dick waving contest.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Creamed Cormp posted:

hosed up how the UK still has a slave class and a owner class

Agreed, the Scots are working on that though

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Yeah for the most part its how extremely poor rural people are able to eat and supplement their income. However, I'll will agree that rich suburban "rednecks" where I live in Maryland at least have turned hunting into a who has the most expensive best equipment dick waving contest.

Sure but to say hunting in America like that dude did is just incredibly dumb. Hunting is a pretty big part of life across rural America and if you think that enough of those people are "rich rednecks" to say that's the primary hunting demographic then you've got no grasp at all on the level of poverty in this country.

Wanna underline the fact that I'm not going after you here though, but godamn was that a dumb post by Blast of Confetti.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Don't Make Like You're Gunna Tread On Me

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sure but to say hunting in America like that dude did is just incredibly dumb. Hunting is a pretty big part of life across rural America and if you think that enough of those people are "rich rednecks" to say that's the primary hunting demographic then you've got no grasp at all on the level of poverty in this country.

Wanna underline the fact that I'm not going after you here though, but godamn was that a dumb post by Blast of Confetti.

Oh totally, it bothered me too, Hunting and crabbing where I am get a lot of people through to the next paycheck.

HugeGrossBurrito fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 7, 2018

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm sick of all those rich fishermen all over the docks in my town.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rich rednecks are mostly posers, and a very small part of that demographic. Besides welders and petroleum workers, most are just working folks trying to make ends meet.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i live in alabama so idk why you're getting angry over me saying that? i've known plenty of dudes with money that go hunting.

i also didn't say that it was primarily a rich redneck thing. i just said there's lots doing it so calm down a bit lmao

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

i live in alabama so idk why you're getting angry over me saying that? i've known plenty of dudes with money that go hunting.

i also didn't say that it was primarily a rich redneck thing. i just said there's lots doing it so calm down a bit lmao

This makes what you said even dumber.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Fun fact: both guns and snakes are cylindrically shaped and will therefore fit comfortably up your rear end.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess i should have worded it better? next time ill be more careful since there's some strong opinions on hunting itt

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

veiled boner fuel posted:

Fun fact: both guns and snakes are cylindrically shaped and will therefore fit comfortably up your rear end.

I need a snake gun, in that it's a gun that fire snakes.

Better yet, a gun that shoots darts filled with snake venom.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Yes

For me to SHOOT you!

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Well_Regulated_

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Interesting how the term "right of the people" is turned into "strictly government controlled"

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Icochet posted:

You better bring yours because the snake is definitely bringing his.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Rad-daddio posted:

I need a snake gun, in that it's a gun that fire snakes.

Better yet, a gun that shoots darts filled with snake venom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yorzl4x0F8&t=30s

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
oh my yes

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Jay_Zombie posted:

You better bring yours because the snake is definitely bringing his.

Fuckin bitch rear end snake, I bet he can't even aim that poo poo.
Or handle the recoil.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Get a revolver that takes 410 shotgun rounds for snakes.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Get a revolver that takes 410 shotgun rounds for snakes.

hello pennywise i hope ur well. i love u

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Orkin Mang posted:

hello pennywise i hope ur well. i love u

:glomp:

I'd give you a free gun if you were here.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No. Just suck the guys cock already.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

No. Just suck the guys cock already.

It's okay, Gorilla Bastard. I love you too!

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 17, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.
You should buy a revolver.

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Yes, a Taurus Judge is a good choice. Shoots .410 shells and .45 long colt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

gunds

• Locked thread