Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Creed Fan
Aug 1, 2016
Torties are my favorite cats - I have several cats to contribute! Sadly I have yet to find a picture of the tortie (Jewel) that started it all, but here are pictures of my other girls:

(so much hair for a short haired cat!)

This is Jewelietta, my first cat. (Jewel was my mom's cat). She was the only tortie from her mother Jewel's litter, and seven year old me thought Jewel + ietta would make a great name. She lived to be 16, and was an awesome cat. She loved stroller rides all her life - we took her and her siblings for fast stroller rides in the backyard when they were kittens, running around until they fell out, and somehow this created a positive memory for her. She was also known for giving very firm head bonks, and sharing your drink - whether you wanted to share it or not. She had two tortie kittens, but sadly my parents nixed the idea of us keeping them.

Cassandra (Cassie 1). Third tortie, got her as a tiny kitten. She's 13 now, and a bit crotchety - she lived with two other cats most of her life, but when they both passed away in the same year, something in her broke, and she decided she was meant to be an only cat. This has been problematic, as my family got another cat, and despite several years passing, she continued to attack it on sight. Ultimately, she ended up coming to live with me when her poorly managed diabetes almost killed her. Since being nursed back to health, she's gone to live with my husband - she unfortunately didn't take to my other two girls, either. She's a very sassy Cass - she will have quite involved conversations with anyone who's willing to talk to her, sits on my husband's chest right in front of his face or on his laptop, helps out by sitting in the middle of puzzles, and gently swats legs if she feels she's being ignored.

Kiwi! There's one beautiful picture of her laying next to a decorative tree she knocked over, but I can't find it. She was an amazingly determined and upbeat cat. She was allergic to the plaque on her teeth, and despite medication, she constantly had issues with drooling, and all but four teeth eventually fell out. In spite of that, she played a mean game of fetch, chasing after balled up plastic bags and even leaping into piles of paper or laundry after them, then bringing them back. Or just standing next to the bag and waiting for you to throw it again, if her mouth was bothering her too much that day. She was semi-famous at the local Arby's, as my family would often get her some extra roast beef when we went there. The one cashier even got to meet her, when we took her for a car ride the night before she passed. She left us far too young, but she was a happy and loving cat despite her condition.

Tina and Cassie (Cassie 2). We meant to rename them, especially given the possible Cassie confusion... but the names stuck. I met them as terrified little kittens, who hissed whenever I opened the cage door, put my hand near the cage, etc. With a lot of time and patience, though, I was able to pet both of them as they purred. Just before adopting them, I glanced through their paperwork, and found that the shelter was considering listing them as barn cats, due to their inability to be socialized. I hesitated for just a second before writing the last signature - what was I getting myself into? Two of the best friendships I've had, as it turns out. With lots more patience, and a ton of courage from them (they went through two multi hour moves as we gradually made our way from one end of the province to the other), they've turned out to be some of the friendliest, most loving cats I've ever met. They're constantly at my side when I'm at home (Tina will even greet me at the door so we can have Tina time), and though they still struggle somewhat with strangers (Cass especially), they've made friends with several people after multiple visits. Cass gives excellent hand boops, and Tina is always (ALWAYS) up for a cuddle. I'm very lucky to have them.

(Apologies for the full size of the timg pics, and weird sizing in general, I'm still getting the hang of inline image links!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Creed Fan
Aug 1, 2016
I'm getting another cat!! She's just about a year old, and somehow even smaller than Tina. I'm really hoping that she'll fit in well with the others, she's very shy (semi-feral, her foster mom is still working on being able to pet her) and really follows other cats' lead, so I'm optimistic.

http://imgur.com/a/nVDZl4V