Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the champs?
This poll is closed.
Dillashaw, Johnson 35 52.24%
Garbrandt, Johnson 24 35.82%
Dillashaw, Cejudo 5 7.46%
Garbrandt, Cejudo 3 4.48%
Total: 67 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Hey everyone, former snd soon to be new UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt here, welcoming you to the GDT for UFC 227: Dillashaw vs Me: 10 p.m. ET only on PPV.

Let me tell you. This time, its different. This time I'm focused. 💯🍆💯🍆💯 I've always worked closely with a sports psychologist, registered Analrapist Tobias Fünke, and this time around he has really helped me pour my attention into my training to beat on TJ's tight rear end. It's a new start for my career, a new beginning of me being another champion again, but Dr. Fünke says that part of my training should include mental and emotional outlets to release my pent up long hidden feelings that he thinks I fight as a way of oppressing. I'm between little cancer kids right now, so he suggested journaling as a way of getting past that.

I can't write too good so Dr. Fünke has agreed to help out so I can get some of that release I have been edging toward for a long time now.

:siren: For the bantanweight strapon :siren:

TJ Dillashaw (c) vs. ME, Cody Garbrandt

You all know me and TJ have some history. We used to be partners and then split up and its beed bad blood ever since. He was champ while Dom Cruz was out but Dom came back and Dommed him, then I Dommed Dom then TJ Dommed me. But TJ, he's a real snake. He thinks he's the champ, he's the top right now and I'm just the bottom, but yeah last time maybe he topped me but this time is different. He may think I'm a bottom but I'm hungrier for it. I got something inside of me that needs it more. If I'm a bottom then I am a power bottom and TJ better be careful what he wishes for cuz I'm gonna throw it back and throw it back hard.

Yeah, you all saw it. You don't need me to tell you TJ finished on me in the second round when we fought. I'm not gonna lie, it was hard. That was a stiff one for me to take. TJ really rearranged my guts that night, but thankfully Dr. Tobias has been there for me to help me every step of the way. He helped me understand that this is part of who I am, and getting plowed rough won't define me unless I let it. I also want to thank my lovely wife for her patience and understanding and publicly standing beside me so the fans understand what a relationship we have. I have been so focused and busy that I haven't even hosed her in three months, which is almost two weeks or so longer than average. Baby, when I get that belt back it's on. I'm gonna come home, take you up to our bedroom. Put the Thor Ragnarok blu ray on, and 15-20 minutes or so after that you're not gonna know what hit you from behind in the dark.

:siren: For thebFlyweight belt :siren:

Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson (c)

vs.

Henry Cejudo

Not to be impolite, but Mighty Mouse is tiny, and the fastest man I have ever met. Doesn't interest me. I like bigger guys who can go deeper and harder out of the gate. Also not to be impolite because it's technically none of my business but TJ was trying to smash that for a while now and Mighty Mouse won't call him back, so you hear that TJ? Not everyone wants a piece of your rear end you conceited bitch.

Henry Cejudo is more my type. He's a little more my size and was a bantameight for a while. He's an Olympic wrestler so you know he knows how to put a man down on his back and hold him there and just impose himself. And those latin, those latino type guys? Something about em man, they're fiery. Spirited. They got that la passíon or whatever, I ain't take no Spanish but it drives me nuts.

Featherweight

Cub Swanson

vs.

Renato Moicano

Cub Swanson has been on the scene for a while now, but don't the name fool you. He's not chubby or nothin'. He's also kind of like a daddy to a lot of the smaller weight classes. He knows his poo poo and has a lot of experience he can teach you if you get matched up with him.

Renato Moicano hasn't been doing this for as long but he is real good and bendy. When he subbed for Tom Niinimaki and hell, even when ge got subbed from Brian Ortega, I was so excited and my blood was pumping and I was standing straight up the entire time.

Women's Strawweight

Polyana Viana vs. JJ Aldrich

Hey no offense but I don't watch the ladies when they do this, ok? This is a space for men. We created this back in the 90s when congressmen still got votes by comparing us to animals and we had to hide and do this in secret little bars or overseas in Brazil. Things are changed a lot now and I am so proud of that and proud of who I am and I am glad this is an inclusive space, but women should respect that I feel and not come here with their friends on the weekends like it's some kind of vacation or a new place to hang out. It's more meaningful than that.

Middleweight

Thiago Santos (middleweight fighter)

vs.

Kevin Holland

Thiago Santos really blends in. His name is so common with Brazilians they have to specify on his wikipedis he is a fighter in a specific weight class. I love that about him. Makes it fun, like you never know when you're gonna bump into him again at the bathroom in a rio nightclub untul he shows up and absolutely destroys you.

So I wanna clear the air about my racial type messages that have been coming out on my twitter. Yes it's true, that screenshot is me messaging Kevin Holland on a twitter DM (I use a custom theme so thats why it looks different from yours.) I was different back then. I didn't know that boy was a cuss to black guys. He was one of the first black guys I ever messaged on that web site (which is twitter btw) so I never meant to mess up and say a mean racist cuss at him. I hope Kevin will forgive me and message me back on that web site (twitter) because I would like to continue talking about our conversation with him.

FX PRELIMS, 8 p.m. ET

Bantamweight Pedro Munhoz vs. Brett Johns

Bantamweight Ricky Simon vs. Montel Jackson

Bantamweight Ricardo Ramos vs. Kyung Ho Kang

Featherweight Matt Sayles vs. Sheymon Moraes

Fight Pass Prelims, 6:30 p.m.

Flyweight Jose Torres vs. Alex Perez
Women's Strawweight Danielle Taylor vs. Zhang Weili
Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Wuliji Buren

Official MMA snack rating:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

This is a funny post and peak r/mma

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/6aux1a/i_think_cody_garbrandt_is_gay_heres_my_gay/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is this guy's nickname really 'the pikey'

Yeah hes welsh as hell

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I would message Kevin Holland on Grindr for sure

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dark Souls is the best base for MMA

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

dj won that fight but ive seen way worse decisions recently.

Yeah, I disagree but have seen worse.

Sad day.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Mighty Mouse won 1-3, and possibly 5 imo.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CommonShore posted:

There's something about orgasmic praise from the commentary team that's basically a curse.

there's also a 100% occurance of shenanigans when Bruce Buffer says "... and judge Sal D'Amatto scores the fight....."

lmao yeah my gut dropped a bit as soon as Buffer said Sal was the deciding vote

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

"he's smiling because there's nowhere he'd rather be than with another man"

bluedeanie is anik theory confirmed

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

This was a tremendous OP but I feel you missed out on the Tom of Finland joke here.

AUGH, DANGIT

• Locked thread