Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

veni veni veni posted:

I really hope the other shoe doesn't drop with the mob, or if it does it stays consistent with the tone of the show, because I love that they feel like believable people that aren't complete cartoon psychopaths.

I don't know what the mob was really like, but I imagine it was often closer to the deuce irl than most cinema where someone gets murdered every 30 seconds for looking at them wrong. That said I'm sure they'll kill someone sooner or later. Seems inevitable.
Yeah they seem a little frustrated and anxious that they're gonna have to do something about the $7.50 place, it makes them all nervous and Rudy knows it's his responsibility but no one wants to pull the trigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

timp posted:

Wasn't it all but spelled out for us that Rudy's man (forgot his name, Tommy or something?) set fire to that place at the end of last week's episode?

Oh I actually forgot that was last week - I binged the first 3 episodes yesterday and yeah, he did that.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

there's still another episode to air next week

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah they set him up as "the nice one" even if he put up the hothead facade. Like in season 1 they show him super outwardly angry around CC when Darlene is late getting back, but then when she does get back and admits she fell asleep watching movies with her client, he just calmly asks a few questions and shrugs. The scene was well-foreshadowed and they did a good job making it tense regardless but I was pretty confident she'd be out and reasonably happy at the end of the season.

Lori on the other hand...I'm glad she's alive.

• Locked thread