Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
IBO is good.

I know this thread is mostly dead because of the official Discord and stuff, but does anyone have links to good GM notes? I'm trying to get a basis for how to organize notes since I'm poking at running something. I've looked through all the Wallflower stuff to get the jist of it, but is there anything else decent out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Sparri look like they'll be neat, though I really want Aun mech and pilot art. You can't just drop stuff like "oh yeah and this one can reset time and summon part of the nearby sun on top of you" and not have it look super cool.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
BITD style 1.8 pilot rules hot off the presses right here. 1.8 is probably out in January.

The grapple rules are going to get clarification later, but just in case you're a big goof whose entire team likes to grapple, Tom explained that grapple movement is controlled by the largest/strongest (synthetic muscle mesh or whatever) mech in the scrum. In the case of two equals, the one who wins the check and moves drags the whole chain of people with them.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
let barbie take titanomancy

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I thought you could do either now? One of the examples is just "yeah you get into a shootout with mooks, they all died and you took 2 damage" for a narrative combat summary.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
i love gun

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

40 Proof Listerine posted:

War Pike

RAMJET increases this to Knockback 8.

uh oh looks like the D&D 4e spear barb is back :getin:

Knockback is also good because it can knock someone out of a grapple.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Springfield Fatts posted:

Makes sense. The constant TECHNO_BABEL_V.123 is a bit grating but I like the core system, which makes sense as I'm a big SotDL fan. This game seems less lethal to PCs than that one, though.

Anyone have a suggested range conversion? I know they heavily recommend it in the book but I really don't like using gridmaps in game sessions as it slows everything to a crawl. I was thinking 0 Melee/CQB, 1-5 Short, 6-10 Medium, 11-15 Long, >15 Extreme.

It's not particularly lethal to PCs, you can throw down really overtuned high tension fights and blow up half their mechs, but nobody cares because the PCs can just punch out and reprint the mech after the fight.

Those ranges sound about right.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I mean, it doesn't have to be trivial. The easiest way to up the stakes is to put the players in a place where they don't have access to a printer to just make another mech, in which case it plays a little more traditionally and having to punch out is still real bad.

The pilots still have plenty of opportunity to punch out though, unless we're talking about Team Manticore running around Castigating Enemies of the Godhead 24/7 but at that point the players have already established their blood pact.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
weird stuff they haven't seen because they don't go outside

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I dunno about optimistic but it’s a lot more grounded in political science and history so that helps it be a little less overtly grim compared to other settings in the genre. It’s definitely a super good setting though and more people should go back Miguel’s patreon.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I think a lot of people don't, or they're under the impression that a lot might change between 1.8.5 and the release.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
it doesn't get printed it was just there the whole time

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Josef bugman posted:

The thing is though that this is likely to lead to the most hilarious of all outcomes, accidentally having 15 100 Harrison II clones fighting to work out who the real one is airdropped onto an island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

grassy gnoll posted:

Missed a real opportunity for Sunzi's out, gunzi's out, imo.

Also, downtime stuff is cool and good, use it and don't be afraid to hand out lots of stuff, especially reserves or consumables or whatever.