Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well, according to the Stahlburg Map, Turnip Hill is close to the reactor. It's possible that he was forced to detour because of road blockages/abandoned cars.

Lmao it's just 3 KM away from Turnip Hill, that's less than an hour's walk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I'm glad that the toilet flushing training you did in the previous chapters paid off.

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
Hang on, I've kind of been skimming ahead, why was Markku having beef with a Bioshock man in an underground bunker?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Mushrooms, probably.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

35/ Oh, no! Not Max Koller!... Who's Max Koller?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh wow, such drama. :geno:

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Now that we've found the Resident Evil manor how long until the mushroom zombies begin showing up?

In all seriousness though that place was in remarkably good condition considering it's been left untouched for 30 years and every door is open/missing. A surprising lack of wildlife and homeless people as well (though we never did investigate the lone light on the 3rd floor).

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"At least [the gate] isn't radioactive." It might actually be less radioactive than normal, depending on how old the villa is. What with atomic testing, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and Chernobyl, combined with the amount of air needed to forge steel, modern steel has a higher level of radioactivity than steel produced prior to the 1940s. This was enough to throw off Geiger counters, but isn't really significantly more deadly than before.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Reminder that we are going through this because Mark didn't want to lift a flimsy roadblock.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

HardDiskD posted:

Reminder that we are going through this because Mark didn't want to lift a flimsy roadblock.

Is that why? I honestly had forgotten.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

HardDiskD posted:

That wouldn't have helped for two reasons. The first is that the road farther along was blocked by a stopped train. Secondly, even if we got past that, the flood from the breached dam would have blocked the road anyway. This detour, as obnoxious as it seems, is actually going to be a good thing.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

This detour, as obnoxious as it seems, is actually going to be a good thing.
Infra.txt

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

That wouldn't have helped for two reasons. The first is that the road farther along was blocked by a stopped train. Secondly, even if we got past that, the flood from the breached dam would have blocked the road anyway. This detour, as obnoxious as it seems, is actually going to be a good thing.

It's already a pretty good thing, as this last episode is a moment I liked. I mean, you can take or leave the convoluted plot, and I honestly think even the writers have completely forgotten where they were going here (although finally finding out what the heck happened to Walter does ad a teeny bit of closure), but I did find the onld mansion did have a bit of a spooky atmosphere to it. They didn't do as much as they could have with the design of the place, but the lack of signs of anyone being here as well as music, is a little bit unnerving. (And since I never got my two bits in, Turnip Hill is a really, really neat idea and a cool setting and would probably be my favorite part of the game if it wasn't for those drat bottles and coins.)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

36/ It's the only vehicle that hasn't let me down today.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Even at only 20hp that must've been an extremely light outboard motor for Mark to be able to pick it up with one hand.

And speaking of hands, when Mark had the flashlight in one and the camera in the other what the hell was he stearing with?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

With his butt like any seasoned finn is capable of. How else are you going to steer your boat when you have a fishing rod and a beer can in your hands?

Also this was painless, but also kinda pointless.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
You don't have to go through that spot where Mark comments on the flooded fields, there's another way out of the maze. I think some of the pictures where it's unclear what you're taking a picture of are downed trees.

The last chapter is pretty good at least. The game goes out on a high note.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Even at only 20hp that must've been an extremely light outboard motor for Mark to be able to pick it up with one hand.

And speaking of hands, when Mark had the flashlight in one and the camera in the other what the hell was he stearing with?

It was mentioned somewhere in this thread, maybe in one of the videos, but in My Summer Car I believe you could carry something in one hand, drink a beer with the other, push a car with two more hands, while making rude gestures with yet another and peeing with your free-swinging willy. This was, unfortunately, patched.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I fully admit I'm just poo poo-posting to make fun but I feel like taking pictures of a wrecked bus stop was probably removed from Mark's job description once he was on his way to stop a nuclear power plant from melting down or whatever.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Kibayasu posted:

I fully admit I'm just poo poo-posting to make fun but I feel like taking pictures of a wrecked bus stop was probably removed from Mark's job description once he was on his way to stop a nuclear power plant from melting down or whatever.

Well one of those things belongs in Mark's job description, but probably not the other.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That's for Mark's personal collection

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
All those pictures he doesn't take are going in his performance review man.

'Good job on the nuclear meltdown, but you missed those flooded streets in the vicinity, that docks a few points off, you'll have to do better for your raise'

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
"This flooded chamber picture could be anywhere in the strangely deep darkness."

Mark: "I ran out of batteries for the flashlight."

"Carry more than 10 packs next time."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
The camera does have a flash, but there isn't a whole lot to distinguish one section of crumbling concrete and exposed rebar from another. However, the game would not be significantly improved with the addition of precise note-taking.

"I have two sticks of mechanical pencil lead left."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dareon posted:

The camera does have a flash, but there isn't a whole lot to distinguish one section of crumbling concrete and exposed rebar from another. However, the game would not be significantly improved with the addition of precise note-taking.

"I have two sticks of mechanical pencil lead left."

A random chance for a QTE in order to shake some life into your ink pen so you can take notes.
But as a bonus you can raid offices you encounter for pens. But they might not work. If you're really lucky you might find an intact office supply closet where you can restock for real.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Cooked Auto posted:

A random chance for a QTE in order to shake some life into your ink pen so you can take notes.
But as a bonus you can raid offices you encounter for pens. But they might not work. If you're really lucky you might find an intact office supply closet where you can restock for real.

I would actually be on board for a (different, better) game where you need to scavenge pens to make your quest log work. But only if there's the opportunity to write entirely in magenta glitter gel pen.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Dareon posted:

I would actually be on board for a (different, better) game where you need to scavenge pens to make your quest log work. But only if there's the opportunity to write entirely in magenta glitter gel pen.

You write with whatever you find.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dareon posted:

That'll be in the $100 lootbox.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Kibayasu posted:

That'll be in the $100 lootbox.
Purchased lootboxes are hidden as randomly-placed geocaches.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

37/ I'm not shocked that the crane in the SNW bunker was in a far better condition.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
The bathrooms are intentionally left pitch black in order to discourage people from loitering around in them; if you do go then you probably really need to go. Management doesn't want you pissing away time in there. That's what the sauna is for!

Something tells me the sauna is probably powered by the heat given off by waste nuclear fuel bundles. Just cozy on up next to one and relax...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Hard to say right now since its probably under water.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Props for the BASIC joke, I would've gone with "Now Mark can buy lattes and ugg boots."

That glass popping in and out of existence makes some sense from a game design perspective. You can't see the actual window the debris was from behind that pillar, and it's not close enough to you to be rendered in case you turn around quickly, so it just doesn't draw. I'm not saying it's a smart decision.

Now I want to make a puzzle game where you can find rare sledgehammers and use them to completely skip puzzles. They're not consumed on use, but you can still collect multiples and the game keeps count.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
If Mark could pick up a gun, he'd use it once before discarding it.

As for Dilbert: the player is Wally.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Let's Play Infra: Is it flooded too? Yes it is.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
With that crane constantly shorting out, I'm pretty sure it doesn't do it randomly, it only does it when the crane collides with something. Or if you try to move the crane in a way that's invalid. At least that's what I kind of gleaned when operating it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I don't remember the crane being that much of a pain, I think it was either all the switches you pushed or something else.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

I'm loving crying at the way the secret ending recorded. Imagine everything that can go wrong when you put long conversations into a timed sequence.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

I'm loving crying at the way the secret ending recorded. Imagine everything that can go wrong when you put long conversations into a timed sequence.

Oh this will be good. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Im hyped