Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I seriously loving hate the ocean and if I were elected to a major government branch, the first thing I would do is figure out a way to pave over every single ocean on the planet because man, gently caress that poo poo.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2018/08/06/rare-10-foot-squid-washes-up-on-oregon-beach.html

quote:

Rare 10-foot squid washes up on Oregon beach

The 8-legged squid, which measured 10 feet long and weighed roughly 90 pounds, was already dead when beachgoers discovered it near Silver Point — just south of Cannon Beach, according to the Seaside Aquarium.

"It had been dead for a little while and some scavenging had occurred but all in all it was in pretty good shape," the aquarium wrote in a July 28 Facebook post, which has received hundreds of reactions.
Man gently caress that noise, Lovecraft is alive and well, pumping out monstrosities like this in the middle of the ocean. I'm not ashamed to admit the ocean loving scares the dick out of me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
This does indeed look like a bad hat to wear, Mr. Tax.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

id like a 90 lb squid as my head

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer
90 pounds of anything on the head is not really safe, I have a bad neck and don't want to desire roast beef injected into me break something important

WEAR YOUR HARD HATS FOLKS :nfpa:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'd prefer a 90 squid pound for a hat haha

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ah yes. a classic gently caress teh ocean thread. i enjoy it while i sit on my posting throne.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've been to the beach in that area.

That squid could have been me

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Poseidon disapproves! :catstare:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

are squids smart like octopus? if so, there's nothing to worry about because the only scary ocean creatures are the stupid ones

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I think cephalopods are pretty cool, so with enough preparation I'd be alright with it.

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

How delicious does that squid have to be to dissect it with kitchen knives rather than a traditional dissection kit?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yes. Squid are adorable. I love cephalopods.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Mother fuckin squidhat biotch

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk about as well as id handle an octopus on my head while taking lsd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsSsF-jTKOs

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Looks p gross, hard pass

Enemy Ace
Mar 14, 2006
"We stain the sky. We fight a war in heaven."
I wear many hats at work, but I'm quite happy that a 90 pound squid isn't one of them

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Hell Yeah posted:

ah yes. a classic gently caress teh ocean thread. i enjoy it while i sit on my posting throne.

If you don't like it... Don't read it! Don't click on my threads don't read my links don't drink my mangosteen don't touch my wiener don't copy that floppy

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
If you hate the ocean so much (and I blame the US midwest for that) how'd you put up with the Seattle years?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

"Robust clubhook squid" is a great squid name

Hell Yeah posted:

I know I thought they were banned years ago but if the Tax posts one then gently caress yeah

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Pave over the ocean, then nuke it, hopefully from orbit, then vote 5

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Agent Escalus posted:

If you hate the ocean so much (and I blame the US midwest for that) how'd you put up with the Seattle years?

I lived in OC and that was near the ocean too yet I survived, the key is to not go into the water because a lot of the ocean is primarily water.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The ocean is 99% fish piss. Fact.

In other words, I agree with the OP.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Is this tentacle hentai?

PhantomPayne
Aug 8, 2017

I should think before posting
wanna eat that squid goddamn

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Lowtax posted:

I lived in OC and that was near the ocean too yet I survived, the key is to not go into the water because a lot of the ocean is primarily water.

This is some Breaking Open The Word poo poo right here.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I like the ocean when I can enjoy it via boats. I grew up in Virginia Beach and basically my biggest problem with the ocean is loving sand and tourists. Oceans good, beaches poo poo.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
i heard tesco has 90 squid for a pound

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

The assholes ITT saying they'd like a 90 pound squid on their heads would all cry like widdle babies if it actually happened to them. (And I would too.)

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Aw, it's just a baby.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I think having a squid as a pet would be rad, but a saltwater tank is such a hassle. Then again I could put it on my head whenever I wanted.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

look i cant be alone in thinking this thing doesn't look like it's 10 feet long. maybe if you stretched out the tentacles straight, which is like saying your height should be measured while standing on tippytoes and including your mohawk as height.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The ocean here is almost 80 degrees and its nice to swim in right now. That's my ocean story thanks for reading.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Julius CSAR posted:

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

What? :downs:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
holy freakin balls-a, why they no make-a da fried calamad from-a da squid, ah??
-me, irl

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
All I hear is 70 or so pounds of calamari SIGN ME UP

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
literally all i can think about is how much fried calamad i could make with that massive thing

and how sad i am living in a desert where no squids can be found

my heart is still in-a brookalyn, at leo's casa di calamari on 3rd avenue in bay ridge

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

autism ZX spectrum posted:

All I hear is 70 or so pounds of calamari SIGN ME UP

gesù cristo, so much calamad!!!!!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Looks like the breach is open. Pacific rim warned us and we didn’t listen!

• Locked thread