Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X are two of the greatest films of all time. Recently, I thought Chi-Raq was fun.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I read that the ending with Charlottesville was tacked on and not originally planned. Really punched you in the balls after giving you a kinda sorta high note. I think it worked.

The movie itself also ends on a low note - Ron manages to stop cross burnings and weaken the local KKK while on the case (and indirectly leads to the death of several local, murderous members) - but when the case is shut down and buried, what did he change? The film ends with the KKK active as ever, burning a cross on Ron's lawn.

It's a bummer.

• Locked thread