Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Stooge posted:

Just came out of it, really loved it. Liked rhe use of humour to make uncomfortable scenes even more uncomfortable. Kind of wish they hadn't made the klan look so stupid because these people should not be underestimated and people still hold these lovely backwards views, but hey, it was pretty funny too.

At the end was anyone elses cinema perfectly silent after they showed the footage of Charlottesville? I didn't breathe, or move, and I don't think anyone else in the cinema did either. Really powerful shared experience that I will remember for a while.
I saw it in of of the smaller screening rooms of my local multiplex, with a mostly white audience (not too many black people where I live), and the way you described the ending was what it was like for me as well. When it faded to black it was as if 140 people were holding their breath. and when the music came on you could hear people breathing again. Never felt anything like that in the cinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread