Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fart City posted:

Saw this again tonight with a buddy who wanted to catch it in theaters, and it plays just as strongly on a second viewing. What really struck me on the second viewing is how powerfully effective the last fifteen minutes or so are: there's this kind of dreamlike quality to Ron walking into the police station after stopping the bombing, where everyone is giving him accolades. This is followed by the comedown of the chief revealing that they're scuttling any further investigation into the KKK, and that the actual investigation itself has to be buried. . But then, you have this kind of crowd-pleasing moment with Ron ripping David Duke a new one over the phone while revealing he's black, which got a legit round of applause in the audience. Which is then followed immediately by the footage of Charlottesville, and all of the absolute horror that involves.

The movie sounds like sop for today's progressives who think they're like the black militants and civil rights campaigners of yesteryear for opposing Donald Trump or something. e: But I guess I should still see it.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread