Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phone posted:

who are the 190k people who voted for shri lmao

We

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

cyphr555 posted:

last kansas precincts just reported and it's kobach by 191 votes lol

https://ent.sos.ks.gov/kssos_ent.html

RIP Kansas. Welcome Senator Kobach

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Hey, we got an ID politics BINGO winner on the ballot in Kansas to lose to a republican.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

lose with welder bitch

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Sharice Davids, a former MMA fighter, will go to Washington and FIGHT for means-tested access to tax credits

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm pretty salty that because Abdul didn't win there will be precisely jack and poo poo done about michigan insurance rates

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

nah posted:

Sharice Davids, a former MMA fighter, will go to Washington and FIGHT for means-tested access to tax credits

you left out woman, Native American, woman of color, and lesbian.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
but thank God that Shri gently caress didn't win

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Careful Drums posted:

but thank God that Shri gently caress didn't win

was he the one who pitched himself as a fiscally responsible Bernie?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

was he the one who pitched himself as a fiscally responsible Bernie?

He abused dogs

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Updated the OP.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

so whats the summary from last nite

Shageletic posted:

Spirit bomb fails, Abdul revealed as Vegeta

Also Indivisible and other woman focused grassroots orgs cleaned up across the states, 11 point R advantage wiped out in OH, a leftist muslim woman is going to Congress.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Add this to the data set

quote:

YEAR DATE SEAT LEAN MARGIN DEM. SWING

2017 April 4 California 34th* D+69 D+87 +18

April 11 Kansas 4th R+29 R+6 +23

May 25 Montana at large R+21 R+6 +16

June 20 Georgia 6th R+9 R+4 +6

June 20 South Carolina 5th R+19 R+3 +16

Nov. 7 Utah 3rd R+35 R+32 +3

Dec. 12 Alabama Senate R+29 D+2 +31

2018 March 13 Pennsylvania 18th R+21 D+0.3 +22

April 24 Arizona 8th R+25 R+5 +20

June 30 Texas 27th* R+26 R+21 +5

Aug. 7 Ohio 12th† R+14 R+1 +13

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

this is my last post about this cursed primary, somewhat reiterating myself but...

left/progressives/whatever the gently caress you want to label them as candidates are not going to excite people with a laundry list of government programs. that is not an inspiring vision of the future, nor is it empowering. voters don't want a handout; they want to feel like the have control over their own destiny and the destiny of the communities they live in. labor movements, like the teachers strikes, are both empowering and get the goods. gently caress electoral politics--organize labor.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Here's a better list of forthcoming primaries that I ripped from WaPo

Alaska August 21
Arizona August 28
Connecticut August 14
Delaware September 6
Florida August 28
Hawaii August 11
Massachusetts September 4
Minnesota August 14
New Hampshire September 11
Rhode Island September 12
Vermont August 14
Wisconsin August 14
Wyoming August 21

Reposting this. Hawaii is next up to bat on Saturday and next week: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Vermont and South Dakota are having primaries. The Wisconsin race includes the fight for Paul Ryan's seat

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Reposting this. Hawaii is next up to bat on Saturday and next week: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Connecticut, Vermont and South Dakota are having primaries. The Wisconsin race includes the fight for Paul Ryan's seat

Kaneila Ing is probably the most exciting candidate on the national scene other than AOC. Let's see how he does in Hawaii's 1st!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So ready to be disappointed but optimistic on the 11th

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

It's happen: Ing!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

ballot shortages happened all over Michigan yesterday. The ACLU is stepping in to find out what happened. Michigan's primary was a blowout yesterday.

https://twitter.com/jenelaina/status/1027212450222039044

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol just use pen/pencil and paper ffs

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rastor posted:

It's happen: Ing!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jose posted:

lol just use pen/pencil and paper ffs

my man, have you heard of THE BLOCKCHAIN

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1027221493145632770

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

failing joementum ignores the Russian voting machines at his peril

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

That is the goomba-est head I've ever seen.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

univbee posted:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Some good news from WA

quote:

Historically, the primary vote all the Democrats receive relative to all the Republicans is a good indicator of the fall result. As the New York Times' Nate Cohn pointed out in June, the top-two primary results are about as predictive as a poll taken within the final three weeks of the campaign. The catch, though, is that Democrats tend to do slightly better in the general election than in the primary.

With that in mind, look at the results in these three districts: Washington's 3rd, Washington's 5th and Washington's 8th. Not all the votes are in, but if the picture doesn't shift too much, then Republicans could be in big trouble.

Washington 3rd: President Donald Trump won here by 7 points. CNN, the Cook Political Report and Inside Elections currently rate the 3rd, represented by Jaime Herrera Beutler, as either likely or solid Republican. That is, the belief is that she has a very good chance of winning reelection.

The cumulative Democratic percentage of the vote so far is actually outpacing the Republican percentage of the vote by a little less than a point. That suggests this race may actually be a toss-up in the fall, not one where Republicans should be heavily favored.

Washington 5th: Trump took this district by 13 points in 2016. CNN, the Cook Political Report and Inside Elections currently put the 5th, represented by Cathy McMorris Rodgers, as either lean or likely Republican. Put another way, these ratings indicate that she's thought to be a favorite, though not as heavy as one as Beutler.

The results tonight suggest that this race, like the 3rd, may also be a tossup. Republicans are running about three points ahead of the lone Democrat. If you apply the average shift from the primary to fall results (with Democrats doing better in the fall), this race is forecasted to be razor tight.

Washington 8th: Unlike the 3rd and the 5th, Trump lost here by a three-point margin. That's part of the reason why CNN, the Cook Political Report and Inside Elections all believe the 8th District, where Rep. Dave Reichert is retiring, is a toss-up.

This is the equivalent of thinking that a race is 50/50 or close to it.

The Democrats, though, are up by 3 percentage points in the primary. Given how Democrats usually improve upon the primary result in the fall, the forecast would be for them to win by around 5 points in November. That's more like a race that is closer to leans Democratic than it is a toss-up.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/08/politics/washington-state-primary-results-analysis/index.html

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

WA coincidentally also had a primary win by a progressive. Strange that the centrists are ignoring smaller races. Again.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Agean90 posted:

WA coincidentally also had a primary win by a progressive. Strange that the centrists are ignoring smaller races. Again.

They're prob gonna pay attn when the NYtimes does a piece on her and her DSA TIES

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Agean90 posted:

Tbf, no one cares about smaller races unless it's the group that's winning them. House seats don't matter too much unless it's part of a mcuh bigger trend. It'll be a big deal if it's a Senate seat or a Governnorship though, regardless of state and regardless of number.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Tbf, no one cares about smaller races unless it's the group that's winning them. House seats don't matter too much unless it's part of a mcuh bigger trend. It'll be a big deal if it's a Senate seat or a Governnorship though, regardless of state and regardless of number.

Shageletic posted:

They're prob gonna pay attn when the NYtimes does a piece on her and her DSA TIES

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1027295756666003458

e: there'll be more of these later

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Agean90 posted:

Progressives were defeated almost across the board in smaller races in Michigan :cheers:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wait this is a REAL person?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Michigan will be left to Republicans in less than 4 years. these Dems won’t last.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nonsense posted:

Michigan will be left to Republicans in less than 4 years. these Dems won’t last.

Michigan should be given away to the lakes.

gregday
May 23, 2003

univbee posted:

i completely literally thought someone had flattened the height of the image

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

ballot shortages happened all over Michigan yesterday. The ACLU is stepping in to find out what happened. Michigan's primary was a blowout yesterday.

https://twitter.com/jenelaina/status/1027212450222039044

Sorry about the power situation, bad luck to have a storm the night before an election in a city that abandoned its alleys so the Electric company cannot get in the (once) ROW to trim the trees and do maintenance. For those not local, residents literally moved their fence lines back several feet and just took it over.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

he was a character actor hired to play a person, yes

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

hes the actor that played pizza the hut in spaceballs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

LinYutang posted:

Progressives were defeated almost across the board in smaller races in Michigan :cheers:

Unfortunately for you I only cared about Michigan yesterday. Now it's just back to another dumb state I've never been to :dukedog:

• Locked thread