Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

vyst posted:

If you've seen him play this year I'm not entirely sure you can call him a QB

hey now he was a top 50 draft pick who wouldn't want that on their team, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Pleasure doing business with you Spintzel.

Williams has been money when he's not playing a team with an insane defense. Good 3rd round pick, imo.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
i can't believe our league did a trade

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
Quandary's roster is missing a flex and a kicker. And his starting QB was inactive tonight so that's a big fat 0

Not exactly how I wanted to clinch my playoff spot but OK

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
also i benched my WVU QB because im a goddamned idiot that's been out of town all week

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

I know, right?

Also JesusTheDarkLord, you're not going to win only starting 5 players. This isn't basketball.

Scionix, you've got just 6

Mr World, don't celebrate your playoff spot by going inactive now

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

How about you shut the gently caress up so I can cruise to an easy victory!!!!

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Webbeh posted:

I’ve done two trades since being in the league and both have been with yak lol

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

kayakyakr posted:

I know, right?

Also JesusTheDarkLord, you're not going to win only starting 5 players. This isn't basketball.

It's my mega-bye week and I hate doing roster stuff on my phone. I'll get it

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

The Piper posted:

Quandary's roster is missing a flex and a kicker. And his starting QB was inactive tonight so that's a big fat 0

Not exactly how I wanted to clinch my playoff spot but OK

I'm sorry guys this year has been a real struggle to keep engaged and I'm a bad person 😔

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

kayakyakr posted:

I know, right?

Oh fantrax ate my changes, nice.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spintzel posted:

I’ve done two trades since being in the league and both have been with yak lol

ha, we do have the last two executed trades in the league.

Going back to 2013 (when I joined), there have been:

2013 - 2 trades (both preseason)
2014 - 5 trades (2 preseason, 3 before week 3)
2015 - 3 trades (weeks 4, 5, and 8)
2016 - 1 trade (week 8)
2017 - 0 trades
2018 - 1 trade (week 9)

So :hfive: Spintzel, we have the latest trade and 2 of the latest 3.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
mmmm my top pick is back and i missed his consistent 40 point games

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

god i don't think anyone has had a better waiver wire pickup than me grabbing Nico Evans as a free agent because he was injured for a few weeks at the beginning of the season? (probably the lucky poo poo who got rondale moore)

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Got real lucky and last minute benched a running back that was a surprise scratch for their game tonight.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Taxes posted:

Got real lucky and last minute benched a running back that was a surprise scratch for their game tonight.

Same for my QB today

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DC Murderverse posted:

god i don't think anyone has had a better waiver wire pickup than me grabbing Nico Evans as a free agent because he was injured for a few weeks at the beginning of the season? (probably the lucky poo poo who got rondale moore)

Laviska Shenault Jr. before he got hurt, TYVM.

Also, I've got Alan Bowman cycled back around to my roster, so, that's pretty cool.

Cole McDonald is the top scoring QB and was a FA picup.

And then Michael Warren, who I am pretty miffed that I left way down my list during that waiver week.

Also pretty thrilled that someone dropped Juwan Washington instead of leaving him stashed in the IR slot. He'll make a real nice week 11 start instead of AJ Dillon vs Clemson.

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
:woop: Playoffs Clinched! I can't believe how well autodraft has worked out for me this year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I'm challenging for points title this week after putting up <100 last week :psyduck:

Weird year.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

DC Murderverse posted:

That was me but it doesn't matter because fantrax hates me

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

My random QB put up a stupid amount of points

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i think it's really dumb that one team from my division is gonna be 7-3 and not make the playoffs but that dumb Division A is gonna send someone who is batting .500 because everyone in it lost today

but i guess as long as it's not me i'm not too annoyed

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Last week of the regular season.

In Division A, I clinched with a loss, while we have 3 tied at 4-5 with a chance at the playoffs. Scionix has an almost 200 point lead over 3rd place, so he clinches with a win. A loss would mean it's anyone's game.

In Division AA, there are still 3 teams with a shot at the top playoff. A real toss-up. And yes, the records are all high when compared with the rest of the league, but that's how this poo poo goes.

In Division AAA, there are still 4 teams with a shot. Taxes is on the outside looking in, needing a win and losses from 2 of the 3 teams in front of him.

Everything's sewn up in Division AAAA, with Mr World clinching last week and HOTLANTA MAN clinching this week.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Looking at stats, I have the lowest points against (by about 40 points), which would certainly help balance out my decent points for, as far as record goes. Our top two points for guys are both 4-5, but they're #4 and #1 in points against respectively.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

This is college. Why the hell are we doing division standings for playoffs instead of overall rankings? We need a overtly complicated computer algorithm deciding who goes.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

jabro posted:

This is college. Why the hell are we doing division standings for playoffs instead of overall rankings? We need a overtly complicated computer algorithm deciding who goes.

Because it's a 20 team league and divisions makes it feel more like the arbitrary college sport that it is? :)

Overall rankings make it much less arbitrary and there would be a smaller pool of folks with realistic chances of making the playoffs. Right now, there would be 4 people with a shot at 3 playoff spots with a win, and 6 hoping for a long-shot chance. So realistically, 4 people heavily involved, and a long-shot chance for 6 more. Compared with divisions, the playoff involves 3 from division A + 1 long shot, 3 from AA, 3 from AAA + 1 long shot. 5 more people heavily involved with 2 long-shot chances.*

Though, if we wanted to, we certainly could create a moon poll that takes into account overall record, points for, points against, and placement in your division to determine 8 playoff spots.

Next season, though.

*long shot meaning needing 2 or more losses along with a win

kayakyakr fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 29, 2018

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
gently caress all y'all I'm the Cinderella story USA USA USA USA

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Having a QB with 92 points and still losing is loving lame and I'm a big babby

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

jabro posted:

SPEAK UP IN PRESEASON NEXT YEAR AND WE'LL DO THE drat THING

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Just thinking about stuff for next season.

Another league I do has 2 games per week, which I think may work better if we still want to do divisions and have them actually matter. It also makes it so theres less fluky scoring junk. We can set it up so that we play 10-12 games against non-division teams, and also play each division team twice. Each week would be a matchup against a division opponent and a non-division (random) opponent for the 10-week season before playoffs, and then advance the top 2 seeds from each division like we normally do.

Since there are only 5 teams per division, leaving 2 open weeks, we could either:
1) Increase the league to 24 and have 6 teams per division, so we can play each division team twice without missing a week against a division opponent (maybe add more conferences to the player pool to balance this out?)
2) Keep a 20-team league. Have 2 bye weeks per team where the team only plays a non-division opponent that week (not my favorite, more matchups are better)
3) Keep a 20-team league. Just substitute in two weeks where the team plays two non-division opponents

Plus more matchups are fun. College fantasy football is short. This idea move the needle for anybody?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

The Three Ways I Get Into The Playoffs After Today, Ranked:

3. Win today. This isn't happening because apparently everyone on my opponent's team got together and agreed to have career days.
2. University of Phoenix loses. This only happens if D'Eriq King has a bad day, which i feel is pretty unlikely
1. Herbert for Heisman loses, and I outscore him by 85 points. I can't believe this is the most likely of the three to happen but Trever Lawrence had a slow day, as did the Wisconsin D, so i have hope.

i can't believe i'm 7-2 and this is happening to me

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
^^ Meanwhile, I'm still hopeful that I'll break 100 today. In the playoffs, no regrets

Taxes posted:

Just thinking about stuff for next season.

Another league I do has 2 games per week, which I think may work better if we still want to do divisions and have them actually matter. It also makes it so theres less fluky scoring junk. We can set it up so that we play 10-12 games against non-division teams, and also play each division team twice. Each week would be a matchup against a division opponent and a non-division (random) opponent for the 10-week season before playoffs, and then advance the top 2 seeds from each division like we normally do.

Since there are only 5 teams per division, leaving 2 open weeks, we could either:
1) Increase the league to 24 and have 6 teams per division, so we can play each division team twice without missing a week against a division opponent (maybe add more conferences to the player pool to balance this out?)
2) Keep a 20-team league. Have 2 bye weeks per team where the team only plays a non-division opponent that week (not my favorite, more matchups are better)
3) Keep a 20-team league. Just substitute in two weeks where the team plays two non-division opponents

Plus more matchups are fun. College fantasy football is short. This idea move the needle for anybody?

They have fantrax doing that? I like 1 and 3.

24 team league would be only doable if we get rid of 1 or 2 bench spots.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

DC Murderverse posted:

3. Win today. This isn't happening because apparently everyone on my opponent's team got together and agreed to have career days.
2. University of Phoenix loses. This only happens if D'Eriq King has a bad day, which i feel is pretty unlikely
1. Herbert for Heisman loses, and I outscore him by 85 points. I can't believe this is the most likely of the three to happen but Trever Lawrence had a slow day, as did the Wisconsin D, so i have hope.

Yeah, I dunno man, I think there's a solid chance you just beat me.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

^^ Meanwhile, I'm still hopeful that I'll break 100 today. In the playoffs, no regrets

They have fantrax doing that? I like 1 and 3.

24 team league would be only doable if we get rid of 1 or 2 bench spots.

Add more conferences. :colbert:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Ninja Bob posted:

Yeah, I dunno man, I think there's a solid chance you just beat me.

god bless Nick Fitzgerald i guess.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Of all teams for my star qb to play bad against CAL WTF

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

DC Murderverse posted:

lol i was a whiney little pissant i'm gonna be the 1 seed suck it all up y'all

sorry to whichever of the teams in my division doesn't make the playoffs by just a few points

edit: which means i get to face off against the highest scoring team in the league in the first round never mind god is dead my life is over

edit 2 because this is really hilarious to me: if i had started Cole McDonald instead of Nick Fitzgerald this week i would not be in the playoffs at all and now I am number 1. 50 points was the difference between the top and being out

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 4, 2018

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Did I make the playoffs somehow?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Taxes posted:

Did I make the playoffs somehow?

sure looks like it, you're welcome. and ironically University of Phoenix getting their 7th win is 50% of why you, a 5 win team, got in, but they will be out

so count your blessings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

so if i'm reading this right:

PLAYOFFS:

1. 500k Per Win v 8. Local Man Ruins Everything
2. Herbert for Heisman v. 7. Phyllis from Mulga
3. Age is Just a Number v. 6. Legalize Dog Marriage
4. Mike Sherman's Alouettes v. 5. The Glory, Glory Hole

The highest scoring teams that didn't make it in were University of Phoenix (5th overall) and Steak Sandwich Supreme (7th overall).
The lowest scoring teams in the playoffs are Legalize Dog Marriage (15th overall) and Glory, Glory Hole (12th overall)

The highest scoring team was Phyllis from Mulga with nearly 100 points more than 2nd place. The next 7 are worth looking at because holy poo poo:

2 500k Per Win: The Kirk Ferentz Story - 2402.25
3 Local Man Ruins Everything - 2400
4 Herbert for Heisman - 2399.75
5 University of Phoenix - 2396.75
6 Age is just a number - 2390.5
7 Steak Sandwich Supreme - 2383.75
8 Fat Shirtless State Guys - 2372.25

that means 2.5 points was the difference between me and Herbert for Heisman winning the top seed, and it doesn't affect anything but 3rd and 4th were off by .25

• Locked thread