Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I HAD THE MOST POINTS IN THE LEAGUE AND AM A SEVENTH SEED ALL YALL SUCK MUH DICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Scionix posted:

I HAD THE MOST POINTS IN THE LEAGUE AND AM A SEVENTH SEED ALL YALL SUCK MUH DICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE LET YOU BACK IN.

I'll set up first round playoff matchups today.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Do we want to do playoffs by overall seeds or in-division matchups for round 1? I can't recall how we've done it in the past... and whether we want to change that to be overall given how ~questionable~ divisions were this year.

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I'd prefer to avoid Scionix in the first round so inter-division matchups would be greatttttt

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.

Webbeh posted:

Do we want to do playoffs by overall seeds or in-division matchups for round 1? I can't recall how we've done it in the past... and whether we want to change that to be overall given how ~questionable~ divisions were this year.

I think we have done it by overall seed in the past but I may be wrong.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

^^ Meanwhile, I'm still hopeful that I'll break 100 today. In the playoffs, no regrets

They have fantrax doing that? I like 1 and 3.

24 team league would be only doable if we get rid of 1 or 2 bench spots.

Wouldn't be mad about ditching bench spots for increasing the size of the league by 4. I personally really like the idea of playing 1 division team and 1 non-division team each week to make the divisions actually matter.

Options:
1. Add extra conferences
2. Straight up just drop a bench spot
3. Drop two bench spots, but also drop the TE position (make it a 3rd WR position, or a WT position where you can play a TE or WR but no RB, or something)
4. Just add 4 teams and suck it up to have an extremely deep league (not my favorite)

We could also get really crazy and add a few keeper spots, but that may be getting too involved. Something like adding 3 bench spots and then picking 3 keepers for each team after the season. Worth discussing, although that would complicate stuff for Webbeh and I'm sure he is a busy guy.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Webbeh posted:

gently caress you we did it by overall seed last year

edit: i want you to know that i love you and i mean this sarcastically but also if you switch this up on me and make me play the second place team in the first round i will hate you forever until our last dying days

edit 2: top seed picks their opponent, then 2nd picks from the remaining, then 3rd picks from the last few and the final two go against each other this is perfect lets do it

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Nov 5, 2018

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

The Piper posted:

I'd prefer to avoid Scionix in the first round so inter-division matchups would be greatttttt

He scared pawwl

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
In fairness why would someone not want to avoid scionix

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

It is a travesty I am not in the playoffs. Everyone who made it in with a worse record than me may your team planes fall out of the sky.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DC Murderverse posted:

so if i'm reading this right:

PLAYOFFS:

1. 500k Per Win v 8. Local Man Ruins Everything
2. Herbert for Heisman v. 7. Phyllis from Mulga
3. Age is Just a Number v. 6. Legalize Dog Marriage
4. Mike Sherman's Alouettes v. 5. The Glory, Glory Hole

The highest scoring teams that didn't make it in were University of Phoenix (5th overall) and Steak Sandwich Supreme (7th overall).
The lowest scoring teams in the playoffs are Legalize Dog Marriage (15th overall) and Glory, Glory Hole (12th overall)

The highest scoring team was Phyllis from Mulga with nearly 100 points more than 2nd place. The next 7 are worth looking at because holy poo poo:

2 500k Per Win: The Kirk Ferentz Story - 2402.25
3 Local Man Ruins Everything - 2400
4 Herbert for Heisman - 2399.75
5 University of Phoenix - 2396.75
6 Age is just a number - 2390.5
7 Steak Sandwich Supreme - 2383.75
8 Fat Shirtless State Guys - 2372.25

that means 2.5 points was the difference between me and Herbert for Heisman winning the top seed, and it doesn't affect anything but 3rd and 4th were off by .25

Wow. If I had started literally any of my other RB's than Lamical Perine (including the one that was on IR who made a surprise early return), I would have been top seed.

And a way we've done it in the past has been division winners get 1-4, division losers are ranked based on record and score. So the way I've got it,

1. 500k/win vs Local Man Ruins Everything.
4. The Glory, Glory Hole vs Herbert for Heisman
3. Mike Sherman's Alouettes vs Legalize Dog Marriage
2. Age is just a number vs Phyllis from Mulga

So... I much prefer your setup where I get to play not Scionix, though my 2nd round matchup is better.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Whys everyone tryna duck me

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

And a way we've done it in the past has been division winners get 1-4, division losers are ranked based on record and score. So the way I've got it,

OH OH ITS MAGIC

I'm applying this momentarily.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Oh, and our "Bummer Bowl" would be 2 teams from division AAAA: ESOPHAGEALSPASMSAND HALFHEARTEDAPOLOGIES and BOOMER SOONER Y'ALL who both finished with just 2 wins on the year.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

Oh, and our "Bummer Bowl" would be 2 teams from division AAAA: ESOPHAGEALSPASMSAND HALFHEARTEDAPOLOGIES and BOOMER SOONER Y'ALL who both finished with just 2 wins on the year.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I had to pick up a third quarterback this week. Why is this? Well because my two current quarterbacks(two of the top scoring quarterbacks of the year, even if McDonald isn't playing like he was at the beginning of the season) have a bye and a game against Alabama respectively.

Fun fact: the average score of a team at the quarterback position (not just the starter, as 4 of Bama's 9 opponents brought out backups at some point during their games) against Alabama is 27.4 points. The highest scoring QB was from Arkansas of all places. Nick Saban is a dark lord.

Meanwhile, Illinois, the team that my temporary starting quarterback, Adrian Martinez, is playing has only allowed less than 37 points once (Rutgers is real bad y'all), and opposing QBs average 47 points. their sole saving grace is that 70 is as high a score as they've allowed (from Kent State, of all places).

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DC Murderverse posted:

Meanwhile, Illinois, the team that my temporary starting quarterback, Adrian Martinez, is playing has only allowed less than 37 points once (Rutgers is real bad y'all), and opposing QBs average 47 points. their sole saving grace is that 70 is as high a score as they've allowed (from Kent State, of all places).

I started the year with Adrian Martinez.

I am starting Sam Ehlinger, who is playing against my own team of choice in a game that I will be attending live. I figure I'm hedging happiness. If he goes down or sucks it up, then it's a good sign that my team won the game. If he goes off and scores a bunch, well, at least my fantasy team stands a good chance vs Kyler Murray.

Really hoping my team is back to full strength this week. Getting Laviska Shenault Jr back from turf toe would be fantastic. I've had turf toe, myself... it sucks and takes ages to get right. My toe still can't bend certain ways, and it happened two years ago.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'll take 24 points from my kicker...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i think it's kinda funny that both me and my opponent are staring Tulane RBs.

Also 75 points from Martinez means I made the right call. (unless someone replaces Alabama with a high school football team this afternoon)

edit: a fun fact I just learned is that this system doesn't have any points built in for teams allowing negative yards on defense so if, for instance, your team's opponent has -6 yards of offense but 7 points from a punt return, it looks like your defense is not getting you any points!

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 10, 2018

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Well, hedging for happiness worked. Team lost, but gonna beat scionix.

I like this year's team.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
God damnit ten point loss because my rando SJSU wideout couldnt do poo poo.

Fuckin hell

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm going to stumble into another championship, aren't I?

RIGGED BITCHES

also lol I left 100 points on my bench last week

Webbeh fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 12, 2018

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

quote:

becomes

quote:

1. 500k/win vs The Glory, Glory Hole
2. Mike Sherman's Alouettes vs Age is just a number

Also congrats quandry, you are the worst of this year's league. Pat yourself on your dumb little back.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Top seeds all won. That's a first?

Looking forward to putting the first-timer in his place this week ;)

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Oh well, kept the playoff streak going which was all I could really hope for after starting 1-4.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
This league is rigged

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

fun mirrors between me and my opponent this week:

We are both starting Iowa Tight Ends (which sounds crazy until you consider that the higher-scoring of the pair is ostensibly the back-up and not the probable first Tight End selected in the NFL draft this year because Iowa has two of the top 5 TEs in the country)
Between us we have 5 players total from the state of Utah (I have Utah's now-starting RB and Utah State's defense, he has Utah's top receiver and Utah State's starting RB and kicker)
Will Grier brought me to my championship game last year before he broke himself, and now I have to defeat him in order to reach the championship game this year

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

DC Murderverse posted:

fun mirrors between me and my opponent this week:

We are both starting Iowa Tight Ends (which sounds crazy until you consider that the higher-scoring of the pair is ostensibly the back-up and not the probable first Tight End selected in the NFL draft this year because Iowa has two of the top 5 TEs in the country)
Between us we have 5 players total from the state of Utah (I have Utah's now-starting RB and Utah State's defense, he has Utah's top receiver and Utah State's starting RB and kicker)
Will Grier brought me to my championship game last year before he broke himself, and now I have to defeat him in order to reach the championship game this year

This is so loving weird, but I LOVEIT

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Mr world and my game is going to be an interesting finish. OU RB against Kansas plus a TE vs SDSU's RB and my QB of the week vs UConn. Game should end up in the 300's for both of us.

Hoping my QB has a 6TD game too...

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
well here I am asking for a game delay swap - is it reasonable to allow me to swap in my backup TE for the Stanford TE that'll miss this week?

quote:

Due to the fires, the Stanford-Cal game will not be played on Nov 17. This means if you have any of those players in your starting (Active) lineup for Nov 17, those players will receive zero points.

lol who am i kidding it wont matter i got spanked this week

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

well here I am asking for a game delay swap - is it reasonable to allow me to swap in my backup TE for the Stanford TE that'll miss this week?

I say make the swap.

Also, the gently caress happened to trey sermon?

So much for Mr World and my game being competitive.

I made my first championship! Makes this lovely season better! A bit...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Webbeh posted:

lol Cole McDonald is making sure this game looks like a respectable loss for you.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

DC Murderverse posted:

lol Cole McDonald is making sure this game looks like a respectable loss for you.

But just enough to cover any game rescheduling bias I could have had.

GOOD GAME AND GOOD LUCK IN THE FINALS, BRAH

I'll get the rosters up and the write-up finalized later today

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .
Welp, I had a good run. Not bad for a mostly autodrafted team. And to think I was actually thinking of benching Dwayne Haskins :laugh:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mr. World posted:

Welp, I had a good run. Not bad for a mostly autodrafted team. And to think I was actually thinking of benching Dwayne Haskins :laugh:

i offered to trade Nick Fitzgerald a couple weeks ago and now I've dropped Cole McDonald because he got benched. thank god for not making bad decisions.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

DC Murderverse posted:

i offered to trade Nick Fitzgerald a couple weeks ago and now I've dropped Cole McDonald because he got benched. thank god for not making bad decisions.

I mean, I traded away a RB who went 50's in each of the following games for a guy who just gave me 5 points and I question if I can start him against Baylor, of all teams...

So, I've made plenty...

Let's see if my QB decisions will work out in my favor. I'm not sure that it will.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Final matchup is set - DCM versus yak.

Both of you send me your mailing address ( webbeh@gmail.com or DM ), btw.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Webbeh posted:

K.

Not giving yourself a 3rd/4th matchup?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

kayakyakr posted:

K.

Not giving yourself a 3rd/4th matchup?

I honestly didn't think of it. I can set up a consolation bracket for that one as well.

Mike Sherman's Alouettes, you in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Webbeh posted:

done

• Locked thread