Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Discendo Vox posted:

I saw a post about "auto admit" and horrible incel racism at the very end of the last thread, and now I'm intrigued.

What's up with that?

That's pretty opimistic, Mr. Manafort.

Go to xoxohth.com - spend the day reading what's going on there and report back. It will be fun.

Like the other poster noted, it's a shadow of it's former self and dying forum of elder millennials (sound familiar?) and is now just basically Stormfront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Thanks for effort posts, OP getting updated.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Here is a success story from this very thread.

Truly the gift that keeps on giving. Love you, Toona!

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Discendo Vox posted:

I saw a post about "auto admit" and horrible incel racism at the very end of the last thread, and now I'm intrigued.

What's up with that?

SA for law school, with its own FYAD?
Something that would have been pertinent at the end of iteration #2 or the beginning of iteration #3 of this thread?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

😭friendshipppp

Watch the sisterhood of the traveling pants with meeee!!!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I would if I could.

Anway, I noticed that this thread is still missing both a gangtag and a discord. Just to mention.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
this interface can't be real. These posts...

Oh,

I get it,

I died in that car crash, didn't I

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest
For the record, the sisterhood of the traveling pants really sucked.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

never stop posting

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

quote:

Kalman – another weirdo who likes long, inscrutable discussions with WJ about 101s, SPEs, and whatever else patent “lawyers” talk about

Can't really argue with that. (I'd add "Used to talk about it for biglaw, now in house/govrel." though.)

A good OP.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Hey Phil that's a really good OP.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Toona the Cat posted:

For the record, the sisterhood of the traveling pants really sucked.

Probably not the only thing that involved sucking that night heyoo

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Nice piece of fish posted:

Probably not the only thing that involved sucking that night heyoo

The other thing was my jokes

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

BigHead posted:

Hey Phil that's a really good OP.

Right back at you too. 😊

Gleri
Mar 10, 2009
You can add me to the OP if you want. I do read the thread and occasionally post. I’m a Crown Prosecutor in Canada, which just means I’m a prosecutor. I’m happy to talk to anyone about criminal law practice in Canada broadly and prosecutions specifically. I can’t talk about any big law things but my partner is a defence lawyer so I have a good overall sense of both sides of criminal practice.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Sounds like the makings of a zany Canadian sitcom.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If anyone listed in the OP would like to be removed, PM me.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Phil Moscowitz posted:

If anyone listed in the OP would like to be removed, PM me.

i insist my name be corrected

also im biglaw not midlaw

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

evilweasel posted:

i insist my name be corrected

also im biglaw not midlaw

no

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Read the OP and decided law school isn't right for me. Thanks, Phil!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
If it matters the OP is correct. I'm NYC big law, god help me. So tired.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Aug 8, 2018

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:wtc: is going on, we’re doing effortposting again?

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

yronic heroism posted:

:wtc: is going on, we’re doing effortposting again?

Just until we realize the relationship is dead and it is back to telling partners about our personal goals.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Hello new thread.

I am a gov lawyer working in the Canadian Arctic. My day to day practice involves walruses, caribou, and polar bears. I once had to write an opinion about who owns the remains of an iceman found buried in permafrost.

My advice to all newly called lawyers: go wherever you need to to get a good job, even if that place doesn't get sunlight for half the year.

E: my daily summer schedule made it into the OP :3:

Tipps fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 8, 2018

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Um excuse me I believe the correct plural form of walrus is walri

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Tipps posted:

. I once had to write an opinion about who owns the remains of an iceman found buried in permafrost.

Well who owned him?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Look Sir Droids posted:

Well who owned him?

Any surviving family gets first dibs. Otherwise, he/it becomes the custody of the government as a historical artifact!

(like a lot of my files, I never got news about how it ended up. I assume, since I haven't heard about the government's acquisition of a new iceman, that someone claimed him)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Tipps posted:

Hello new thread.

I am a gov lawyer working in the Canadian Arctic. My day to day practice involves walruses, caribou, and polar bears. I once had to write an opinion about who owns the remains of an iceman found buried in permafrost.

My advice to all newly called lawyers: go wherever you need to to get a good job, even if that place doesn't get sunlight for half the year.

E: my daily summer schedule made it into the OP :3:

Are you the guy who just got his license suspended on suspicion of bigamy?

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Gleri posted:

You can add me to the OP if you want. I do read the thread and occasionally post. I’m a Crown Prosecutor in Canada, which just means I’m a prosecutor. I’m happy to talk to anyone about criminal law practice in Canada broadly and prosecutions specifically. I can’t talk about any big law things but my partner is a defence lawyer so I have a good overall sense of both sides of criminal practice.

Crown buddies

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

FrozenVent posted:

Are you the guy who just got his license suspended on suspicion of bigamy?

:hmbol: No, but he is a well-known ambulance chaser who causes us nothing but grief by taking on literally any case that walks through his doors and losing fantastically every time.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Well is your sealskin jacket spiffier than his?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
I don't own any seal skin products because I am whiter than the snow that surrounds me and I don't want to be appropriative.

Also fun fact about that lawyer: he boasts on his website about having been a professor at Thomas M Cooley School of Law.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I heard his evidence class was pretty good. Unless we're talking about different arctic lawyers who are going down on allegations of forging and submitting court dox to marry more than one woman

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Tipps posted:

Also fun fact about that lawyer: he boasts on his website about having been a professor at Thomas M Cooley School of Law.

Surely this falls under some anti-dumping provision of NAFTA.

Also, oh hey new thread, great OP, and page 3 is infested with Canadians so here's one more: I'm a recovering cyberlaw panda that actually lucked out and works as agency counsel at a federal regulator/admin tribunal (and have thus learned to hate pretty much the exact person I used to be).

After most of a decade since graduating, I owe only slightly more money to the government for student loans than the government owes me for somehow having been incapable of paying its employees accurately for the past four years. By "going to law school" standards this is probably a win (don't go).

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

I think we’re getting ahead of ourselves on his intend, he just wanted to save his ex the trouble of having to sign her divorce papers.

He also writes a column for Nunatsiaq News. Or at least he did.

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
My boss vouched for his evidence class at Osgoode as well, but this was a while ago.

It seems like he really started to slip as time went by. No one quite knows why - but saucy details will inevitably come out in the disciplinary hearings.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I just realised who you're talking about and that is loving amazing.

(it would be even more amazing if he still followed me on Twitter but alas, he deleted his account recently, probably for this exact reason)

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

That is some genuinely useful information in the op, good job Phil.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
So Phil effort posted to make a really good new thread. Made sure that the old thread would definitely be closed and archived.

Because he's going to try to become a judge?

That's my guess. Judgeship.

Phil let me be your law clerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

SV posted:

I will never let this thread die and Linguica will never come back to close it

checkmate old man

A fitting end.