Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

blarzgh posted:

We have something similar. Each State is broken down into Counties. Each county has a "Clerk" who's official job is to keep all vital records, birth certificates, death certificates, marriage records, etc. and also Land Records. So there is an office of "Deed Records" in every county thats maintained and managed by the "County Clerk." Maintained just means they keep the records in order (mostly electronic these days.) Any asswipe can go in and file anything they want as long as they pay the filing fee.
There is no administrative review of what gets filed. Therefore, any disputes have to go to regular Court to get resolved - there is no in-house staff or administrative process.

In PA at least the Recorder of Deeds reviews all filing and can throw them out for not being correct

Same with the register of wills and Prothonotary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Perfect sex life *

* for the relevant period of time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Well I mean you get a 3.0 or whatever just for showing up and paying tuition, so.

In law school ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My LS was a strict curve set at median 3.1 I think iirc (it should have been 3.0 but floated up).

I remember being ok with a B- and really happy with a B+

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“Screwed up and in the bottom 40%”

Lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I haven’t thought about my grades and years and years .

Feels good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My only goal was to be over a 3.1 and I made that

Top half !! Top half !! Woooo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There should be a colon after “you need to calm down” not a hyphen

That is poor work.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Tokelau All Star posted:

Law school is dumb

In some ways but I thought overall it was incredibly effective and one of the best experiences of my life. Just being around people who all (mostly) care about the law and the world and are smart is very cool.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I joined the Federalist Society :)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

i tried to join the lawyers guild but everyone was so ugly !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah I was only 100k

Thank god for the federal public interest forgiveness program (lmao rip)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sullat posted:

only six and a half more years to go!

:toot:

I think I’m at 7.

Which coincides with being vested in my pension so it all works out

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

nm posted:

Yeah. I remember sitting in an airport in Australia, trying to ignore this woman talking about how they have too many immigrants. She ended saying I should move there because there are always jobs for people like me (white).

Was this woman Donald Trump ?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

First thing I did with my current office is face the desk to the door . It’s huge

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My god why would you have tv news on

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Staff generally respect lawyers I guess

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I try not to think of prestige but I’ll strenuously assert I have more prestige then some capitalist warehouse man.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My canned answer is “I do law stuff for the commonwealth”

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The exorcist is one of the best movies ever made it’s literally perfect

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have no idea. What added scenes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Biglaw Litigation isn’t all of law.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Someone still has to make the binders.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whitlam posted:

I actually met with an agent on Monday, because she emailed me to ask if I wanted to come to her office and discuss a property I looked at two months ago. She was 40 minutes late, and when she got there, she told me the seller hadn't budged on price and there were no developments.

I was pretty pissed off so I said to her if the vendor would come down to $640k, maaaaybe I would consider it but I don't even know if I'd get approved for that loan (probably not), and I'd have to talk to my mortgage broker first but she's overseas for a month, and I still think that's too high a price so probably wouldn't be interested even for that amount. Yesterday she emailed me go say the vendor had accepted my offer of $640k :downs:.

Lamo owned

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Real estate agents are so bad. So bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao if you are only getting 25% off at kohl’s

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You should get at least 50% off at the rack and then another 30% off the top plus you get kohl’s cash.

This doesn’t work for things like Levi’s or Nike but will for office wear like dockers and arrow shirts etc

If you have to wear nice clothes to work I guess you aren’t going to kohl’s. I don’t have to wear nice clothes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Assistant PDs and DAs have been successfully organizing in PA.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toona the Cat posted:

Successful in organizing, but considering there is a no-strike/no-slowdown clause in the CBA, it’s absolutely toothless. Starting pay still is comically bad.

Every cba has a no strike clause

You strike when there is no cba

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sullat posted:

Federal unions can't strike because it's illegal, i'm sure most state employee unions have that as well.

It’s totally legal to strike in pa except for cops firefighters are some sheriffs (who get interest arb which is better than striking)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s all good I won’t cross threads

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I can go inactive for $175/year, but I have to make that election before the 15th of this month. That means I’m done practicing sooner than just letting it go delinquent.

As far as CLEs go I have a few more years before I’m behind on anything.

I think the inactive option might be best, but it means I cannot try the case I’ve got a hearing on this Friday.

Did you look into getting malpractice tail coverage if you are stopping . poo poo is expensive

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In pa the court pays you for appointments which is nice.

PD conflict contract is worth 60k a year or was a few years ago.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I enjoy sending emails to lawyers in August.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just read an entire brief where the cases cited support 100% the opposite the conclusions suggest.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Aren’t lsat scores normalized

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just had a lawyer use a She Her Hers pronoun guide in her email footer

Neat

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Law is really complicated don’t feel bad

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Am I so bad at law?

No, it is the judges who are wrong !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Here's my spicy take: the conservative leaders in government (who actually had the means to stop him from killing himself) have intentionally promoted the idea on conservative websites that the Clintons had something to do with it so they can "both sides" this.

Trump is so loving senile and dumb he may actually just believe the clintons did it

Nevertheless it has the effect you mention