Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Some folks on the CGL Discord are guessing that's the case, but mine is closer to 1/4 so that's clearly not it.

My bet is that 2 day air shipping got picked somewhere by mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Yeah I just got the box at 80 bucks and they're stacking on 56 bucks of VAT and shipping. Which is... excessive. Let's see if it is adressed.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 30, 2024

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

lilljonas posted:

Yeah I just got the box at 80 bucks and they're stacking on 56 bucks of VAT and shipping. Which is... excessive. Let's see if it is adressed.

VAT ends up being insane. extra frustrating is having to pay VAT on the cost of the shipping

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Saint Celestine posted:

Heres my entire Clan Sea Fox Spina Khanate. Some 200 mechs.

https://unitcolorcompendium.com/2019/04/05/spina-khanate/

Awesome!

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Saint Celestine posted:

I missed this earlier. Now how many points would an AS game be if you played 'em all?

I remember some good times playing clix with my friends where we got up to a battalion v cluster or thereabouts. Hope I can recreate that in AS.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Talked with a dude on mastodon whose shipping is $600, which is more than his goddamn pledge.

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
$342 on $1017. I'm going to wait for the adjusted numbers before I offer to fly out there with an empty suitcase.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Contingency posted:

$342 on $1017. I'm going to wait for the adjusted numbers before I offer to fly out there with an empty suitcase.

:stonk:

i've got 154 on 300, the 154 is about 50/50 VAT and shipping.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

ilmucche posted:

Lol friggen' same, brother. :smith::respek::smith:

It was a fun game though! I really enjoyed it
Yeah, same. Which is extra annoying because I want to get more robot fights in and keep just not doing that.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Crazy Joe Wilson posted:

I missed this earlier. Now how many points would an AS game be if you played 'em all?

I remember some good times playing clix with my friends where we got up to a battalion v cluster or thereabouts. Hope I can recreate that in AS.

Oh geez. I have no idea. Averaging out to roughly 50 points I suppose to account for some lights being less and some assaults being more, its probably ~10,000 points worth in Alpha strike.

Highest I've ever played was about 3 stars worth, at 800 points. That took about 4 hours.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

5-digit points seems about right. The level of destruction that would result when shooting started would whittle that down fast, though :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jesus, my shipping is only $29.98, did I get lucky???

LeschNyhan
Sep 2, 2006

Where do I find the shipping cost info? It's not jumping at me from the kickstarter page. Maybe I'm just an idiot though.

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
It's listed on your backerkit link to confirm address etc.

Mine came up to ~$270 lol

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Jesus, my shipping is only $29.98, did I get lucky???

Mine is about the same. My friend (whose house I’m actually shipping it to) is sitting at like $130 though :psyduck:

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
$75 on a $150 pledge, to Canada.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

Lazyhound posted:

$75 on a $150 pledge, to Canada.

Canadian here too and I got slapped with $60 shipping on a $120 pledge, USD of course. It sure as poo poo isn't taxes either, what the actual gently caress.

Fearless fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 31, 2024

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Fearless posted:

Canadian here too and I got slapped with $60 shipping on a $120 pledge, USD of course. It sure as poo poo isn't taxes either, what the actual gently caress.

Don't forget DHL will own you for extra money on the back end 🙃

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Expanded the skull lance out to skull company. Most of the 12 mechs have something usable in both star league and comstar/wob/republic, including like eight mechs that can go into a C3I l2, so it's nice being able to make a bunch of things that will match.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I thankfully only got hit with $30USD for shipping on an $80 pledge; which was a relief considering I'm in Australia, but still a bit much for so little.

There's no way it would cost that much if it was being shipped from a local distribution hub like they claimed, either. That and the fact it was in a round USD amount suggests to me that the company they're using is just quoting the price for sending them all out of a single international distribution point, which is not what Catalyst promised.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

NinjaDebugger posted:

Expanded the skull lance out to skull company. Most of the 12 mechs have something usable in both star league and comstar/wob/republic, including like eight mechs that can go into a C3I l2, so it's nice being able to make a bunch of things that will match.

These look rad btw

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
I guess I'm unclear on if we should be paying these amounts now or waiting for another announcement from Catalyst.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I would wait since their last update indicates they're looking into it.

Sure not giving people much incentive to front them money vs. wait for retail if they can't unfuck it.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Saint Celestine posted:

that's loving gorgeous

also now i no longer have to wonder what livery i'd want to use if i ever bought minis

(i've only ever used little cardboard tokens, plz no shame i)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Endman posted:

These look rad btw

Thanks. I get all my best paint schemes from anime, like the lance I did of Gundam SEED protags.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

$111 on $275 - to Washington state. This stuff should be inbound from China, right? Christ.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

Atlas Hugged posted:

I guess I'm unclear on if we should be paying these amounts now or waiting for another announcement from Catalyst.

Shipping doesn't get charged til April 12th, so there's some time for CGL to investigate and fix stuff. I expect the shipping prices will drop.

Crooow!
Dec 7, 2005

Abortions for some, tiny American flags for others!
I got $47.91 to Louisiana, $2.04 of which is state shipping which i didn't even know was a thing. So not as bad as I was fearing but it is the most I ever ever been charged for shipping.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
$150.00 Pledge Level $150.00
Pledge Level Upgrades $8.00
Add-ons $144.00
Shipping Total $37.23
Tax $30.20
Tax Shipping $3.72

This is to Australia...I may have gone overboard with the add-ons.

I hope the graphic novel PDF I don't remember ordering is the story of a Clan trying and dismally failing to destroy the Urbanmech-LAN factory. CGL missed a big upmark by not including it in the kickstarter.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I wonder if they'll just throw a bunch of digital freebies at everyone to try and make them feel better about the shipping.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Owlbear Camus posted:

I would wait since their last update indicates they're looking into it.

Sure not giving people much incentive to front them money vs. wait for retail if they can't unfuck it.

Yeah, it sounds like there is a tiny possibility that the shipping amount will be lower. But between this, and their gently caress up with the kickstarter stuff showing up at Barnes and Noble months in advance, has hurt Catalysts credibility.

At the very least, that shipping better be loving overnight lol.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

So I have myself the 3025 "game of armored combat" box set, and my (probably only) opponent loved the clan mechs from the video games. I know about the disparity in clan tech, but grabbed the Alpha strike box and the Clan Heavy Battle Star box because he fully loves the Cauldron Born. It seems like our best bet is to do the Clan Invasion era, with him running Smoke Jaguar. The tech disparity seems like it could lead to a really wide disparity in potency based on whichever scenarios we're playing. Do you have any suggestions for how we should approach building things for fun games in this era?

(Waffling between Alpha strike and classic, but probably the former for speed of play if it's good? I've only played classic before)

Signal fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 1, 2024

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Signal posted:

a really wide disparity in pregnancy

I'm sorry what

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

loving phone posting >.<. I meant potency. Fixed.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Alpha Strike is going to be more balanced out of the box, but largely because it sands down a lot of what makes individual mechs and technologies unique into a handful of universal special rules.

However, the most important thing to remember is that Battletech is not WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get). The easiest approach to balance is to remember that Classic has a functional points system and that the Master Unit List has lots of filters for things like era.

In short, even using mechs based on the chassis of the mechs in A Game of Armored Combat doesn't lock you into using those particular variants. You can always take an Atlas from later than 3025 using tech that better stands up to the Clans.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Wars of Reaving, something I missed until now.

quote:

The Bloodcount is the number of active Bloodrights associated with a Bloodname, and thus the number of individuals who may use that Bloodname. Traditionally, this is twenty-five, but in the case of inferior Bloodnames the count may be as few as five. The process for reducing a Bloodcount is known as Reaving, and the process for increasing it is called Propogatino

Ah, Clan stuff. Will you ever not be cringe

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I've finally had time to check mine and it's at $231.06 for almost five hundo worth of crap. Most of that is VAT, which they promised we wouldn't get hit by, but also they may have been hit by an EU law change about. Guess I should consider shipping it directly to myself and skip the EU.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mechs getting pregnant is a new rule.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Isn't that when you have your Omnimech dump off a unit of Elementals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

They need to do way instain mechwarrior