Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

FrostyPox posted:

Guys I almost lived the dream tonight, brought a 005 King Crab and hit with 38 out of 40 pellets with the LB-Xs

It was beautiful

Does anyone house-rule LB-X clusters? From my perspective the utility of the Giant Mech Shotguns was always limited by the fact that I would have to roll an unreasonable amount of dice on any successful hit, and I am very, very lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
Same. I would be treating it like a full-healing item in an RPG. I'm imagining shouting "BUT WHAT IF I NEEED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" as I'm getting hurled skyward by my own ejector seat.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So I got all those Humble Bundle books, and I'm making my way through the Founding of the Clans trilogy because you have to start somewhere and it's not going to be these fourteen unread BLP books that I've been sitting on since the last bundle. I gotta say, I'm enjoying it quite a bit, but nothing makes it more clear that these weren't the copies of the books that made it to print(at least, I hope not) than the weird little errors I keep coming across. Dates change, moving back and forth years in the interlude chapters, and I guess Randall had the invasion era on the brain because he keeps slipping between Franklin and Lincoln Osis even in the same passage, sometimes in the same paragraph. There's also a bunch of little vignettes of the various clans fighting, which is cool, except everyone who swears gets exactly one swear, and they just add more inflection on it by the third or fourth time they say it. None of it's major, but it just reminds me that there's got to be a more polished version of these out there somewhere.

Still better than finding a straight up homophobic slur in Hearts of Chaos, but it would be nice if these e-books could get another editing pass.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

Tequila Bob posted:

Thanks for the warning! Which slur is it? (Feel free to censor, like if it's "spoon" you can just say "s****" or something.) I'll edit it out of my own copy just to save myself the unpleasant surprise.

You might also recognize it as a term for a bundle of sticks, or a cigarette in some regions.

I did bring that to CGL's attention via John Helfers himself(their Editor in Chief), so it might actually be fixed on the new bundle. I'll admit I haven't checked, but I got the book from the 2023 bundle, so it was definitely there then.