Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Hustlin Floh posted:

Why isn't there a multi-post history of Battle Magic, the premier Inner Sphere mercenary unit until their betrayal and destruction at first Harlech? You call this a Battletech thread?

False, the premier mercenary unit is of course, McCarron's Armored Cavalry. :colbert:

Also I don't know if I agree with the OP's description of ComStar as Scientologists when 1: they are 100% cribbing off the Catholic Church because Blake or Toyama was probably a big fan of the Foundation series and 2: Scientologists or "Scientos" are alive and well all the way to the year 3150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Good joke about Ilclan guys, I can't believe they're still saying that exists.

Capellan Confederation for IlClan

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

SirFozzie posted:

So, in vidya game news, they announced the first DLC for the Battletech computer game, including multi mission chains (called Flashpoints) and a new mech (the Hachetman)

Now if we can just convince Paradox to buy the pen and paper rights. :)

It worked out magnificently for WoD

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Atlas Hugged posted:

I think he means the rights to make an adaptation of the pen-and-paper game so that there'd be a Battletech game that played like Crusader Kings.

I'd be down. I got into the setting because I like giant robots, but I stayed into it because I also like dysfunctional feudal backstabbing.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

SirFozzie posted:

Yes.. the chaos reach was the basis of the republic of the sphere.

The Chaos March, yeah. Though, there were also a bunch of worlds from the Federated Suns, Lyran Commonwealth, and Draconis Combine that were never part of the Chaos March and were generously donated to the nascent Republic, mostly because the planets in question were formerly occupied by the Word of Blake, badly damaged during occupation and subsequent liberation, and they really weren't interested in paying the cost of reconstruction. The Capellans and the splintered Free Worlds League also had their words "volunteered" to the Republic even though neither of them wanted that and were more than happy to rebuild their own crap, thank you very much.

All of this caused considerable problems when the Blackout happened, the FWL and Capellans were still angry about worlds taken by a state they didn't consider legitimate, and even the former backers of the Republic saw how nice and shiny their former territories were looking again after about eighty years of painful reconstruction, and decided now was a good time to walk back on a few treaties.

SirFozzie posted:

Clan diamond shark moved to the inner sphere and changed their name back to sea fox. They're now part of the clan protectorate.. nomunally they are house Marik but they trade with everyone.

Best Clan.