Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mulva posted:

It's hard to believe I'm close to finally seeing the community bitch about the developers sucking off their clear favorite, Clan <blank> by making them the big daddy and ruining the setting forever. I almost thought this day would never come.

Was there any Usenet complaining when Smoke Jaguar got smashed? I can't wait for the talk of betrayal to the fanbase that comes up when they actually start doing something with the setting/metaplot again.

I picked up the Wasp and Valkyrie at Gencon. I'm thinking of painting the Wasp up in Genyosha colors and the Valkyrie in Davion Guards colors. Anyone have any interesting recommendation for paint schemes since I probably won't play with them too much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SirFozzie posted:

Catalyst announced that the Beginner Box and the game of armored combat should be out next week (the 23rd). Also announced a bunch of new 35th anniversary BTech gear, including Hoodies (If they make one goon-sized, I am DEFINITELY getting it).

https://www.catalystgamelabs.com/2019/01/16/preview-celebrate-milestone-anniversaries-for-battletech-and-shadowrun/

I'm definitely going to be picking these up when they come out because I'm pretty sure they'll be out of print for a bit. I imagine a second printing will be just as delayed too. I know people love to bitch about Catalyst Game Labs but I really can't argue with a lot of criticism now. I'm not even that torn up about these sets being delayed but it seems like they miss every opportunity to bump themselves and Battletech up.

On a Battletech unrelated note, they're just trolling Shadowrun fans now. A lore book and a supplement for Anarchy, which I thought was DOA. Happy 30th!

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nystral posted:

Does BT still have LAMs?

I remember that they were caught up in some kind of rights struggle but this was 96 or last I paid attention to it.

Yes but they're rare and a mixed bag. The last time they came up was during the Word of Blake Jihad and there was an Iron Wind Metals kickstarter for the WoB ones. Players will swear up and down they're broken but they aren't, it's mostly hearsay based on testimony they heard before.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PhotoKirk posted:

I think Loren Coleman is into cryptozoology from one day when I was bored and reading up on Bigfoot.

That's a different Loren Coleman. The cryptozoologist usually comes up first in Internet searches.

RocknRollaAyatollah fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Aug 1, 2022