Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Pussy Cartel posted:

It looks like there might be more plastic minis on the way from Catalyst:

Looking like a Longbow, Marauder, Warhammer, Archer, and what I think is a Phoenix Hawk or possibly a Valkyrie (but the Valkyrie doesn't have a right hand).

Where do I get that mat they are on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

play by post mercenaries with people coming and going?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Game isn't dead yet (ohgod I'm one of them)

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I went with scorpions and burrocks

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I kind of wish there was a way to mod mekhq/megamek with PTN's universe changes as I like them a lot.

The worst part of reading his thread is when you aren't playing you get serious envy of other people's scenarios, but then eventually your own one is hell awesome. :D

After some trouble i got my pledge thing sorted at Star Colonel, but I wouldn't mind a battlemap pack. Has anyone seen the maps/know any good ones to get as the 5 pack?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

if playing with megamek make sure to turn off double enemy vehicles otherwise enjoy roleplaying the Mackie test in the Hegemony in the 2400's

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I can't paint but my housemate enters competitions so I let him paint each one differently and he can practice/do what he likes with each.

it works for a merc company, I imagine each mechwarrior paints their's differently.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I bought nearly every model you can buy in the clan invasion kickstarter.

It is really hard to get this stuff in aus. my primary source before it was I bought like 1000 bucks off some guy in nsw.

Started a merc game in megamek with a full company in 3067 last night. 2 contracts in and it's going well!

Is there any indication if they are going to advance the timeline and do the skip with "ilkhan" or something? or is shattered fortress and back to the clan invasion the future for the next five years?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

food court bailiff posted:

Is there any good record sheet builder and/or record sheet app out there?

I copied PTN's from his LP in a google doc.

I don't think there is a record sheet app because at some point they sold you the record sheets, either in a pdf or actual paper.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

I don't mind DHS's as the game is faster.

I don't think any one thing "ruined" Battletech, though I would say CGL overall gave it a real good shot!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

If your mech isn't 20% heatsinks can it really be heat efficient? :thunk:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

food court bailiff posted:

What uh...are clans?

PTN got you covered mate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NrxjnEWIuk

tl;dr when the star league collapses its military left for the frontier. There they spent 200 years getting very angry, and after getting to peak anger, they invaded the inner sphere from 3049-3052 when they got blown up by Space AT&T (Comstar)

Tex does a good run down on how it went and why the Clans lost, despite being the best trained warriors, and a 200 year head start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QffouI6OA00

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

RIP Youtube Annotations

some of us still remember....

I got some minis on ebay that were painted in Word of Lowtax colours and they are kicking rad

Horsebanger fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 13, 2019

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Ironwind is the most functional geocities site I've seen.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

What the heck is Crowdox and does that mean I can still get in if I missed it earlier?

its their pledge manager, and maybe! I think they allow 'late' backing. I was able to jumbo expand my backing.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

is Tukayyid an earth like planet? In my head I always throught of it like a rural world with very little industry making it perfect for a Trial world.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Then again, I'm probably the only person on the entire internet whose favorite era is 3145, because it finally seems like the line developers are having fun with the setting again. :allears:

:same:

TBH i first enjoyed it because it seemed like with superheavies and drone mechs someone was trying to innovate the concept of a mech for the first time in 600 years...
That and republics rule monarchies drool.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

The whole setting makes very little sense if you let it get away from "its an excuse for robots to fight"

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

is there any indication when they are shipping to AUS?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

From the last KS update:

cheers.

I look forward to getting a thousand bucks of battletech stuff to never play with as all my friends have moved on.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

My Stuff has arrived at the office, I'll be seeing it on Wednesday :D

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Got my kickstarter stuff today. all in all about a grand worth of stuff. I quite like it!

It is going to look good on my cupboard before being inevitably sold in 3-4 years as I have no one else who plays anymore :(

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

finally getting IlKlan?

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

SirFozzie posted:

We're still Clan. Kinda.. they're the ilClan. They won. We do what they say, it's in the rules

This sums up the clans though.

I'm glad my beloved Goliath Scorpions have hosed off to spain and are having siestas and learning salsa dancing as we speak.

In general I'm liking the 3152+ ilClan setting. Its feeling like the setting has direction again for the first time in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

(Naturally it only took Defiance Industries about twenty)

You are a five star manufacturer after all!