Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey now, you can't just leave out the major Periphery states, the Canopians and Taurians deserve love, too.

Pussy Cartel fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Aug 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also, the Free Worlds League is arguably the most "liberal" of the great houses, at least going by the government modifiers on page 129 of Campaign Operations. The Cappies and Dracs, of course, are the exact opposite. So they've at least got that going for them, in addition to their constant civil wars and squabbling.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Philthy posted:

Got to play Alpha Strike at GenCon and my buddy wiped me off the map. But the rules were slick as hell. We were told it was meant for 50-100 minis per side, and that makes sense and sounds like real fun times. Then we saw the minis ran $15 a pop, even in the "sets". I suppose there has to be a medium point based buy system or something so you're not looking at a $750-1500 investment off the bat.

The plastic lance packs from Catalyst go for a lot cheaper. I've seen them for 10-15 bucks each, with four minis inside. If I remember correctly they were specifically made with Alpha Strike in mind.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also, some of the stuff in this post https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383329#post387169431 and the ones before it would be great for filling out the OP. Especially the Great House descriptions and summaries, though some of the other faction summaries contain non-canon stuff.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Personally I'd also say the Word of Blake is Battletech's answer to the Brotherhood of Nod, complete with having their own shadowy, mysterious messiah in the form of the Master, and a love of bionics and transhuman tech.

Also everyone knows the best mercenary unit is the 21st Centauri Lancers, come on, people.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It looks like there might be more plastic minis on the way from Catalyst:

Looking like a Longbow, Marauder, Warhammer, Archer, and what I think is a Phoenix Hawk or possibly a Valkyrie (but the Valkyrie doesn't have a right hand).

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gun Jam posted:

Griffin and a Wasp, maybe?

Yeah, the Griffin isn't new, it was in the new Beginner Box. The mech at the front could be a Wasp, though.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

SirFozzie posted:

Also, you may want to check out: http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/robomechs.html

$15 for 1 mech is expensive, but it may fill in some needs for you (I just wish some of them didn't need assembly). And you have to do a little figuring out of what name they're referencing)

Warhansa is extremely good and their MWO-derived sculpts are filling in for Newseen mechs that haven't yet gotten official sculpts based on Scroggins's art.

Horsebanger posted:

Where do I get that mat they are on?

From what I heard, those were given to the folks that volunteered during a past con.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of upcoming products, I only just noticed that ilClan is no longer listed, and there's no mention of the sequel to Shattered Fortress there either, despite mention at Gen Con last year that we could expect part two in 2019. I hope this doesn't mean we'll be waiting another decade or so to wrap up the Dark Age.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't Solaris Skunk Werks officially dropped a while ago? I thought everyone had moved on to MegaMekLab.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well we still don't have the House Arano sourcebook, but we do have some other Battletech news:

https://bg.battletech.com/news/battletech-clan-invasion-kickstarter-coming-july-17/

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the Clan Invasion kickstarter is live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/battletech-clan-invasion

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I know Scroggins has been working on new art for a lot of classic mechs, and he's been showing off 3D models of a bunch of them, too, so it's not like they need to scramble for concept art for a shitload of mechs (yet).

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Please give me a new Black Knight.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Wolfhound is Steiner/Davion as all hell, and I can't think about the Panther or Jenner without thinking about Kurita. I love the Wolfhound, but if I was making a bunch of general IS packs I sure as hell wouldn't include it.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Anyone know who's the artist who did the token art for the BattleTech 4th Edition box? They were great redesigns of the 3025 mechs but never were adopted or reused anywhere else, far as I can tell.

I'm not totally sure, but I think it was Chris Moeller. http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:Works_by_Chris_Moeller

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know if the old mech duel rules from the Solaris VII box set were ever reprinted or revised for the latest Battletech edition?

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There's also Warhansa for minis based on the MWO redesigns.

http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/warlike_tribes.html for Clan mechs.

http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/terra_promessa.html for Inner Sphere mechs.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The beta for the new edition of Mechwarrior just dropped for backers, and it...actually looks good, amazingly enough.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mr.Trifecta posted:

I have no clue what to get for my Star Colonel pledge. Looking for a relatively even mix of Clan and IS. Any suggestions pack wise? Also isn't getting IS packs better bang for your buck wise as you get the free salvage box(clan mech) if chosen as a non-add on?

The real bang for your buck would be the ComStar level IIs, which get you six mechs each.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Speaking as one of the testers for A Time of War, I'd definitely suggest either tracking down a copy of MechWarrior 2nd edition or, better yet, waiting to get your hands on MechWarrior: Destiny. MW:D really works well with the boardgame I find, and is a lot easier to convert between than AToW.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The new Sentinel's looking a whole hell of a lot better than the old one.

Pussy Cartel fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 13, 2020

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I remember a distinct amount of antipathy on the part of some devs toward both warships and augmentations, and both got axed to varying degrees by the Jihad.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DrPop posted:

Before I grab a copy of MW: Destiny from Drive Thru RPG, can anyone remind me if it was included in the Kickstarter? There's so much stuff and I tried to parse my emails but failed miserably.

MW: Destiny is included in the Kickstarter if you specifically bought a digital or physical copy as part of the Kickstarter campaign. I did, but they haven't sent me a digital key yet.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
What about naming actual Deep Periphery polities "the Hanseatic League," "Nueva Castile," and "the Umayyad Caliphate"?

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Who knew the Mongoose could actually look pretty good?

Phi230 posted:

Interstellar Operations to turn battletech into a 4x

I've always had a soft spot for Inner Sphere in Flames / Inner Sphere at War.

Pussy Cartel fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 4, 2020

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think the new Vapor Eagle is the first time I haven't liked one of the revamped mech designs.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I just happen to prefer the MWO version of the Vapor Eagle, is all.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Smoke Jaguar becoming the ilClan is the twist I've been hoping would happen ever since I read Forever Faithful. And I think it's fitting that the ilClan of 3250 is apparently still afraid of the Wolverines. At least, I'm pretty sure there was a blurb in either First Succession War or Second Succession War hinting at the Wolverines somehow being a threat in 3250.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I remember it being something along the lines of Catalyst only having the right to sell boxed sets/games (among other things), while IWM gets to sell minis, period.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Only Slightly Bent posted:

Apparently when they reopen the pledge manager on the 15th, there's going to be eight new rewards you can add to ship with wave 2.

Did they hint / say what those would be somewhere? Seems kind of late to be more plastics, so I'm guessing it's other stuff.

I'm pretty sure they'll be throwing in the new metal dice pucks that they've released this year, and probably also the military academy t-shirts. Maybe the Battletech facemasks?

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If they add a Blackjack School of Conflict shirt, then they'd better add a Princefield Military Academy one, too.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Defiance Industries posted:

I thought the Marik equivalent of Blackjack was the Hero Training Institute?

Definitely, but I still want a Princefield shirt to go with my Nagelring one.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm just glad they're reopening the pledge manager at all, there's a ton more stuff I want after seeing the renders.

I was hoping they'd open it back up, because I really need a couple of those map tubes for the battlemats I picked up at Gen Con last year. Haven't been able to find anything similar on Amazon that can fit them.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Don't forget Campaign Ops, which was a grab-bag of a book that was put together after the original draft for Interstellar Ops proved too long to make for a single volume. Covers things like (mercenary/house/clan) unit creation, and things like solar system creation and colony creation.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Finally got my wave 1 shipment and god these models are just too drat beautiful. Really glad I made sure to get two Phoenix Hawks!

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My blind boxes netted me an Executioner A, Gargoyle Prime, Viper Prime, UrbanMech, two Mist Lynx Primes, and Morgan Kell's Archer.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone else missing something from their wave 1 shipment?

Pussy Cartel fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Nov 7, 2020

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't really care about the Warhammer variants and I've never been a fan of the Mist Lynx, but the War Crow is a beautiful machine.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So far it looks like our only hints are the openings to the Succession War, Clan Invasion, and Jihad TROs, and a few sidebars in First Succession War and Second Succession War.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
From the latest Kickstarter update:

Wave 1 Fulfillment Status

QML (US/CA) : 100% complete/mailed

GamesQuest (UK/EU) : 100% complete/mailed

Aetherwerks (Aus): 80% complete. Expects to be 100% by end of November. (For those asking why they started and fulfilled other projects during the BattleTech schedule: The company works in teams. The BT team has been working since the project opened, but it is a big project. Meanwhile other teams have started and finished smaller projects along the way.)

Asia: Our hub expects to be done "packaging" by the end of November. That means all of Hong Kong and China will be in the mail, and material will be going out to the subordinate hubs by that time. Japan and Korea expect to have all items mailed by mid December. Singapore by the end of December. No explanation as to why Singapore is taking that much longer, but that is what we know at this time.

I'd try emailing the guys handling the shipping for wherever you live (Quartermaster Logistics if you're in the US or Canada.)