Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Kickstarter campaign at first glance does look great. Going to wait though until all backers get their stuff and I can just buy these mechs normally through an online store. Extremely weary of Kickstarter because no product has to actually be delivered and more often then not never is or is terrible quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish IronWind website wasn't made and last updated in 2000.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strobe posted:

Pledge manager closes at the end of January, delivery of wave 1 stuff was announced for delivery late March/April when the kickstarter launched and hasn't changed that I'm aware of. Wave 2 stuff was announced for late this year.

Kinda dumb that the various items aren't listed on the CrowdOx page but here are the relevant "what's in each pack" images from the kickstarter:

For this Kickstarter, if I want to make sure I get 1 of each Mech, which pledge would I want to purchase?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strobe posted:

Galaxy Commander gets you 18 out of 19(/20 with Legendary MechWarrior pack), and will also get you the new box set and a shitload of swag plus about 10 extra blindbox Clan Mechs.

Ala carte ($1 tier and add-ons) you're looking at ~$492 for exactly one of every mech pack plus the Urbanmech and the box set Mechs without the rest of the box.

I'm going to wait and buy the rest afterwards :P I decided to go with the Bloodnamed pledge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strobe posted:

This is what I picked also. Seemed like the best balance of actually getting stuff and not being buried alive by swag.

I am excited about getting the pin, and patch, but the t-shirt I can do without. I just want the mechs. 25 mechs is a nice number, excited the most to paint those. Will have to read the books at some point that were included with the order too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got a new paintbrush today too, ready to paint my first Battletech figures. :toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Painted my first figures. I just wanted to go for very simple color schemes, but do something different for each model. I like how each one turned out, except for maybe the orange one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Those look good!

Thank you! I am looking forward to painting the new mechs coming out in March. In the mean time I want to learn how to actually play Battletech. Just need to find the time to go through the 50 page manual that was included with these figures.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

there's no exact date for when pre-orders ship right? Just sometime in March?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

that hill! :swoon:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there an app for keeping track of your mechs damage? Or website that can help make it easier?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Defiance Industries posted:

What part are you having trouble with? Since nothing ever goes away, I just cross poo poo out with a pen or whatever.

Ooh, I just didn't want to keep printing out record sheets. Endman actually has a fantastic idea.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was a late pledge through CrowdOx, is there still a way to see all of the backer updates from Catalyst Games on their Kickstarter page? Logged into both Kickstarter, and CrowdOx, and I still can't see all of the updates, it says I need to be a backer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrPop posted:

Given that coronavirus will likely be delaying the release of the boxed set until IRL 3049, I've just gotten some extremely good MWO 3D prints recommended to me by Stanyer89:

Here's the shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HesperusIIMinis

Honestly some of the best 3D-printed mechs I've ever seen. Scaled very well with the current minis. Really good poses too.

Ooh my! These are awesome. I need to figure out how to get a refund for my Kickstarter order and spend it all on these.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrPop posted:

Why would you do that

Cause Catalyst has totally dropped the ball on their Kickstarter?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I got my fan made 3d printed models today. What size hexagon bases do I need to get for these figures? They didn't come with bases.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Where did you get your terrain and building pieces? They fit perfectly in the Battletech universe.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My two most recent additions to my growing Battletech collection. Was trying to do a skeleton look with the first one. I think I mostly pulled it off and am happy overall with how it turned out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I want to use mechs that are not covered in Catalysts new rulebook, what rulebook / record sheets should I be using instead?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PoptartsNinja posted:

My current collection is kinda a riotous mix of colors and I love it.

:swoon:

All of my mechs are random colors. I only have 16 though, but want to continue to add to my collection.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cutest little tanks :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Got my “Game of Armored Combat” box set today. How hard would it be to introduce the game to people that have never done any tabletop stuff ever with just that set? Going to be bringing it to a slow ambulance shift and my medic partner said he’d be down for a game but he’s never played so much as a game of D and D in the 80’s.

If you understand the rules then that helps a massive amount. I have been trying to figure this out for 6 months on my own and I don't know that I know how to play correctly. Having someone who can explain it would help a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DrPop posted:

Do you have MegaMek?

Yes, but I haven't really had a chance to go through it and figure it out.

Lackloss posted:

Yeah, I'm certain many of us on the thread would be willing to run you through them

Would like this a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there anything new yet on the Phase 1 kickstarter sets ever actually shipping?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I want suggestions, I am looking to add 4 more mechs to my collection. hoping someone can help me make sure I am having a well rounded collection of mechs. here is what I have so far:

Annihilator
Awesome
BattleMaster
Catapult
Commando
Dragon Flame
Linebacker
Locust
Mad Cat MKII
Marauder
Nova Cat
Shadow Hawk
Thunderbolt
Timberwolf (Mad Cat)
Viking
Wolverine

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Carbolic posted:

That lineup is pretty heavy so from a gameplay perspective I might add a couple of lights/mediums. If you wanted a scout/skirmish lance right now all you've got is the Locust and Commando. Classic mobile units like a Phoenix Hawk, Spider, Ostscout or Jenner would help round out a scout lance.

You've got four Clan 'Mechs so I would suggest at least one more to make a Star of five.

From a "faction flavour" perspective, looking at your Clan selection, you have one Clan Wolf-only 'Mech (Linebacker), one Nova Cat-only 'Mech (you can guess which), a general-service-but-favoured-by-the-Wolves 'Mech (Timber Wolf) and a sold-by-the-Diamond-Sharks 'Mech (Mad Cat Mk. II). According to Sarna a bunch of Mad Cat Mk. IIs were bought by Clan Nova Cat, so you have the makings of a Nova Cat or a Wolf Star if you want to expand on it.

If you get just one Clan 'Mech, how about a Stormcrow - Wolves and Nova Cats both use it, although it's not their favourite. If you wanted to add a couple more 'Mechs to make a faction-specific Star, consider a Shadow Cat and Nobori-Nin/Huntsman for the Nova Cats; an Ice Ferret, Phantom or Pouncer for the Wolves; and an Adder, Warhawk, or Gargoyle which work for either Clan.

Only a few of your Inner Sphere units are faction-specific (Annihilator = Wolf's Dragoons; Viking = Comstar/Free Rasalhague; Commando = House Steiner) so you can pretty much throw some of those units together and call them a unit of whatever faction you like.

I have no idea which of my recommendations are currently in stock, mind you...

Thank you very much! I am able to get your recommendations. I ordered the Phoenix Hawk, Jenner, Shadow Cat, and Spider.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any online stores (etsy, ebay, other places) selling custom Battletech maps?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This came in the mail today :toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was wondering if anyone else is familiar with this site https://sheets.flechs.net/ it lets you generate record sheets for all possible mechs in the game, and will help you automate a lot of the game, and keep track of damage, heat, weapons, etc. It seems incredibly helpful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still trying to work my way through understanding the basic rules, and something I am confused about is what is the advantage of the lighter mechs? What prevents them from just getting completely steamrolled over by a huge mech with like 12 guns?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BULBASAUR posted:

Yep, it sure is!

First heavy coat of primer. Dreading having to sand it again, but I might have no choice

Lore question, how many mechs can fit in these giant balls?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It is extremely tempting to buy that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is Tactical Operations: Advance Units & Equipment a newer version of the TechManual book? Or is it okay to buy both?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

If this Atlas is rockin', don't come a-knockin'.

Catalyst Game Labs likes my photo on social media too. :3: I hope they know I am still waiting for 3 more Battletech rulebooks from them!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ooh yeah I should totally share the rest of my collection so far:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Taintrunner posted:

Apparently wave 1 will be delivered at the end of September. Lmao. gently caress. If I didn’t already buy like 100+ bootleg mechs I would be screwed.

This is what I have been doing. The pandemic completely hosed over their production.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

This is just embracing Battletech, honestly. If you want to actually play this game and keep your sanity just use Megamek

Are there good tutorials for how to use / play Megamek? I have been trying to use this and wrap my brain around it, but it feels massively overwhelming and complicated just to do very basic stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SirFozzie posted:

Looks like the Wave 1 star/lance packs have hit amazon, with a supposed release date of 7/31 (doubt it)

I didn't think these were support to hit retail until next year. Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

These new models are great, but they wont be available until the year these mechs become available in the lore. :v: