Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Dawncloack posted:

Plants with their roots in the air are how aeroponics are done...?

Did I maybe not mention that? I am trying to find the easiest makeshift solution, and when I image search I see tons of big nice assemblies and no indication as to the point of contact between plant and structure, which is what I am trying to figure out.

As I said, please, I know I dont know so in every post I explain my mental image.

"Place them on the shelves", but HOW. Do I make the plants just lay there? Maybe that's the case, then describe it!

My man, dont just come here with a one liner. I do not have context to understand what you mean. Describe your mental image in detail. So far you haven't helped me any with your one liners.

Thanks (earnestly) in advance.

Easiest makeshift solution is to get / make some plant pots. And get some compost or soil. Put them together and there is a place for the plants to live.

Aeroponics is the complicated gimmick which is causing you trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?
An episode of the UK tv show grand designs featured a (near) 100% passively heated / cooled house, using the climate battery concept plus being mostly buried under tons of earth like a hobbit house (and insulation).
Episode is called: Bletchley 2021

It seemed to work, and helpfully they’d run underfloor heating pipes so they can supplement in the future.

Worth a look, though it’s one of the more UK specific and eccentric episodes - and our climate is a hell of a lot less extreme than what you’re dealing with in the US.

It’s on channel4.com in the UK, can be found online via other means though for USians, or use a vpn.