Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
It's safe to assume that pretty much all of us rushed to theaters across America so we could be the first ones to enjoy the rollercoaster ride of sheer terror that is the Slenderman movie. What were some of your favorite parts of the movie? Here's a few of mine, just off the top of my head:

* When the teenage girl was using the haunted laptop she bought from the undead gypsy, and a popup window labeled "LOADING SLENDERMAN DOT EXE" appeared and she screamed "help, I can't log off from this horror!"

* When the mom was trying to cook ravioli and Slenderman appeared behind her and she got so scared that she nearly dropped a spoon (fortunately she was able to hold on to it)

* When the mom actually did drop the spoon

* The car chase scene between rival dog gangs

* When Slenderman appeared for the job interview at Arby's and the manager said they weren't hiring, even though there was clearly a sign on the window that said "NOW HIRING"

* When the teenage girl fought Slenderman, in Virtual Reality, in 3D, in VRML

* The erotic sex scene where Slenderman hosed an inflatable pool dolphin

* The training / workout / wedding montage at the mall

* The credits, which were all in Comic Sans for some reason

* The short teaser at the end of the credits where Slenderman climbed out of his grave, pulled off his mask, and revealed he was none other than famous Hollywood director Ron Howard

Great film by the way, I loved it, already seen it 40 times today, I wholeheartedly recommend it to anybody, particularly people who I utterly despise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
I thought the twenty minute long scene where the protagonists wandered around in the dark whilst drinking milk was a bit much.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the paint dots following my mouse cursor, op

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

When the slutty cheerleader girl said to the chaste virgin "Slenderman? I need to find me a Tinder man, baby!"

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

I loved the climactic scene where the protagonist yells at Slenderman, "That's it, Slenderman! I am going to gently caress. YOUR. FACE!"

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
When those 2 girls tried to stab that other girl to death and couldn't even get that done properly

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Well, Rich, I thought the whole picture was a nonstop thrill ride, bringing the thrills, chills, and Hollywood blockbuster spills that made the internet legend so beloved in all of our hearts. Long-time fans and newcomers alike will be blown away when they see ol' "Sawtooth" Slender brought to glorious life on the big screen! I promise popcorn will be spilled when they get to the scene where a person is alone, only for John Slendhammer to suddenly be standing a medium distance away! But my personal favorite was the after-credits scene, where they finally hint at the arrival of the long-rumored Slender Lady. I give it two "tentacles" up!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The 14 jump scare scenes where it turns out Slenderman is just a cat might seem excessive, but they are setting up the next film in the Slenderverse, slenderkitten.

The kitten won't be an actual cat though, it will be Scar-Jo.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I really liked the step aerobics program, very progressive segment to see in a men's workout video.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
The fight scene between him and his nemesis, portlyman

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Universe Master posted:

The 14 jump scare scenes where it turns out Slenderman is just a cat might seem excessive, but they are setting up the next film in the Slenderverse, slenderkitten.

The kitten won't be an actual cat though, it will be Scar-Jo.

ugh hollywood skin washing a solid role for a ghost, or a skeleton, YET AGAIN

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the chad vs virgin meme scene

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i liked the backstory where slenderman is in the gym trying to get some gains but gets bullied by the mean girls

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

The scene where the girl thinks she is being haunted by Slenderman and sees a skinny nerd and says out loud, "H-h-he's just too tall and thin, j-j-ust too slender! I'M SCARED!" Then it zooms in on the nerd and hes sad.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I like the bmw driving scene

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

The two hour drama of Joel Slendermein trying to take care of his wife dying of cancer is sure to be an Oscar contender come next year.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not seeing it :mrgw:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I saw it in 3d and the part where slendy appears to lean through the screen and screams "SUCK MY DICK YOU gently caress MAN"
as a kind of homage really hit me

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
The reveal that the Slenderman is actually a sympathetic character cursed by gypsy to kill his are famil

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I didn't really understand the need for the chariot racing scene, but man was it cinematic

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm boycotting the movie. America doesn't need another film series revolving around a white male.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
anyone else notice the framed Johnny 5 Aces pic in the protags living room? nice lil easter egg there

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

how much did the OP of the slenderman thread make off this movie?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the part where the nerdy kid almost hacks slenderman to death but then slenderman swats him and he gets shot was tense

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
They won't show it in Wisconsin because it hits too close to home. Seriously.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The twist where slender man was actually a fat man was insane. I didn’t see it coming at all!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

They won't show it in Wisconsin because it hits too close to home. Seriously.

Um, excuse me, only PARTS of Wisconsin

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
PewdiePie's cameo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i liked the part where i went to the bathroom and missed some of it OP

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
When Slenderman had difficulty finding clothes and had to go to the big & tall shop.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I enjoyed the montage where the Slender Man tried on different suits

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

gleebster posted:

When Slenderman had difficulty finding clothes and had to go to the big & tall shop.

I think that was a nod to Terminator. Sure he didn't have to beat up a biker to get his clothes but it did give them a reason to open the movie with some sweet man rear end

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

The pools closed scene

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
The Mexican standoff between Slenderman, the corrupt governer, and the bandito was really something else.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

OutOfPrint posted:

The Mexican standoff between Slenderman, the corrupt governer, and the bandito was really something else.

Hey just because it involved a bandito doesn't make it a Mexican standoff :colbert:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
when the slenderman production studio screwed lowtax out of his much deserved royalties, AGAIN

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I like when slender man shoots his webs and fights doctor octopu

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
The hotdog eating contest featuring a cgi robert z'dar seemed out of place but I enjoyed it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I liked the inspirational montage where theb fat slenderman finally hits rock bottom and decides to pursue his dreams, gets skinny by doing CrossFit on children's playgrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I'm a big fan of Godzilla so the part where he showed up and all the slendermans from across the world linked arms to form a giant slenderman to fight him.

• Locked thread