Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I don't quite understand fist fighting. I just get lucky and my button mashing sometimes knocks the guy out. Blocking works only half the time, I don't know why I only do it half the time I hold the block button. And I don't get grappling at all. I attempt to grapple and usually just get tossed away. I can't throw anybody when grappling does stick. What am I missing here?

About keeping carcasses and hides - some hides you sell to the tanner to unlock clothes and equipment, but some hides you sell to the cook at camp. Do I need to manually go over who wants which kind of perfect hide, or is there some pattern to it?

Game is pretty cool otherwise. I didn't think I would enjoy an old west game a whole lot, but I'm really digging it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

skipmyseashells posted:

I had this happen to me the other way around, you gotta e-mail the support and show them your receipt

I've been having the same problem with social club saying I'm not entitled to RDR2, not letting me play the game. Rockstar support has been giving me completely boilerplate responses like "restart your computer," "verify file integrity," and "upload your dxdiag."

I've never had a game I bought from Steam tell me I'm not entitled to playing it before.

Node fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 3, 2023

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I can't catch this legendary sockeye salmon. On the controller, my thumb gets too loving sore reeling it in. When the fish fights, it makes much more progress getting away than I do reeling it in. I tried using my mouse and keyboard, but the controls aren't making any sense. It says to hold down space and tap R, which doesn't seem to make Arthur reel it in any faster, which means the fish gets so far that it breaks the line. This is all on top of the fact that if the fish gets near the small rock jutting out above surface, it always breaks the line, and if the fish fights too near the ice, it also breaks the line. I didn't have a problem with the gar or the sturgeon. What am I supposed to do here?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I'm on sharpshooter 8, which requires you to disarm 3 people without reloading. I can't seem to disarm anybody. I shoot them in the hand, the gun, the arm, and they don't drop their weapon. I've tried using pistols, repeaters, and the varmit rifle. Whats the trick here? I have no problem disarming people in duels, but doing it in a normal gunfight just is not working for me.

Is there a better place to find cougars than near the westernmost trapper? A lot of people say that you need to dispose of corpses in the area you hunt so that cougars can spawn, but I don't know if that is bullshit or not.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I started this loving challenge a week ago and I haven't seen a single god drat opossum since. I saw them all the time before.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Ending: "I gave you all I had." Yeah, that hurt to hear. I did not expect such a good story when getting into this game. drat.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
So does Bill feed his horse super steroids or something? That thing is buff as hell.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

rotinaj posted:

You need to use the howdy button more

And be nice to your horse more

No matter how often I feed my horse, the guy at the stables would always give me poo poo for either not letting it feed, or telling me it has worms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
All of the printed letters, catalogs, and articles were such a cool attention to detail.