Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO IS BEST CAT
Bartender
Pianist
Cellist
Singer
View Results

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I expected these to rise a lot more. Maybe I should have gone for longer than 25 minutes. Or maybe I should have hunted harder for those Rhodes rolls. Still delicious, though. After getting them on a plate I was able to drizzle the rest of the glaze on top. Thank clip art prog rock god for nonstick coating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
somehow each set of buns looks better than the last

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
hell yes, love how different all these rolls look

added to the op

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
It shouldn't have surprised me to see there's a Space Station 13 map out there.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

The Bold Kobold posted:

It shouldn't have surprised me to see there's a Space Station 13 map out there.

That had me in loving stitches, considering I coded/admined for goonstation for a while. Still technically am one, I've just been on a long break.

And it melts my heart every time I see y'all make the buns, even though I'm a bit bewildered at how different they're all coming out! It might be the size pan that matters or something, the ones we've made are very much fused together in a rectangle you can pull apart. So long as they taste good though, that's what matters.

As for the Rhodes comment, :shrug: I've never particularly tested alternatives, they very well may be inferior to other options for other uses.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Obviously you need to leverage the fandom attracted by your new indie game stardom to discover the Ultimate Sticky Bun Recipe, assembled as if by some forbidden science from the parts of disparate lesser recipes.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Daeren posted:

As for the Rhodes comment, :shrug: I've never particularly tested alternatives, they very well may be inferior to other options for other uses.

That was me 50% being silly and 50% parroting a really passionate opinion some co-worker had way back when I was a grocery store drone. Dude was incensed that somebody suggested something other than that Sister brand when we got asked for a recommendation. I clearly backed the wrong horse, though! Turns out those are brown-and-serve; they don't even rise despite being yeast rolls. Boy, do I have egg on my face! Clearly, harboring a silly bias like that wasn't in the spirit of the recipe as intended by those prog rockers, so I went out and got some different rolls to try again. Partly to get it done right, and partly because some friends heard of attempt one and want in on it. Pics coming tomorrow.

Then I'm gonna eat way healthy for the rest of October and more because I am getting too old to eat this kind of recipe twice in a week.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 27, 2018

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
use the whole stick you coward

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Fun(?) fact: over here in the Netherlands our packs of butter are twice the size as the sticks in the US and pudding mix packs are half the size. So I had to go back to the store to buy more pudding mix when I made my attempt, but I'll accept being called a coward for using only half a pack of butter.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Double butter is a very strong option.

I have been relieved by >80 people at work so I'm back. We're in the home stretch now!

Cory gets back in the house and Pianist gets her groove back.
YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DRIVE INTO THE TOWER BUT I DIDN'T, GOT YOU GOOD :911: NEVER FORGET O7 :911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBa2o-V5-o
Music:
Stan Kenton - Pegasus
Dethklok - Burn the Earth

Next Up: i dont have a backlog anymore so i dont actually know

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Holy poo poo, voice acting!

Edit: Man, I definitely feel with the Pianist when it comes to working on something and giving up on it when it doesn't turn out how I want it to. And even more with showing that to others.

The Bold Kobold fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 1, 2018

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

The Bold Kobold posted:

Holy poo poo, voice acting!

Edit: Man, I definitely feel with the Pianist when it comes to working on something and giving up on it when it doesn't turn out how I want it to. And even more with showing that to others.

This game is shockingly relatable :smith:

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
... What's the singer's dark secret? :ohdear:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The computer is the real Singer.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Scalding Coffee posted:

The computer is the real Singer.

gently caress me, I can't get an Alyx or even antlions to save my life right now, there just aren't enough faux/fanfic/lovely campaign maps to get into the rotation quickly.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

For antlions you might also luck out on those zombie survival or zombie arena maps. I got mine on one where you had to press buttons to spawn waves. Good luck with Alyx, though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Just beat the game a few times and farm the intro. You can select the intro map enough times to farm ants. Alyx was the hardest for me.

Faylone
Feb 18, 2012
If you want to give up and cheese it but not enough to go find the map that has everything for all the jazztronauts quests, you can always load a HL2 map that has her to grab. It'll give a gameover fadeout for a moment, but then fade back in and allow you to control yourself again so you can call the train.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
As someone who worked on the game I give you my official sanction to just go grab her and the ants from HL2, yeah.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I feel like it would be funnier to crash an actual functioning high production value map instead of my test map #100 so that's gonna happen.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Atlatl posted:

I feel like it would be funnier to crash an actual functioning high production value map instead of my test map #100 so that's gonna happen.

Yeah! If you're going to steal, steal outrageously.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Hi! Welcome to my Let's Play of Half-Life 2, an immersive story-driven first person shooter by Valve. We start off playing as Gordon Freeman meeting up with his old coworkers after a relaxing day on the river.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqqhuSnSpw
Music:
Stan Kenton - Live and Let Die

Now that we've got the local interdimensional teleporter technology from Dr. Eli, we can call in trolleys as weapons while we try to bust the original Dr. Kleiner out of jail (please ignore the other kleiners)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJwM6MpUBI
Music:
Stan Kenton - The Peanut Vendor

Next Up: Our most precious cat's final experiment

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Where is my jazzfacts

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
we already did Stan Kenton you fool

I do need to figure out who I haven't done yet though.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Completed everything on Sunday, after around 7 hours of stuff. Got my Antlion quest on NG+, was only ever able to find any in the Jazz intro map, so it was n't until NG+++++ that I was able to finish. Still loved to strip prop hunt maps bare, though.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I reset all my progress and started anew. I immediately got to enjoy the RNG kick in the balls by finding a million cars before I got the car quest and then not a single one for 2 hours after.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Atlatl posted:

Hi! Welcome to my Let's Play of Half-Life 2, an immersive story-driven first person shooter by Valve. We start off playing as Gordon Freeman meeting up with his old coworkers after a relaxing day on the river.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpqqhuSnSpw
Music:
Stan Kenton - Live and Let Die

Oh my god that intro though.

Also I found this in the doom eternal thread. Seems fitting.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm a little behind.

Atlatl posted:

Double butter is a very strong option.

I have been relieved by >80 people at work so I'm back. We're in the home stretch now!

Cory gets back in the house and Pianist gets her groove back.
YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DRIVE INTO THE TOWER BUT I DIDN'T, GOT YOU GOOD :911: NEVER FORGET O7 :911:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUBa2o-V5-o
Music:
Stan Kenton - Pegasus
Dethklok - Burn the Earth

Next Up: i dont have a backlog anymore so i dont actually know

God drat this hit hard. I've been learning to play bass the past few months, and it's been really rewarding but also a struggle. I haven't given up yet but I know exactly how the Pianist feels.

Atlatl posted:

Seatbelts? (wait did you already do them?)

I love this game. It's so real.

Dimestore Merlin
Jul 14, 2007

Obey your Spider-Lord

Atlatl posted:

You done Ryo Fukui yet?

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I was going to try and get all these radios and be done before I went on a trip for Thanksgiving week but that's not happening. Should be able to get it done beginning of December!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Atlatl posted:

I was going to try and get all these radios and be done before I went on a trip for Thanksgiving week but that's not happening. Should be able to get it done beginning of December!

An easy way to get radios is to steal the one in the trolley and then summon a new trolley, rinse and repeat. :ssh:
Or to look for Portal maps, those can't get enough of putting radios in.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Geemer posted:

An easy way to get radios is to steal the one in the trolley and then summon a new trolley, rinse and repeat. :ssh:

I feel like that shouldn't work, but I don't know enough about dimension-hopping trollies to prove it.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

The Bold Kobold posted:

I feel like that shouldn't work, but I don't know enough about dimension-hopping trollies to prove it.

During testing, we discovered that we hadn't actually done anything to stop players from stealing seats out of the bus. We figured this out because one of our in-development streams had a player discover they could be stolen while people were sitting on them, which effectively teleported the person in question to the Phantom Zone and instantly killed them. We put sanity checks in after that.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
jazz reviews in this thread be all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYBVGdB7MU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?

Geemer posted:

steal the one in the trolley and then summon a new trolley, rinse and repeat. :ssh:

oh my god im an idiot

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Daeren posted:

During testing, we discovered that we hadn't actually done anything to stop players from stealing seats out of the bus. We figured this out because one of our in-development streams had a player discover they could be stolen while people were sitting on them, which effectively teleported the person in question to the Phantom Zone and instantly killed them. We put sanity checks in after that.

Ah yes, the Void ever hungers, and A_Raving_Loon is merely its envoy to the material realm.

It was really something watching a man synchronize with a videogame and just bulldoze through it by feel.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
I'm not going to go through the 20+ boring prop hunt maps I did to try and find radios before giving up and farming the trolley, but here's Singer's last quest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTk2vV_HjvU
Music:
Art Blakey - The Drum Thunder Suite

Remember this song? It's from the Jazztronauts intro sequence, so we're full circle now. Art Blakey grew up as a pianist, but became a drummer and a band leader, getting his break in the 40s and then forming his famous Jazz Messengers in the 50s. His band helped developed other famous artists such as Lee Morgan, Curtis Fullard, and Wynton Marsalis. Art had an aggressive style and was very influential in bebop drumming.

Next Up: Hell cube rush and the final ending

:siren: Gonna host for the final 10 hell cube rush and the final ending, I'll get dates up soon. Expect Monday night US time / Tuesday morning SEA. :siren:

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

I'll definitely be there, and it's going to be sad when this LP's over.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'm glad to see I managed to help with the radio heist.

And sign me up for nihilistic destruction as well!

Extra bonus content:
Did a renegade run of my renegade run on the sticky buns. Since I have to make the dough myself I can decide to take a different approach to using it.

First off, a process improvement: use all the butter for making the butterscotch and then when it's done turn off the heat, add in the chopped pecans and then the cinnamon. Once mixed through, add in the pudding mix and keep stirring. You'll end up with a much more usable semisolid powder/paste.

I rolled out half the dough into a somewhat rectangular shape and then spread the new and improved mix on it.

Then rolled it up. It was still kinda warm so it had to be patched by moistening some dough from the ends and sticking it over the holes where it melted through.

Wrap it up in aluminium foil and stick in the freezer. Then the next day regret bending it in half (it wouldn't fit otherwise) because now you gotta wait for it to slightly defrost before you can pick out the aluminium bits trapped in the folds. Also add more cinnamon on top. Because cinnamon is awesome.

Prepare the other half of the dough the 'traditional' way for a direct comparison and let rise overnight. Realize you forgot to put some extra sugar in the dough to feed the yeast with and expect mediocre results.

The rolled up version turned into the Millennium Falcon.

The filling leaked out a bit. Don't be fooled by its dark appearance, it was tasty butterscotch.

The double renegade version is great, the flavor magic is more pronounced, but it's a little dry. Probably because of the pudding mix sucking up moisture. The solution is putting some extra butter on it before eating.

The classic renegade version worked out a lot better than last time, with the butterscotch staying softer and more sticky.

It's a great recipe either way, well worth the effort. Even with the need to make one's own dough and butterscotch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I guess it will remember the effort I put in my character on your server. Turns out that getting a new computer doesn't take advantage of cloud saves and I am down a 20x boost.