Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THS
Sep 15, 2017

Welcome to the C-SPAM Russia investigation thread.

In this thread, we will focus on the foreign subversion of American democracy, the GOP's infiltration by KGB agents, and how the Democratic Party lost 2016 because of Russian infiltration of popular platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitch and Twitter.

Generally this will be a place to discuss how owned the Republicans are going to be by daddy Mueller when he arrests and executes their political leadership for high treason.

Some terms you need to be familiar with:

Kompromat - compromising information collected for use in blackmailing, discrediting, or manipulating someone, typically for political purposes.

Dezinformatsiya - false information supplied by a government to the media with the intention of influencing the policies or opinions of those who receive it

Nomenklatura - a political class of powerful, privileged elites

Maskirovka - political or military deception, esp. as practised against Western intelligence

Dasvidanya - phrase used by Russian spies meaning "I've received my orders"

Timeline:

Likely outcomes:

-Mueller finds GOP leadership responsible for collusion with a Slavic power, the GOP top brass are arrested and arraigned in Federal court and sent to military prison, then probably executed.
-Moderate Republicans take back their party - they are wrong headed in a lot of ways, but the majority of them are well intentioned patriots like Senator John McCain.
-The Supreme Court declares Hillary Clinton to be President of The United States on account of electoral fraud and manipulation by Soviet spies.

Anyway there's tons to discuss here and it's pretty freaking epic to watch the GOP implode while Trumpists and Trumpsters meltdown over their fake president and his gay lover Vladimir Putin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

This thread is gonna die by my hand

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Calibanibal posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Calibanibal posted:

before that can someone give me a primer explaining this russia poo poo because i dont understand any of this bullshit outside of we should ban political advertising from social media platforms

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

putin pays me a whole ruble per post. AMA

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

before that can someone give me a primer explaining this russia poo poo because i dont understand any of this bullshit outside of we should ban political advertising from social media platforms

THS
Sep 15, 2017

drat sam clovis is an absolute unit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

this is the worst game of 6 degrees of kevin bacon i've ever seen

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

:eyepop:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

we got em this time boys

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

https://twitter.com/MarkAgee/status/900764026526867456

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So this is a thread for mocking the #resistance then? That's what I'm getting from the OP. Who is probably a Russian bot.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Thoguh posted:

So this is a thread for mocking the #resistance then? That's what I'm getting from the OP. Who is probably a Russian bot.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ah well, nonetheless

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Thoguh posted:

i dunno but i legit wouldn't mind an attempt to explain the various charges/accusations outside of the pisstape

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I'm really concerned about Russian interference. But not concerned enough that I'd advocate for any change in election law. War against Russia, on the other hand ...

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i dunno but i legit wouldn't mind an attempt to explain the various charges/accusations outside of the pisstape

pretty much every gop politician(and some dems) have been taking russian crime bribes in some way or other

for most of them it's just another crime bribe to add to the pile though and isn't the main driving force behind their policy or whatever

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I refuse to take seriously anyone who uses the word "Kompromat" unironically.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I legit couldn't tell if this was a joke thread or not though because life is a farce in 2018.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Lambert posted:

War against Russia, on the other hand ...

are you joking or legit have crazy brains

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Thoguh posted:

I refuse to take seriously anyone who uses the word "Kompromat" unironically.

you should know that concepts like 'propaganda' and 'blackmail' and 'election interference' were something invented by Stalin and Lenin in 1923. You have to use the Russian word because they coined not only the terms but they also coined the game. The game of deception

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yandat posted:

you should know that concepts like 'propaganda' and 'blackmail' and 'election interference' were something invented by Stalin and Lenin in 1923. You have to use the Russian word because they coined not only the terms but they also coined the game. The game of deception

"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem" - master of subterfuge joseph stalin

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Raskolnikov38 posted:

putin and trump did a collusion that retroactively made russia and the us enemies at war by using russian trolls on facebook to lose hillary the states she neglected campaigning in

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I support mother russia in this time of darkness

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Yinlock posted:

"Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem" - master of subterfuge joseph stalin

"the death of millions is merely a statistic. however, a Single Person? that is tragic" - chairman stalin

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

don't worry trump will be impeached any day now

the peach will be so big it'll not only fit the cheeto benito but also the centipede, the earthworm, the grasshopper, the ladybug, the glowworm, the silkworm and miss spider

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72xa8vArrI

green party, more like the red party

as in SOVIET RED

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t wait for the FBI to impeach Trump and then go back to waging a war against Black Lives Matter

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
PISS TAPE IS REAL

THS
Sep 15, 2017

please bookmark this thread because im going to be updating it regularly with the real dirt, the real mccoy on the trump/russia investigation

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

these are amazing. just why is it that the resistance, a group that supposedly gives a drat about LGBTQ, can't stop casting two men they hate more than poison as gay?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Condiv posted:

these are amazing. just why is it that the resistance, a group that supposedly gives a drat about LGBTQ, can't stop casting two men they hate more than poison as gay?

excuse me, sir, but criticizing the resistance just helps trump and putin destroy our democracy

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Condiv posted:

putin puppet

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Condiv posted:

The president, X, is a gay communist bent on destroying america

substitute X for Obama if you're conservative or Trump if you're liberal

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Yandat posted:

please bookmark this thread because im going to be updating it regularly with the real dirt, the real mccoy on the trump/russia investigation

Lol this but if Hillary won and literal

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't care who but i'm a moderator on the somethingawful.com forums and would be willing to work for a foreign government for money

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Anna Chapman did nothing wrong

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
how the gently caress do you reconcile trump being a putin agent with the us just passing a buttload of sanctions on russia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mila kunis posted:

how the gently caress do you reconcile trump being a putin agent with the us just passing a buttload of sanctions on russia

Trumpy said the sanctions were were unfair and dishonest to Putin.

• Locked thread