Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Hey all, football snuck up on me this year but gently caress it, let's try to do this league again!

The What?

This is a league where we only draft individual defensive players. Scoring and team composition is as follows:

quote:

Tackle Solo: 1.5
Tackle Assist: .75
Sack: 6
Interception: 6
Fumble Force: 4
Fumble Recovery: 3
Defensive Touchdown: 6
Pass Defended: 4
Block Kick: 5
Tackles for Loss: 3
Safety: 6

quote:

POS
D Flex 1
LB 4
DT 1
EDR 1
DL 1
CB 1
S 1
DB 1
BN 6

This is what we used the last year and works best with around 12 or 14 teams. Last year a couple of my IRL friends joined us to push us to 12 and they would like to play again.

Other Things To Know

This is an ESPN league. As of two years ago ESPN started making things more user friendly for IDP players, their rankings for autodraft don't suck horribly and they even have halfway decent weekly projections.

Who Can Play?
Anyone can play, there is no buy in for this league. Really it's just a fun spin on your typical fantasy football. I want to get as close to 14 players as possible and I am currently waiting to hear from the previous members of this league. Please PM me your email or shoot an email to epi.lepi.sa (at) gmail (dot) com

Link to the League page: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leagueoffice?leagueId=438806&seasonId=2018

Current members:

1. Epi Lepi
2. Epi Lepi IRL Friend #1
3. Epi Lepi IRL Friend #2
4. Epi Lepi IRL Friend #3
5. Ches Neckbeard
6. DC Murderverse
7. 3 DONG HORSE
8. Sataere
9. The Rising Suun
10. GVOLTT
11. Teemu Pokemon
12. Dong's IRL Friend

Epi Lepi fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Get ready for Bounty Gate 3: Haley's Revenge

edit: the gently caress is a image host that espn actually recognizes?

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 12, 2018

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i'm back and i'm not gonna suck as bad this year

god willing

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I will accept the challenge

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I was just wondering about this, so glad to see this thread is back. I'm in.

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
The Texas Tornados are back in.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.
I guess I'm back in.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Added a link to the league page on ESPN to the OP

Glad to see so many of you back from last year! I'll give the last two a little more time to indicate if they're going to join in again. I want at least 12 teams again this year and once we get there we'll try to arrange the draft.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Epi Lepi posted:

Added a link to the league page on ESPN to the OP

Glad to see so many of you back from last year! I'll give the last two a little more time to indicate if they're going to join in again. I want at least 12 teams again this year and once we get there we'll try to arrange the draft.

Last year, I would have missed the thread if someone didn't PM me. Maybe shoot them a message?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Sataere posted:

Last year, I would have missed the thread if someone didn't PM me. Maybe shoot them a message?

This was me, and Epi just reached out. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to skip out this year and not defend my previous championship. This year is much busier for me at work and I'm barely keeping my head above water as commish of my league with friends. No time for another league this season.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My IRL friend wants to join if we can get a 12th

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Yeah sorry guys I guess I can do this again gently caress it chaos reigns

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My IRL friend wants to join if we can get a 12th

Okay so if your IRL friend wants to do this then we've got an even 12 with Teemu back and Teeter gone. PM me their email or have them email the account in the OP.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

Okay so if your IRL friend wants to do this then we've got an even 12 with Teemu back and Teeter gone. PM me their email or have them email the account in the OP.

I PM'd you

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Sorry all for not being more active, I've had a bitch of a time trying to figure out a draft date for my main league but now that I have that I'm ready to nail down a date for this league.

So my IRL friends and I are all available weekday nights from now till the beginning of the season starting at 8pm EST, except for this Thursday the 30th and Labor Day.

The draft went pretty quick last year, at least I thought it did. Tell me what days and times work for people and we'll narrow this down.

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
Evenings on 8/28, 8/29, 9/4, 9/5 are good, but I'll be there whenever.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Labor Day is the only date completely off my board, mostly because it's my birthday. As long as the draft happens before the regular season starts [and after the last preseason game, in case of any freak injuries], I should be fine with whatever, but just in case that my parents want to go out to dinner for my birthday the weekend before [which I guess is this weekend, Aug. 31-Sep. 2], I'd prefer to keep those open as well until I have more clear plans. If that weekend is when most are available, I can definitely compromise on that front.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I'll phone post my draft wherever.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

27-29, 31, 4th and 5th are open for me.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Epi Lepi posted:

Sorry all for not being more active, I've had a bitch of a time trying to figure out a draft date for my main league but now that I have that I'm ready to nail down a date for this league.

So my IRL friends and I are all available weekday nights from now till the beginning of the season starting at 8pm EST, except for this Thursday the 30th and Labor Day.

The draft went pretty quick last year, at least I thought it did. Tell me what days and times work for people and we'll narrow this down.

Pretty much all dates work for me and my IRL friend.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Work best for me: 29th, 31st, 2nd, 5th
Are workable: 28th (in class, but it's a boring lecture so i could draft), 1st (if it started at 8pm CST or later), 3rd (plans still up in the air, would be better later), 4th (see the 28th)
Really not available: 30th, 6th

edit: Ideally the 5th would be my pick

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm really liking the 5th starting at about 8pm EST. Maybe 8:30.

Anyone have strong feelings against that?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

I'm really liking the 5th starting at about 8pm EST. Maybe 8:30.

Anyone have strong feelings against that?

Against. Dynasty draft moved to the 5th.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Okay at this point it has to be either the 4th or the 5th, whichever day gets more people we do. If you can't make the chosen day then I guess autodraft and pray?

My IRL friends and I can do either day.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Works for me and my friend

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Okay so that’s a lot of non answering. Everyone plan for Tuesday night at 8pm EST or forever hold your peace.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The worst day for me!

It's fine

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Reminder, Draft is Sept 4th, at 8pm, please log into the draft lobby early so we can just get going.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Draft is in 30 minutes folks! Lol at anyone who drafts the corpse of Bosa

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Good draft! Hope everyone had fun because in a few days your despair will manifest and c̶ons҉m̕͏e͠ ͜y̡o̵̡u̕̕r̀ s̴̳̮̦̲͚̯͈̙͖̙̹͔ͩͥͪͥ͐͛̃͗̐͛̒͆̾̃̾͝͠͝o͍̼̫͚̭̤͉̻̟̝̫̥̭̼͒̍͋́ͯ̐ͬ̋̋̀͘͠ú̴̷͔̝͈͚̻̰̹̓̆̔̈̿͌̓̅̑̆̕ļ̴͎̹̬͓̺̟̤͚̆͂͂̈͂̔ͥ̈́̚͘̕͠!ͩ͆̅̋͌̿̊́͆̇ͧ̑̏̌̉ͯ̿̚͟͢҉̸̧͓̞͍̞̝͕̗ ̈́̍̆̓̇̂͗̅̽̌̏̂̆̂ͩ̚̕͜͏̡̛̺̪̜̫̪̱̗̞̜͚̖̫:̶̷̨̰̪̜͓̩̜̗̓̂̐̿̌̒̐ͦͫ̿̉ͦ̊ͤ̍̚)̳̠͇̩̮̯̻̱̯̞̪̥̥̇͆̐̅ͮͧͥͧ̂͆̐͢͡

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Congrats to Wrath of Kwon. My all Chicago Bears defensive strategy fell apart in week five. I am glad you brought your A game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Sataere posted:

Congrats to Wrath of Kwon. My all Chicago Bears defensive strategy fell apart in week five. I am glad you brought your A game.

Me too, my teams have been absolute garbage in all my leagues so far, I needed a win to not pull my hair out!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Man, this is the best loving team I've ever drafted in this league, so of course I get bounced in the first round! :argh:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

1 seed fuckers, youth wins the day.

My inevitable exit will be that much more painful

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Ches Neckbeard posted:

1 seed fuckers, youth wins the day.

My inevitable exit will be that much more painful

Yours was the only team I thought was stronger than mine. I have two of the front-runners for DPOY and this is the week Donald gets shut out. (As a Bears fan, only slightly annoyed by this)

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bounty Gate 3: Haleys Revenge does better than Todd Haley and wins it's competition. gently caress you Todd and your lovely offense I won more than you did.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Bounty Gate 3: Haleys Revenge does better than Todd Haley and wins it's competition. gently caress you Todd and your lovely offense I won more than you did.
Congratulations on your victory! I might've won had Kareem Jackson not got knocked out of the Texans-Eagles game, but I suppose luck was not on my side in this matchup. [I'm not going to complain about not starting Lattimore over him or Nelson even if that would've given me the win as well.]

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I am the king of the consolation bracket, which feels like a kick in the teeth considering this is the best team I've ever put together in this league.

See you bastards next year. Congrats Ches.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Congratulations Ches! Fantasy has not been kind to me this year, hopefully next year Kwon is still a Buc and I can kick all of your asses with him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rising Suun
May 10, 2006

watch out I'm ornery
Congrats, Ches. Maybe next year I dont poo poo the bed in the playoffs.