Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

tadashi posted:

I just got to opening day and, as a result, OOTP generates preseason predictions based on the opening day rosters of every team...

This isn't going to go well.

1,555 runs scored
5,256 runs allowed

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I think you need to move the experiment to Colorado

E: Replace 20 Trouts with Ohtanis

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Aug 15, 2018

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I'm Jean Segura being predicted to slug .516.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Julio Cruz posted:

I'm Jean Segura being predicted to slug .516.

I'm JD Martinez with 60 HR.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Miguel Trucha MVP on the 2-160 Trout Train

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Oh my god, 3000 walks?!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I like how the entire AL West has inflated runs scored totals just from their play against the Trrouts

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bawfuls posted:

I like how the entire AL West has inflated runs scored totals just from their play against the Trrouts

I was gonna say I like how the AL West is now the Top 5 best offenses of all time.

E: Houston Astros are the best team in the league with an ERA of 4.45, with Verlander as their best pitcher, sporting an ERA of 4.18. Even if you won, you still had to get 27 Trouts.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 15, 2018

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I would love to know what's going on behind the curtain that has lead to RF Trout and SS Trout leading the way among the Trouts.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I like that at the very top, the Angels are 0-0, 0 GB, but it doesn't say they're tied for first. It already puts them in 5th.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Turns out Mike Trout doesn't have a three pitch command

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Doltos posted:

Turns out Mike Trout doesn't have a three pitch command

Speak for yourself, Mike Truk has all the pitches but exclusively throws his eephus

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mike Trout has an arm and just needs to throw fastballs all day.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Unfortunately OOTP simulates all position players as having the same pitching profile: bottomed out stats in everything, only one pitch (fastball).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'd say swap the Trout pitchers for a healthy assortment of Chatwoods, Giolitos, and Baileys for pitchers but I'm honestly so excited to root for unbelievably rare wins

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

Unfortunately OOTP simulates all position players as having the same pitching profile: bottomed out stats in everything, only one pitch (fastball).

Does this mean a team of Pablo Sandovals would win more games because there's data that he can throw breaking balls?

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
The old scouting reports said he was a non-prospect as a pitcher, but he also threw a perfect game in high school. You could probably give him Josh Tomlin level pitching stats (FB 86-88, cutter 84, curve 75-80) and worse command and get a rough approximation.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Can we name one of the Mike Trouts after his brother in law who just passed as a tribute? Aaron Cox.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

The old scouting reports said he was a non-prospect as a pitcher, but he also threw a perfect game in high school. You could probably give him Josh Tomlin level pitching stats (FB 86-88, cutter 84, curve 75-80) and worse command and get a rough approximation.

I think I'm going to run the full season this way and then meld the pitching Trouts with late career Jamie Moyer to see what happens.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hell yeah king of all the Trouts :coal:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Trade deadline standings:

We've already outpaced our projected win total!

Batting stats, The original Mike Trout is in CAPS. The clone Mike Trout is in AAA:

Fielding stats :lol:

Pitching stats:

AL Batting Leaders 1 (The original Mike Trout here):

AL Batting Leaders 2:

AL Pitching Leaders (WAR is FIP-based):

Somehow, no Mike Trouts have been injured. I think this is because of the deep bullpen and the frequency of using backup players.

The AAA team is doing much better, at 51-55

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I love Chad Harbach who has two wins.

I especially love Fish Bonzalez with a 6.18 WHIP, -8.6 WAR, 199 walks, and as many hit batsmen as strikeouts.

What were the final scores of the three wins?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I like how our best case scenario is three separate 33 loss streaks throughout the season so far (since we were 2-99 before losing our 3rd win and then losing 6 more).

When were we mathematically eliminated from the playoffs? I'm guessing basically at like game 100 or so.

I also love how the league has figured out that every attempt is basically a free steal, what with our 4 caught stealing out of 195 attempts :lol:
And I'm not sure who is to blame for the 177 passed balls either. I wish it showed wild pitches as well.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

We need to see some AAA batting lines

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
How on earth does Mike Trout, a literal honest-to-god center fielder, have 25 errors playing his actual position?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Julio Cruz posted:

How on earth does Mike Trout, a literal honest-to-god center fielder, have 25 errors playing his actual position?
The other CF Trout has 28!

edit: those two must be utility Trouts who are actually playing mostly infield positions, but OOTP lists their position as CF. The innings totals don't make any sense otherwise.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bawfuls posted:

The other CF Trout has 28!

edit: those two must be utility Trouts who are actually playing mostly infield positions, but OOTP lists their position as CF. The innings totals don't make any sense otherwise.

Yeah you're right, I know Trout has a great OF arm but it's not quite 100+ assists great.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Julio Cruz posted:

OOTP is awful for real rankings. They have Jose Martinez as a crappy batter and a ++ defender at several positions. Mike Trout isn't even close to being a top ranked CF defensively in that game. His stats are also surprisingly not that great once you start seeing some randomly generated younger guys develop.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Trucha having a real Nice season so far

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

You had questions and I have answers.

Poque posted:

Can we name one of the Mike Trouts after his brother in law who just passed as a tribute? Aaron Cox.

I didn't get Aaron into the game but when I realized there was a Dolly Varden, I decided we had broken the gender barrier. I have no skills with OOTP's face generating engine, so I just uploaded Jessica Cox's photo, instead. Dolly Varden: secretly Mike Trout's wife.

Poque posted:

I love Chad Harbach who has two wins.

What were the final scores of the three wins?

You might think this looks like a high score for a game

That's until you realize, it was just one inning.

Just one inning of the first win of the season, coming on May 31st

The Angels later beat the Red Sox 21-15 in the 2nd game of a double header:

And then the White Sox 46-25.

You can see Rusney Castillo pitched in that Red Sox game and here is is Brett Lawrie pitching for the White Sox:

OOTP now uses position players as emergency pitchers. The strategy for the Mike Trouts seems to be to chase the starter as early as possible and then pin the other team into using a position player or a low stamina closer over several innings.

No Safe Word posted:

When were we mathematically eliminated from the playoffs? I'm guessing basically at like game 100 or so.
July 31st, so it just happened since I'm only at the trade deadline. Game 108.

bawfuls posted:

Here's the depth chart. It's basically the same for all lineups except the DH gets a break on no-DH days.

This is where things get pretty weird. Here are the AL all-stars (Gary Sanchez and Jon Lucroy not picture):

Millville Trout came in 2nd in voting for Catcher in spite of not starting at catcher and his torrid PB pace. His selection as a reserve was important because he tied the ASG with a pinch hit home run and the game went to extra innings.

Also the Mike Trout pitching staff is helping the AL set some new single season records.

IcePhoenix posted:

Trucha having a real Nice season so far
He got a little lucky in that I randomly selected him to play RF and leadoff so it means he gets to steal all the bases and I didn't know how to weave a reserve player into a rotation with him by the time I got down to RF in the depth chart. His SB success rate is insane at 92.3%, though. I want to turn the team stealing bases strategy all the way up but I think I'll leave this alone until the next time around.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Feeling okay with Rainbow Trout, all things considered!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Crescenti Trout getting put at first is really great since my favorite baseball player is the thoroughly average Wally Joyner.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Grem posted:

Crescenti Trout getting put at first is really great since my favorite baseball player is the thoroughly average Wally Joyner.

Did Joyner have injury issues or something? I don't understand how the guy hit less home runs per year as he got closer to the PED era.

Seems like I forgot to post anything about the end of the season...

Here's a Sept. 1 update:

Pitching stats on the day of call-ups.

Batting:

Standings:

Team dashboard:

On September 18th, Rainbow Trout interupted me to ask for money. I guess he wins good citizen of the year:

And some of the clones found themselves in some heated leaderboard battles:

End of season batting stats:

Congrats to Crescenti for winning the team batting crown

Congrats to Fish Bonzalez for leading the team in HR [allowed]:

End of season team landing page:

Here are Crescenti's pitching stats, since he led the team in K while aslo starting a bunch of games at 1B.

In the transactions front:
The Indians seemed to be the busiest traders. They picked up Cutch and Strikland for Brantley. McCutchen tore his UCL two weeks later. The Nats and O's hooked up for a regional blockbuster with Eaton going to the Os and Britton and an org guy heading to the Nats. The Angels, obviously, got a shitload of trade offers and ignored them all.

Next time, I'll post more end of season reports. Some Angels took home some hardware.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

tadashi posted:

Did Joyner have injury issues or something? I don't understand how the guy hit less home runs per year as he got closer to the PED era.

He took PEDS then stopped because Jesus told him it was wrong. Seriously. Religion ruins everything.

God drat Crescnti killed it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Highest WAR on the team :smuggo:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Lol at my Rainbow Trout being pretty dang good then asking for money for charity. An upstanding gentleman!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Dick Sturgeon managed to be the most valuable (read: least awful) pitcher of the Trouts, putting up the highest WAR (-0.4) least amount of ER's (22) and lowest WHIP (3.50) and BB/9 (11.7) in his 10 IP of work after being called up in September. Now that's making a statement. :smugdog:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Actually I think you'll find that Michel Truite is the winner with zeroes in all of those categories since he was called up in September but never used :colbert:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

N: I have a new baby!

V: Final updates will come eventually. Glad people seemed to enjoy this quick wonky season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Congrats! Which flavor of "Mike Trout" did you choose to name your baby? :haw:

• Locked thread