Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

In my country it's like kinda like this. You use the person's name only when condescending.

I hear my name a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Th is pretty rare linguistically and I've also read that English uses a ton of ~s sounds so we sound kinda evil and snakey like we're hissing.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The r you use (except some dialects in Britain) is also kinda rare and freaky.

You can imitate English by going rarararararar.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

In Australia we're pretty used to mocking our own dialects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzN-X-haYa0

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Grape posted:

Pretty sure we're talking interracial examples here champ.

Sorry I'm not American so I don't just lump all white (or black) people into one racial group.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A friend of mine is Chinese and moved to the US with his family when he was a kid. When he was around 7 he spent the summer with a relative in the south who was a Pentecostal or something like that. So she takes him to one of those huge faith healing tent sermons (he’s not even Christian, mind you). He’s loving horrified to see all these people he can barely understand going into conniption fits when the preacher comes around to lay hands on them.

Sure enough, the preacher calls him up in front of the crowd and starts grilling him with questions. He’s panicking looking at all these crazy white people staring at him expectantly so he starts screaming into the microphone, doing his best impression of what Americans sounded like to him, while spazzing out like a maniac.

The crowd erupts with joy, dancing around and praising the lord for this scared little Chinese kid making fun of them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Snowy posted:

A friend of mine is Chinese and moved to the US with his family when he was a kid. When he was around 7 he spent the summer with a relative in the south who was a Pentecostal or something like that. So she takes him to one of those huge faith healing tent sermons (he’s not even Christian, mind you). He’s loving horrified to see all these people he can barely understand going into conniption fits when the preacher comes around to lay hands on them.

Sure enough, the preacher calls him up in front of the crowd and starts grilling him with questions. He’s panicking looking at all these crazy white people staring at him expectantly so he starts screaming into the microphone, doing his best impression of what Americans sounded like to him, while spazzing out like a maniac.

The crowd erupts with joy, dancing around and praising the lord for this scared little Chinese kid making fun of them.

this story owns

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Grape posted:

The chutzpah of this guy over er', you want I should break yer schnoz??

God yiddish fuckin' owns.

Do non-American anglophone countries use these words, because just lol if you don't.

I guess I'm dumb as gently caress because it took me until today to realize that all these words come from yiddish. I thought it was just weird slang poo poo my grandparents and parents used growing up, that's how ingrained the vocabulary was from a young age.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

Sorry I'm not American so I don't just lump all white (or black) people into one racial group.

Yeah you're almost definitely yet another extremely online Western European speaking for the whole globe when he can't even tell the difference between the other half of the rest of his continent let alone stuff beyond that.

SPEAKING AS A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD I...
*is actually speaking for 30% of the EU*

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Snowy posted:

Lmao

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Snowy posted:

holy lol

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

Nice

Mind you this is probably how the whole speaking in tongues thing came about. A creepy holy man scared someone into a panic attack and had to put positive spin on it.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qgaV5PNn3k

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Grape posted:

Being as how it comes down to power deferential, yeah I could see a Japanese salaryman being racist toward an eastern european prostitute.
But you really gotta reach and strain to find the examples.

Its not much of a reach or strain to think that Japanese wield all the power and authority of the Japanese state, and this will open up a power differential when they encounter foreigners in Japan.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Snowy posted:

this exact thing happened to my high school girlfriend when she went to church with one of her friends.

Crackwhore Barrel
Mar 10, 2012

I’m sad this thread died. I’ve been watching skeleton Shnappi and Italian Bob Dylan for a week. Goons :justpost: more random awesome pseudo english poo poo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Apparently 'Fooly Cooly' is what sounds like English to Japanese people. Checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

1redflag posted:

You do "white people" voice, which is like a mix between stoner-surfer and truckstop-redneck

that is how I talk naturally and I am triggered

• Locked thread