Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

wiener dog!!! lmao :rackem:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

thepopmonster posted:

Lookit this guy, spending his day combing the dessert.

Look buddy, whatever he's doing it's none of your beeswax.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

That had better be called a honeycomb comb

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Hyperlynx posted:

That had better be called a honeycomb comb

nope its called a beeswax waxer

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
You got me curious, and it seems it's called an uncapping/capping fork/scratcher.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

dirby posted:

You got me curious, and it seems it's called an uncapping/capping fork/scratcher.

:(

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1765268588057739289

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

What the gently caress :aaa: That's very cool! I'd love to know what about plants allows that to happen. Is it all the capillaries, stems, and other hollow structures? Also, why is it so hot? Why does it make the plants so hot, all the way down to the end of the branch/stem? (I know nothing about AM radio antennas.)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Also, why is it so hot?

It's being pumped full of enough electricity to broadcast that channel all over the local region.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

It's being pumped full of enough electricity to broadcast that channel all over the local region.
Oof, goddamn. And AM travels far, so that must be a ton of power. Fascinating stuff.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hirayuki posted:

Oof, goddamn. And AM travels far, so that must be a ton of power. Fascinating stuff.

More than six watts!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Paused an episode of The Sopranos and it makes it look like a scene from an insufferable 90s sitcom

I can't not hear a laughtrack when looking at this

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

What the gently caress :aaa: That's very cool! I'd love to know what about plants allows that to happen. Is it all the capillaries, stems, and other hollow structures? Also, why is it so hot? Why does it make the plants so hot, all the way down to the end of the branch/stem? (I know nothing about AM radio antennas.)

There's nothing special about the plants except that in that video they are creating an electric arc that is modulated at the same amplitude as the radio signal (because they are one in the same thing).

it's kinda like those tesla coil discharge music videos, eg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ftp_JR0KEc

only much stupider and more dangerous. If he were to touch the antenna base the arcing would also play the sound of the radio station as it fried him to death.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

bennyfactor posted:

only much stupider and more dangerous. If he were to touch the antenna base the arcing would also play the sound of the radio station as it fried him to death.

DANGER: Not Only Will This Kill You, But It Will "WA-HEeeeeeEEY YOU'RE LISTENING TO 102.9 WLRS THE WALRUS" The Whole Time

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Probably why he says "сука" and drops the plant.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Hirayuki posted:

theres enough juice going through that tower that metal will arc if it gets close enough and close enough is like 2 inches away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo9nGzIzSPw

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1768864953673384060

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

That looks like a page from the babel project.

Throw it over the side!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

im gonna sit on the beach and wait for this

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/8bDvEGL.mp4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What the heck. What are you doing with your life, tree?

Tree woke up one morning all, "gently caress all this pink frilly bullshit! I'm going back to my roots!"

RETVRN

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

What the heck. What are you doing with your life, tree?

Tree woke up one morning all, "gently caress all this pink frilly bullshit! I'm going back to my roots!"

RETVRN

It’s a strawberries & cream tree.

e: Actually, your example might have all the pink and white blossoms on separate branches. Not a graft chimæra, just a normal grafted tree that happens to have worked out to a visually pleasing balance of growth.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Apr 16, 2024

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://i.imgur.com/Y2liF4F.mp4

Platystemon posted:

It’s a strawberries & cream tree.

e: Actually, your example might have all the pink and white blossoms on separate branches. Not a graft chimæra, just a normal grafted tree that happens to have worked out to a visually pleasing balance of growth.

Yeah each branch is all pink or all white. I think it's some kind of atavism or something. Definitely not a deliberate effect, because every other tree on the street has just the pink flowers. Just this one decided to go back to their roots(tock).

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

I would smash it knowing I would regret it, and then regret it

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I've heard of iceberg lettuce but this is ridiculous!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

credburn posted:

:same:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

credburn posted:

Hey you just described my dating history

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I watched my car do a milestone rollover though I can't remember which for. I slowed down to about 20 miles per hour on a lonely stretch of interstate at like 3 in the morning

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Milo and POTUS posted:

I watched my car do a milestone rollover though I can't remember which for. I slowed down to about 20 miles per hour on a lonely stretch of interstate at like 3 in the morning

My mom's partner's cousin lost all his fingers but his thumb in a rollover in his truck.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My favorite is when my odometer spells out 80085.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

credburn posted:

My mom's partner's cousin lost all his fingers but his thumb in a rollover in his truck.

Wow he must not have been very good at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

tbf the thumb is thicker