Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Bale is sad his locker lover left him for an old lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

curried lamb of God posted:

I thought Jovic to Real was effectively a done deal

today some German papers reported that Frankfurt isn't selling any of their front 3 but that could likely be just a negotiation tactic to get his price up.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's going to make me a tad sad to see Paul go.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Watching Barça twitter melt down right now is pretty entertaining

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lmao

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

barcelolna

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oh Valverde you poor sob.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Lmao Liverpool broke Farcelona

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Double lmao. Coutinho hit his 75th cap for Barca today meaning Liverpool netted an extra 5m due to his appearance bouns

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Coutinho is unbelievably bad every time I see him play. Zero confidence, physically weak, slow, doesn't seem to link up well with any team mate. It's like they're playing with 10 men at times.

Liverpool did an amazing bit of business.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He’s a good player though, if he looks that inept you’ve surely got to point the finger at coaching and tactics.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Coutinho did a lot of bad things this year that have nothing to do with tactics or strategy. Things like giving away the ball very easily, or taking bad and inaccurate shots, or failing to dribble properly, or not running hard down the wings, or not tracking back, or not staying in position. Now you can say a player like him shouldn't be asked to do those things but a great many lesser players have managed to do it.

On some level a skilled player failing to be successful will always fall on the manager but Coutinho was put into so many successful situations all year (at times they were spoon feeding him opportunities) and never stepped up.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/06/12/spanish-football-app-spied-users-phone-microphones/

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Depor beat Malaga 4-2 in the home leg of the playoff semi :woop: My dad was there and I'm incredibly jealous

Mallorca face Albacete in the other semi tomorrow, and the return legs are on Saturday and Sunday

edit: Osasuna and Granada earned automatic promotion to the primera

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Depor beat Malaga 4-2 in the home leg of the playoff semi :woop: My dad was there and I'm incredibly jealous

Mallorca face Albacete in the other semi tomorrow, and the return legs are on Saturday and Sunday

edit: Osasuna and Granada earned automatic promotion to the primera

Good, la liga doesn't feel right without osasuna

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Depor wins 1-0 in Malaga and advances to the playoff final :woop:

Mallorca beat Albacete 2-0 in their home leg, 2nd is tomorrow

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Depor beat Mallorca 2-0 in the home leg of the promotion final :woop: Away leg in Mallorca on Sunday at 3 ET

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Depor beat Mallorca 2-0 in the home leg of the promotion final :woop: Away leg in Mallorca on Sunday at 3 ET

I get to watch this game. on the tv I mean. Should be good.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Lladre posted:

I get to watch this game. on the tv I mean. Should be good.

My dad was at the match today, as well as the 4-2 semi-final win vs. Malaga. My parents are retired and living about 70 minutes from A Coruña (and Vigo fwiw, but they're in AC province)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Bad luck Depor

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I guess this thread is dead but Atletico announced that they were starting disciplinary proceedings against Griezmann for not reporting to training and Griezmann’s camp pointed out that he doesn’t need to show up for a few days. It was all very weird.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

I guess this thread is dead but Atletico announced that they were starting disciplinary proceedings against Griezmann for not reporting to training and Griezmann’s camp pointed out that he doesn’t need to show up for a few days. It was all very weird.

Atletico are also apparently suing Griezmann for agreeing to contractual terms with Barcelona in March without Atletico consenting to anything.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Clubs being petty is old news.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

sid lowe had an article about it today but I figured I wouldn't want to torture you all by sharing it

sounds like Atletico is just pissed that Barca was openly talking about something that you're only supposed to blatantly leak to the press

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Neymar went AWOL too

Barca should buy both and then have them get brutally tackled by some poo poo clogger in the copa del rey

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
atletico wants 200m instead of 120 because that was the release clause in march when they supposedly agreed terms

which is worth a punt i guess but would be surprised to see it work in court

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's a Spanish court so they'll probably win.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Barca gone full galactico.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Barca gonna play 2-6-2 next season or what? Have they signed any defenders?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Simone Poodoin posted:

Barca gonna play 2-6-2 next season or what? Have they signed any defenders?
They tried to tap up Van Dijk and were told to gently caress off lol

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

They have 3 solid center backs in pique lenglet and umtitti. And they had a real succesful season outside of one trash fire of a game in Anfield. If Dembele is healthy and if Valverde remembers he coaches a talented team and not a squad of ball punting wastemen they'll win the league again and likely get further in the CL. (Or he might try a completely new formation in the most important game of the season and play some gross 422) . Also they should sell Coutinho to whatever dumbass club still thinks he's not a complete shook pants wetter. Bing Bang boom barca winning the treble.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would honestly take Couts back at Liverpool for like half the price. Make it happen.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
code:
Neymar    Dembele    Griezmann    Suarez    Messi
De Jong     Busquets    Arthur
Alba     Pique     Mbappe
Ronaldinho

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Asensio tore his ACL during the preseason friendly v Arsenal yesterday :rip:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Coutinho must get out of there asap.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Atletico continuing to pursue the extra 80mil they think they deserve for the Grease Man transfer is next level petty and I love it.

I mean having these different buyout clauses is stupid to begin with but saying a team "triggers" the buy out clause when they first make contact with a player is insane. If that's the case then they shouldn't have been able to play him after February because technically he was already bought out and a "free agent." Dumb as gently caress but good drama in between the dumb Neymar poo poo.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

My guess is that this will be settled with Barca paying an extra 30-40m, if it doesnt just get squashed

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lmao badrid

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

5-0 at halftime holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004