Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Do you expect logic thinking from people who think Franco was a god? Nuke Madrid I would say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Manc Hill posted:

what's their motivation for this though, why does it matter what flags are being waved at a game in the US?

Wild guess is they are trying to promote Spain and La Liga.
They should just have had Real play against Atletico, no one would care about the flags.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Robinho. Ronaldinho.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

When other leagues schedule this stuff it's like years in advance with rotating schedules and poo poo to make sure the teams are not unduly punished for traveling so far or missing a home game.

But obviously La Liga (as expected) hosed the whole thing up doing it on such short notice and with no real consultations . It's clear they wanted Barca or Madrid (probably the former more after Big Ron left) but I guess they didn't realize till after that two Catalonian teams might not be celebrating Spain in the way they wanted???
Sid Lowe was saying the teams and their players will probably refuse to go if those conditions remain.

BWV fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 7, 2018

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ronaldo.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

BWV posted:

Sid Lowe was saying the teams and their players will probably refuse to go if those conditions remain.

Or do like those two teams in the nordic league did and just have both teams stand around the middle circle passing the ball to each other.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Miami Barcelona/RM fans are the biggest cunts on earth, gently caress this poo poo

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Robinho.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
They can't even grow real grass in Miami. The field is going to be astroturf or trucked down from Georgia.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Hopefully no one steals the gas out of those trucks (again,).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lladre posted:

They can't even grow real grass in Miami. The field is going to be astroturf or trucked down from Georgia.

Make em play on sawgrass imo

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Barca already down 1-0 on a sweet volley. This whole Sergi Roberto in the midfield thing isnt looking to hot.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Atleti and Real drop points and barca probably should have too. Second time this season Valverde realized that Sergi Roberto is not good in a 3 man midfield and switched him to right back at the half. Didn't think they were going to win it but the Oz Man strikes again.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Seeing Dmitrovic play out of his mind to keep Eibar alive has gone a long way to offset how silly he looks since he shaved his head

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
http://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2018/09/21/5ba4fcde268e3e20098b4625.html

RFEF advised La Liga to gently caress off with their US matches bullshit, although I'm not sure what exactly they're threatening

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Alexeythegreat posted:

http://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2018/09/21/5ba4fcde268e3e20098b4625.html

RFEF advised La Liga to gently caress off with their US matches bullshit, although I'm not sure what exactly they're threatening

Judging from what I've read in other media, basically the RFEF does not authorize it, at least for now, they are asking for more info and meanwhile they will kick the whole mess to FIFA and UEFA. In other words, stalling for time and waiting for this whole shitstorm to implode on its own.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm still trying to figure out why they decided to send the two Catalan teams to represent La Liga.
They should just gather around the center circle and kick the ball around until the ref calls for an end to it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Im sure girona supporters are happy at not being able to see their club play a derby match at home

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Lemar just blasted a goal that would've made me smash my controller in Fifa. Classic off bar deflecting off of diving keepers back

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
That and Kike's header in the earlier game was pretty sweet.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

"and this is the type of Messi goal that will give you arousal for four hours"

e: they just used VAR to give Lenglet a str8 red after he got kneed his arms flew up and caught the Girona player in the face. Very soft and looks much worse in slo mo

BWV fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 23, 2018

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
That VAR was some loving pro La Liga reffing. Like hell how the gently caress is he supposed to control that arm while he gets his legs hosed?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
La Liga reffing, VAR or not, it neves changes.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

ref is absolute trash. every single foul in the first half was a card and now he thinks he's reffing a hockey play off game.

at least Arthur looked good. Bono is a great goalie and I bet he gets time with a bigger club.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
That Barca game was way more exciting that way, so good VARing in my opinion

Crazy how threatening Barcelona was even with one man down, and what a good forward Pique would make

poty fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 23, 2018

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I guess that compensates him being a bit of a weak defender at times. He could have been sent off for that tackle before the 2:1.

Was still fun to watch him push Barca forward and actually playing central forward.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
can someone tell me what time a big spanish match is usually played? i will be in spain around the 25th when Atheltico plays Barca in Madrid. No one has a loving kick-off time or a hard date, some sites list tickets for saturday, others for sunday. google lists sunday the 25th, but time TBD. does anyone have any idea what time that game would be and if its for sure sat or sun?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Waroduce posted:

can someone tell me what time a big spanish match is usually played? i will be in spain around the 25th when Atheltico plays Barca in Madrid. No one has a loving kick-off time or a hard date, some sites list tickets for saturday, others for sunday. google lists sunday the 25th, but time TBD. does anyone have any idea what time that game would be and if its for sure sat or sun?

They sometimes kick off the bigger matches as late as 10pm/midnight in Spain so you'd really have to drill down to local time for tickets.

Edit: I'm assuming you're talking about the 25th of November but the league hasn't set the kickoff times for those matches yet.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Sep 26, 2018

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The date is set as the 25th correct? Do they ever switch em? Later is better tbh we would be flying in and taking a train or flight to Barcelona the next day

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Waroduce posted:

The date is set as the 25th correct? Do they ever switch em? Later is better tbh we would be flying in and taking a train or flight to Barcelona the next day

La Liga is a bit weird because they don't set match dates early. That match will be that weekend but as of now there's no guarantee of the date or time.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It will probably be on that Saturday since both teams will play Champions League matches the following week

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Uncle Phil is a loving boss. big time goal off the volley.

e: pique just had a stroke or something because he basically gifted Leganes two goals in 30 seconds

BWV fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 26, 2018

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wow I turned Barca's game on around half time for a min and the commentators were talking about what an easy win it was so far and how the 0-2 was a foregone conclusion

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I guess its better to learn the lesson earlier than late that you can't just stop defending/tracking back. Barca had complete control of the game but for that 60 second stretch. Pique will deservedly get crushed by the press.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wtf are they doing in Sevilla with the lighting

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

poty posted:

Wtf are they doing in Sevilla with the lighting
whatever it was it worked cus they up 2-0 after two Silva goals.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Sounds like Barca and Madrid have secretly been two bad teams all along

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Conceding a goal every ten minutes doesn't matter, they finally have the white European goalkeeper that they have wanted for so long

poty
Jun 21, 2008

This Madrid match owns, neither team can defend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
im glad I dont have to watch la liga anymore