Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.
if(lp==isFinished()){thanks_and_congratulations++;}

Does anything happen if you set your system date to the year 4000, i wonder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Quackles posted:

You're very welcome! I did my best to try and make the puzzle explanations as accessible as possible to people without much programming experience, but I'm aware that I didn't pull it off completely. I'm writing it off to 'perils of the genre'.

Tbh, I am a programmer and if I put my mind to it I probably could've solved most puzzles myself. Shenzhen I/O is one of the few Zachtronics games that aren't in my library, so I haven't done these particular puzzles.

Thing is, I'm the kind of programmer who is more interested in the overall architecture (and in this case, the storyline) than in the nitty-gritty details, unless I have to write them myself.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
This was a really cool LP for an interesting game, and I really enjoyed the blog aspect you had going on there, I think it really contributed to the feel of the game. Thanks for showing it off!

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thing is, I'm the kind of programmer who is more interested in the overall architecture (and in this case, the storyline) than in the nitty-gritty details, unless I have to write them myself.

My issue is always that if I'm going to program, I'd much rather accomplish something significant than obsess over micro-optimizations.

If someone came up with a game that was about coming up with good high-level designs, I would fully expect that the system they come up with for laying out those designs and then measuring their quality would be immediately co-opted by real companies for real work.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thanks for the great LP! I'm still sitting at the kelp harvester, but I'll get back to it eventually.

Exapunks would be an interesting LP, because the stories aren't so different. You could conceivably 'play' the same character, if you chose, just set a decade later.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Bobulus posted:

Exapunks would be an interesting LP, because the stories aren't so different. You could conceivably 'play' the same character, if you chose, just set a decade later.

EXAPUNKS takes place in 1997.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

GuavaMoment posted:

EXAPUNKS takes place in 1997.

Well, yes, technically, but. They're both realities alternate to our own, with unique technological advances. You could hand-wave something, if you wanted.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bobulus posted:

Thanks for the great LP! I'm still sitting at the kelp harvester, but I'll get back to it eventually.

Exapunks would be an interesting LP, because the stories aren't so different.

Oh, I have ideas for if I do an EXAPUNKS LP. Especially since I've played through the game and know the full story.
I wouldn't connect it to this LP, though... probably.

And yeah, I honestly think the kelp harvester is THE most obnoxious puzzle of the bonus campaign, or maybe the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This Let's Play has been archived and is now closed. Thanks to all who came to see it.