Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I think there's one tiny tweak you could make on that last design. Not super important, but...

Rather than having both + and - jump to Feed, if you have it always copy X3 to acc, and then overwrite it with X1 or X2 based on the conditional, you get the exact same result in terms of power, with two fewer lines of code.

That said, my solution was so horribly convoluted compared to yours that I feel bad even commenting! I had to redo it multiple times to even make it fit on the board, and then it was worse in all three grading criteria! That 'sleep the length of the wait' idea is genius! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Quackles, this one totally stumped me and I had to set the game aside. Kudos for smashing through it! I'm really tempted to try again now, just so I can follow along.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Thanks for the great LP! I'm still sitting at the kelp harvester, but I'll get back to it eventually.

Exapunks would be an interesting LP, because the stories aren't so different. You could conceivably 'play' the same character, if you chose, just set a decade later.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

GuavaMoment posted:

EXAPUNKS takes place in 1997.

Well, yes, technically, but. They're both realities alternate to our own, with unique technological advances. You could hand-wave something, if you wanted.