Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
No picture, but I decided to kick it up a notch and add salt. Holy crap. There were 3/4" flakes of rust floating to the top within an hour. Hopefully this solves my clogged filter issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
If you want to drop the tank, the motorcycle guys usually throw a length of chain in there and bounce it around.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Tank is out and chain is in. I flipped it a few dozen times while washing it out before the vinegar with dawn. Waiting on the concoction (vinegar + salt) to do it's magic.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Well, I was super happy with the results. Primed, painted, and reinstalled in a rush to drive it while the weather is still nice. And just my luck the fuel sending unit is now leaking around one of the electrical connections. Bit the bullet and ordered a new one, O-ring, and lock collar. Maybe I can drive it this weekend if USPS doesn't screw up.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
If you need parts come up and dig through all my extras. I don't need anything in the engine bay and have not gotten around to throwing them out. The spider gears on your diff are really weak, if you want an extra I dont know what to do with mine so you could take that as well (Auto 280's got updated parts).

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I really need to do that. I will need spares for the time being.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
It's alive! But my laptop battery is dying, so for now just enjoy these photos.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Just now discovered this. Looks awesome, but yes, anything you can do to ditch the L-jet will be a benefit.

My wife's 79 280ZX is the only car I've ever dealt with that would loving vapor lock.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I’m just happy it runs right now. I think I’m just over $800 to get it to this point. It does have one strange problem I need to sort out. It’s squealing under decell for a few seconds. New belt, alternator, and water pump. My bigger concern appears to be a seeping head gasket. Sounds like the perfect excuse for a porter head/headers. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
That rust isn't that bad, you can get a new floor pan for those for less than $500 and have it installed in a day or two.

• Locked thread