Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Psychepath posted:

Being able to move entire rooms and retain their layout is so, so good.

Yeah that was great, I kinda hope you can clone entire rooms as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
I couldn't help myself and now I'm halfway through Theme Hospital yet again.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Popete posted:

Ugh wish they were just doing a rolling midnight release. Looking forward too this, looks like a lot of fun. The devs seem to emphasis it'll be playable long term which I hope is true and its not just a set of "missions" where your old hospitals become irrelevant and you reach an end state after the final hospital.

This is kind of my concern - what is the plan for long term content? Are there going to be future DLC (free or paid?), user generated maps/mods (!), etc? Some more info on that is what's keeping this from being a day 1 purchase for me.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Waiting for the unlock like....

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

less than an hour, doctors!

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Mm when is unlock time?

Edit: Mostly posted to check my posting clock time. Apparently I'm still setup for west coast :D.
Double edit: Fixed. Was unnerving seeing the post time say less than an hour from previous post at 9pm vs the midnight my clock shows and my game wasn't unlocked!

Krazuel fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Aug 30, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

It's up! Gogogogogo!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Only played for an hour before bed, but it was enough to two-star the first hospital.

Can't wait to earn piles of Kudosh so I can unlock all sorts of decorative things. :allears:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ha, there's even a healthcare awards ceremony in the yearly review.

I really like the ability to just wholesale grab an entire room and its contents and move it elsewhere. It's so much more intuitive and streamlined than having to build the new one, move the poo poo over then demolish the old one.

I've been recounting the newly discovered diseases to my girlfriend who's sat a few feet away on her own comp, and given she just got over a three month long fight with c diff colitis (where two different doctors ignored her saying "hello I've been making GBS threads through the eye of a needle for months now") she really empathises with the poor fucks with Miseryguts.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Aug 30, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Hexenritter posted:

Ha, there's even a healthcare awards ceremony in the yearly review.

I really like the ability to just wholesale grab an entire room and its contents and move it elsewhere. It's so much more intuitive and streamlined than having to build the new one, move the poo poo over then demolish the old one.

I've been recounting the newly discovered diseases to my girlfriend who's sat a few feet away on her own comp, and given she just got over a three month long fight with c diff colitis (where two different doctors ignored her saying "hello I've been making GBS threads through the eye of a needle for months now") she really empathises with the poor fucks with Miseryguts.

When I was dating my wife she called me up to cancel a date because she was sick. She told me she had The Squits. That's my story of falling in love, thank you for listening.

I've only played level one, but it seems to be exactly what I wanted, Theme Hospital with a modern interface. I had a mousewheel bug though, so I tried to search up a solution (it's restart the game) and boy are there a lot of people upset about the ethnic and gender diversity in this game. Always glad to be a video games fan.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:laffo: I use the same term. It's so on point.

edit: I am also now the Krankenschwanz Health Foundation, tia

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Aug 30, 2018

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I only got to play for a few minutes before work but it definitely triggered the "This is Theme Hospital but nicer!" in the back of my brain, so I'm looking forward to spending more time with it and obsessively building efficient, brutalist hospital designs.

Is the voice over the PA the same woman as in the original?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Never has a more modern build interface made me happier. It’s lovely

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Not Operator posted:

boy are there a lot of people upset about the ethnic and gender diversity in this game. Always glad to be a video games fan.

...in what way?

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

The_Doctor posted:

...in what way?

Just like five or six threads on the steam forums about there being too many nonwhite staff, male nurses, women doctors. I was looking for a bug fix and there's about as many threads about this as there are about Denuvo.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Not Operator posted:

Just like five or six threads on the steam forums about there being too many nonwhite staff, male nurses, women doctors. I was looking for a bug fix and there's about as many threads about this as there are about Denuvo.

Ugh, of course. They clearly never played TH then, the game generated just as many non-white staff there too.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How many bloody GP offices do you need later on? In Theme Hospital, each room had a separate queue so I simply built more on the diagnostic path and patients tended to go along with it.

Here, every room of the same type shares the same queue so patients run around from one end of the hospital to the other if I do that because the first free GP is the one in building B and then the other patient that was in front of building B GP now gets called by building A and rooms spend half their time waiting for patients and :argh:

Is there a setting I missed perchance?

(Also I hate monobeasts. Probably the only gameplay element from Theme Hospital that I would excise)

Omobono fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Aug 30, 2018

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Omobono posted:

How many bloody GP offices do you need later on? In Theme Hospital, each room had a separate queue so I simply built more on the diagnostic path and patients tended to go along with it.

Here, every room of the same type shares the same queue so patients run around from one end of the hospital to the other if I do that because the first free GP is the one in building B and then the other patient that was in front of building B GP now gets called by building A and rooms spend half their time waiting for patients and :argh:

always cluster your diagnostic rooms together. patients will bounce between them as the diagnostic certainty goes up, then they will go for treatment, so your basic hospital layout should be a reception area, then all the diagnostics as packed together as possible, then an array of larger treatment rooms around that

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Game does not suck. I am pleased.

Not Operator posted:

boy are there a lot of people upset about the ethnic and gender diversity in this game

[citation needed]

Disgusting Coward fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 30, 2018

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Yeah, only played an hour, but it honestly took me back to the first time I played the game ( on the PSX in the mid to late 90s )

I do think its the same VO lady on the announcements, if it is that's an amazing treat.

For 30 bucks, an upgraded Theme Hospital is absolutely worth the price of admission. If they were going to add more content, they could probably get away with charging more for the base game.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Loving this already, takes me right back to

Grevlek posted:

the first time I played the game ( on the PSX in the mid to late 90s )

:hf:

Actually giggled the first time I watched the De-Lux Clinic do its work. This game definitely has that old Theme Hospital charm :allears:

Also being able to assign additional staff to a ward is a godsend.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Only got to play half an hour last night but it seems great. Really looking forward to diving in after work.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
:siren: Biggest Deal for this game that only lasts a few hours! Get this game for $20!:siren:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-30-two-point-hospital-discounted-to-13-38-usd19-84-for-the-next-few-hours

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1035181966822268928

Maker sure you are getting the right version for your region. I got the US version with no trouble. Ends around 12 or 1 pm PST

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Unlucky7 posted:

:siren: Biggest Deal for this game that only lasts a few hours! Get this game for $20!:siren:

gently caress, I was going to wait but this is too good to pass up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s an arsehole move for your people that preordered it.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah I'm mildly annoyed I bought this yesterday.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The_Doctor posted:

Might be that storefront running the sale and eating the difference in their share of the profits in order to get more total sales.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-08-30-two-point-hospital-discounted-to-13-38-usd19-84-for-the-next-few-hours

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1035181966822268928

Maker sure you are getting the right version for your region. I got the US version with no trouble. Ends around 12 or 1 pm PST

oh, thanks for that. Was gonna wait for a bit but that's a nice price

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

McDragon posted:

oh, thanks for that. Was gonna wait for a bit but that's a nice price

I was actually going to buy this but then my CC kicked a fraud warning and stopped the purchase. When I cleared it up and went back to buy it, it told me I'd already used the coupon.

Anyone else: maybe use Paypal if you think your credit card might do the same.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
someone please call in a bomb threat to my job so i can go home and play this game some more. i promise to donate at least fifty dollars to your prisoner account

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Unlucky7 posted:

Trying to get this but my account activation e-mail isn't showing up...

Edit: NM, just showed up and got the purchase through. Thanks for posting this!

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 30, 2018

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I was just told to work from home tomorrow, so...yeah time to build some hospitals.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I have to wait a few days until I buy my new laptop, and then I can play!

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I read there's a way to pick up and move an entire room. How?

Edit: Nevermind, you have to be in the edit menu to do it. Super convenient.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Is there a way to copy a room? So I can just make one bathroom and them mushroom stamp them where I want them?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i keep bumping up against quality of life improvements that weren't possible in theme hospital

irregularly shaped rooms!

when you train, you can bring in a guest trainer - you don't have to hire a doctor to teach other doctors new skills! and nurses can train doctors, etc.!

Krazuel posted:

Is there a way to copy a room? So I can just make one bathroom and them mushroom stamp them where I want them?

not yet

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007

luxury handset posted:

and nurses can train doctors, etc.!

Completely unrealistic. Since when do doctors accept training from nurses?

(I have nurses in the family and have heard stories from them.)

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I've never played Theme Hospital so I'm kind of easing into this. I'm a bit confused about how training works. Not like, functionally, I get that, but like am I supposed to deliberately and drastically overstaff so I can rotate people in and out of training? Hell, how much should I be overstaffing in general to cover people on breaks?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Linear Zoetrope posted:

I've never played Theme Hospital so I'm kind of easing into this. I'm a bit confused about how training works. Not like, functionally, I get that, but like am I supposed to deliberately and drastically overstaff so I can rotate people in and out of training? Hell, how much should I be overstaffing in general to cover people on breaks?

Training and promotions are one of the least interesting things about this game to me, since you can't, say, assign pharmacy trained nurses to the pharmacy, and who could even tell if a 10% difference is working.

It doesn't hurt to hire some low wage temps while your main roster is in training. And in one of the staff menus you can dictate how many of each type are allowed to go on break at a time, to give you a rough estimate. Let 3/8 nurses go on break if you have 5 working rooms, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
poo poo, A full copy is out. I bought this two weeks ago and I was just checking! Out of all the quick checks that I had watched on Youtube, those mono-borw things seem very weird and annoying, and the person I first clocked this on is named Aavak?

Downloading now, lol. I don't really have any steam friends. I'm kind of old and even most of my nerd friends gave up their PCs and went to consoles.