Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

As expected DLC has been announced for Two Point Campus. Coming out December 6th for everything but the switch (which is December 12th).

Two Point Campus: Space Academy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1soHdxPLn4

3 new campus locations
6 new courses with fully animated classrooms
6 new student archetypes
3 new events including Sci-fi Conventions, Space Battles and an out-of-this-world gig act.
New Time Tourism Club
and lots of new items!

Seems to be typical for them. About $10 or $9 if you pre-order. In my opinion the DLC are typically worth the price. Either way just thought I'd let people know.

Unclouded fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
SPAAAAAAACE! :dance:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The_Doctor posted:

SPAAAAAAACE! :dance:

No one can hear you teach

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Just beat this with all stars, and tried to go back to start beating Two Point Hospital after leaving it for a year or so. And I really can't! It's a good enough game I suppose but there's so many little improvements in Campus that I was just not having fun learning any of the new mechanics in the DLC and such for the old game. UI, gameplay loop, even the simplistic graphics were a lot more stylish. I felt like every single level in the new game teaches me subtle lessons about what makes each course your students can take different, and why you should choose each of them as you progress through the game. And that's something that's even more lovely, being able to pick and choose courses to give your campus what it needs at that particular point in its development.

Already pre-ordered the new DLC and probably gonna run through it in just a few days.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Anyone yet to take the new DLC for a test drive? I have it in my library but haven't had the drive to drop everything else for a week for it yet.

I also bought the Hospital DLC with the ambulances at the same time, is it any good?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Anyone yet to take the new DLC for a test drive? I have it in my library but haven't had the drive to drop everything else for a week for it yet.

I also bought the Hospital DLC with the ambulances at the same time, is it any good?

I can say the ambulances DLC for TPH is pretty good. It does shift the gameplay loop a bit though. Rather than having a consistent pool of people you can increase your patient influx with the various ambulances (keep in mind you have to train/hire drivers for them you usually want to have nurses do this since they're cheaper). It felt like a last hurrah for the game and I'm not sorry I played it even if the last star on the last of the 3 dlc hospitals was a bit of a hassle to get. It's also the most self contained of all the DLCs since you can't bring the ambulances to the other hospitals or sandbox to my knowledge.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Been playing the Space DLC and all three maps are proper "build a campus"-maps with few gimmicks. I haven't really started the last one yet, just visited it once, though. The first one is really easy, on the second the biggest problem by far is constantly running out of room.

And I like it quite much; especially the second map where you build a starfleet academy that also is a jedi school.

Tunzie
Aug 9, 2008
The last map gave me some trouble since you’re essentially capped on new students per year and thus annual income from student fees. Took me a while to resource it out the way I needed (particularly with trained staff) without going broke. Kinda challenging!

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Tunzie posted:

The last map gave me some trouble since you’re essentially capped on new students per year and thus annual income from student fees. Took me a while to resource it out the way I needed (particularly with trained staff) without going broke. Kinda challenging!

3-staring that map took me 14 academy years; it definitely needs the "no raises unless given manually" toggled, and don't forget for the 3rd star that you also get a learning bonus out of inspire-skill, and by running a marketing campaign and then just not taking anything more than the 25, or what is still required, because having extra pool of applicants drives that number up.

Oh and do not under any circumstances buy out map segments that you do no need, and turn off the "mine asteroids" job from all mechanics that aren't specifically hired to do that. The constant barrage of asteroids makes the maintenance guys just run around in circles chasing them, and forget to do their other tasks. If you don't unlock extra map segments they at least are nearby.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC announced for Two Point Campus. Coming out March 15h.

Two Point Campus: School Spirits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibeQX_c877Q

• A New Campus Location
• 2 New Courses
• 2 New Fully Animated Classrooms
• 2 New Student Archetypes
• A New Challenge Mode Level
• And Lots Of New Items

Unusually for them it's only one campus, but I guess the price kinda reflect it? $5.99/€5.99/£5.49 instead of the usual about $10. Also 10% off if you pre-order it.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Pre-ordered.

Although I think its a bit worrisome that they are releasing a mini-DLC instead of normal DLC pack. It could mean that they need to pad their cashflow and that isn't a good sign even in the best of days, especially for studio such niche-oriented as this.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Just played through that mini-DLC; the added map and its gimmick was nice, but the DLC really could have used at least second map as the other new major was really underutilized. There was also really odd choice that ghost studies didn't have any synergy with either of the magic majors but you do need a fully equipped computer classroom, which I found funny.

Also as for the map objectives, at least this time there wasn't a whiplash on the 3-starring, so you can safely put all investments to the ghostbusting major.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that regarding the power grading of how much damage your students do, quantity is the king. This isn't explained anywhere, actually some help texts even imply quality over quantity, but unlike for example the cheeseball or cooking competitions its not exactly about how high quality your top level students are, the bigger factor by far is how many students you can bring to the fight.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 15, 2023

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

New DLC announced for Two Point Campus. Coming out August 17th.

Two Point Campus: Medical School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCnO3RNYws

• 3 New Campus Locations
• 2 New Courses with 6 Treatment Rooms
• 2 New Student Archetypes
• Lots of Patients and Illnesses
• 60+ New Items
• Emergencies, Helicopters, Fires, Ghosts!

Back up to the usual DLC sizes and price £8.99/$9.99/€9.99 (if you pre-order there's still a discount). Looks interesting as a tie in to Two Point Hospital even if it probably doesn't function one-for-one. We'll see how it works.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I bet a designer had a real "chocolate and peanut butter" moment thinking that one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

What I think they are experiencing "the campus DLC isn't selling enough so we had to recycle assets to make another major DLC".

Which is sad as it indicates that there might be some issues keeping the Two Point franchise afloat.