Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
Anyone else having issues with outside teachers in the third level? I've had one time where they wouldn't show up and the training room kept being locked, couldn't cancel the training either. I tried deleting the room that didn't work either at first, I eventually managed to semi-delete it but that resulted in all characters walking on the spot. So had to restart that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
I'm playing the Pebberley DLC and it seems that my janitors are not really doing what they are supposed to? I've trained them and have about 12 of them yet I keep having exploding machines because they are too slow to repair and floors full of sick. I checked the jobs they are allowed to do and even set some of them to do only repairs and not cleaning toilets/watering planets/restocking vending machines etc.

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
Thanks for the advice! Wasn't aware of the sabotage.

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin

luxury handset posted:

the pathfinding on janitors can be a bit weird, and if your hospital is too large the janitors will spend a lot of time walking from task to task. it is always worth it to put the speed boost on janitors

Mazz posted:

Motivated stacks with the other trained boost AFAIK too so janitors should all have motivated if you can get it, that and energy drinks/coffee everywhere.

Thanks for the tips!

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
Played a bit so far and I'm enjoying it. It's mostly more of the same but that is fine by me.

Blueprints for rooms are in from the start which is a nice QOL feature.

What I do miss is the ability to have an overview for the assigned tasks for your staff in one view.
At the moment if you want to check or change their assigned jobs you need to pull them up individually whereas in the previous game you could get an overview of everyone at once which was much more convenient. So hopefully they patch that in :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zadda
Jan 27, 2007

Young Urchin
I didn't really know how the pathfinding worked, so interesting to read that here. Time to make some adjustments to my campus :)

Torrannor posted:

There's a 1gb patch being deployed to TPC, does anybody know where I can find the patch notes?

Patch notes from Steam:

quote:

Release notes 1.4:

General
General Optimisation of behavior system
Sandbox Mode now unlocks after achieving 1 star in Freshleigh
Course management is now disabled in the first year of the tutorial
Improvements to Sandbox create new save UI
Training room improvements: Janitors no longer count towards room capacity
Teachers can now train while janitors are repairing the pod.
Room Capacity warning is now at 100%, rather than 90%
Improvements to subtitles
Improved some of the Chinese translations

Bug Fixes
Item placement improvements and bug fixing
General Stability Improvements
Update the icon for when there is a queue for a room, and the icon for when the room is at capacity to be more intuitive.
Updated messaging when you have an item on the cursor that should be placed outside if trying to place it inside
Internet History bookcase is now awarded during the Career. If you are past the point where it gets awarded, you should now have it available in the Library items list.
You can now rename stuff, students and rooms with a controller
Fixed a bug where it wasn't possible to scroll down correctly in the items info tab
Fixed a bug where it wasn't possible to change the name of a custom Sandbox (we have found another bug with this that we will be fixing!)
Fixed missing item rotation keybind
Gig visitors no longer count towards room capacity
Fix for "arrival points blocked" error on Nobelstead
Add toggle in settings to disable controller input on PC (we are still investigating the cause of the issues around controllers on PC)
Fixed a bug where photomode short key (6) was not triggering photomode
On using controller when browsing the staff list the north button now pick's up staff
Improved messaging when you have an item on the cursor that should be placed outside
Fixed Typo in finance screens in English
Fix for being unable to launch game if your current system date format culture is one not supported by the current log file string format
Fixed a bug where pressing back without accepting the safe area setting still applies the changed setting in-game.
Fixed a bug where the room build menu's subtract button was disabled but you could still go into bulldoze mode.
Fixed a bug where the button prompts in the timetable menu were not disappearing after the lesson/event inspector was opened.
Fixed an issue with the framerate limiter
Fix exploit where you could copy Artifact items in Sandbox
Fixed a bug when on returning to Mitton from later in the game, you didn't get applicants with all types of qualifications
Fixed Delete and Cancel operation when moving existing procedural items
Fixed keyboard shortcuts being fired when editing text.
Fix high FPS breaking Pan Camera tutorial objective
Fixed copied scenario rooms not deducting base tile cost.
Fixed weird behavior with play/fast forward buttons
Fixed changing teacher job assignment not updating next years timetable
Single fence / hedge posts are now selectable.
Fix for crash when signing in to Two Point County in Traditional Chinese
Fix for being unable to place items in Nobelstead occasionally
Potential fix for some players who are having issues with saving their game
Fix for rotate item tutorial showing WW instead of Z and X
Fix for crash on Mac if VSYNC is turned on. If you experienced this crash please see pinned post in bug forum
Fix for students sometimes not going on to to duelling stage in the Spell Room
Fixed issue with the Podium in Student Union that was making it hard to place down
Fix for Mole not being spawned in Bludergrad

We have more on the way, so please continue to report any issues you find in the Bugs section of the Steam forum!

[edit]
Noticed some small bugs with the patch, mainly some button mapping that has reverted to the default. The UI scale was reset as well and favorite items were all gone too.

Zadda fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 25, 2022