Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Two Point Hospital is a PC/Mac buisness sim game based around running your own private hospital, produced by Two Point Studios and published by SEGA. It's a spiritual successor to the much loved Bullfrog game, Theme Hospital, and has been made by some of the original TH creators. Website is here, and if you sign up for their news email, you get a golden toilet for the game when it's out! Release date: August 30th 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFfpyyi0qEQ

If you ever played the original Theme Hospital, you'll be aware that it's not an entirely serious take on hospital management. Yes, you have to make sure the building runs smoothly, hire staff, build rooms and clinics, research diseases, and try and cure your patients, but it's all done with a huge amount of tongue in cheek humour that's quite British in flavour. You won't see any real life conditions here, as patients are more likely to suffer from things like Lightheadedness (literally their head has become a light bulb), or they think they're Freddie Mercury, or they suffer from Cubism brought on by looking at Picasso paintings for too long. And if, well, the worst does occur, make sure you've hired a janitor with a ghostbusting perk!

The aim is to keep your hospital ticking over nicely, improving its reputation to such a degree that you get offered bigger and better placements in other towns. So you need to keep your patients happy and get them cured, keep your staff happy and relaxed, keep everything clean and tidy so as not to spread diseases, and remain on the cutting edge of medical science! The hospital needs to be kept visitor-friendly so decorate with benches, plants, vending machines, leaflet stands, and definitely don't forget to build some toilets. Your staff also need to be kept happy, so their offices need to be nice, and their staff room spacious and relaxing. But always be aware some terrible incident can occur, and your hospital now has to deal with an emergency! All hands on deck, stat!

If you've moved up in the world, you can always go back to your old hospitals to see how things are going and improve as necessary. You will also have the opportunity to build training hospitals to improve your staff/unlock clinics, which you can then use in your other hospitals as you progress.

Gameplay vid from the Two Point team:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtHPJiyaeOM

Screenshots:

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm required in the Pans Lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, I hadn't seen that. That looks both fun and annoying. I assume you then have to drag over a janitor to clean them up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This game is one of the rare ones with a pre-order discount these days. But early!

Plus it’s a reasonable price too!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big news coming in 40 mins on SEGA’s Twitch stream, apparently.

This close to release, I assume they’ve gone gold, or there’s a demo imminent.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Does it make a difference preordering on steam vs the Two Point site?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Poil posted:

Only if it blows your mind.

(it has lightheadedness instead)

There is also Turtle Head.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I played a bit of original Theme Hospital the other day, and I’d completely forgotten you can’t rotate the map.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Popete posted:

Ugh wish they were just doing a rolling midnight release. Looking forward too this, looks like a lot of fun. The devs seem to emphasis it'll be playable long term which I hope is true and its not just a set of "missions" where your old hospitals become irrelevant and you reach an end state after the final hospital.

The gameplay vids the team have put out often show going back to previous hospitals to see how they’re ticking over, improve them, etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Not Operator posted:

boy are there a lot of people upset about the ethnic and gender diversity in this game. Always glad to be a video games fan.

...in what way?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Not Operator posted:

Just like five or six threads on the steam forums about there being too many nonwhite staff, male nurses, women doctors. I was looking for a bug fix and there's about as many threads about this as there are about Denuvo.

Ugh, of course. They clearly never played TH then, the game generated just as many non-white staff there too.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

That’s an arsehole move for your people that preordered it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I have to wait a few days until I buy my new laptop, and then I can play!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Kins posted:

Free Weekend plus a new update that adds decorative items based on other Sega-published PC games... and also headcrabs from Half-Life because sure, okay.

Oh I hope the added imports from other games stay.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mods, can we change the thread title back?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Is crabheadedness still sticking around or have I missed that boat?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

:siren: Both DLC packs are 20% off in the Steam summer sale. :siren:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Unclouded posted:

“...you get to see them aliens.”

Ugh.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mouse is infinitely better than touchpad for this. Just get a magazine or book to use as mousepad when you’re in bed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

If I were to just to get my feet wet trying this game for the first time, is the base title fine as is or is any of the DLC recommended to make the experience better?

There’s a lot in the base game to fiddle around with and play before you start getting bored (you might not even get bored!). Pebberly Island and Bigfoot are the DLC to get when you want to spice things up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There’s new DLC out today! A Stitch in Time is apparently time travel based?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7Ih80XNzs

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They've announced a new game! Two Point Campus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_14i0Zxsfos

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Yeah, there seems to be lots of things going on there. Dorms, classrooms/lecture theatres, dining halls, janitors, professors’ offices, extra-curricular things, research depts, etc. That’s a lot of moving parts to manage.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Mods, can we change the thread title please?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Two Point Theme Park feels like it’s in the works.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Two Point Space Station

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Two Point Airline

"Customers are reminded that if you missed your connecting flight then it's your fault for not flying direct"

Ah, you’ve flown with Ryanair too?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I dunno, that seems pretty accurate. I had two buildings on my university campus that were absolute mazes, and people regularly got lost in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

SPAAAAAAACE! :dance: